View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 04:21 AM   #13
tammay

Wanted to check in also. For the last few days, I've been focusing my diet on proteins, veggies, and fats, with only 1 serving of grains (a high-fiber cereal, which I need for the "crunch" effect, as I'm not a huge fan of nuts) and keeping my carbs to about 80-90 a day. So it's quite a bit higher than most low carb diets, but I read somewhere that a "low carb" diet is considered one where carbs are less than 100 a day. My plan is very balanced though (about 40% fat, 30% carbs, and 30% protein) and filled with veggies. In fact, it's ironic but I've been eating a lot more veggies, and especially salads, since adding dairy and eggs back into my diet (but not fish - I just couldn't do it!) I'm guessing that's because I was on a no-added-fat vegan diet before (a la McDougall, Fuhrman, Barnard, and the like) and salads without at least a little bit of oil are just not tasty for me.

I am eating quite a bit of dairy, I'll admit, but I'm feeling good on the plan. But I'm feeling good so far. I'll be monitoring how I feel because the big issue that I have with low carb is health issues. When I did blood work last year as a vegan, everything was fine (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc). So I'l admit I'm still dealing with the brainwash of the no-fat-added doctors about the evils of eating more than 10% of daily calories from fat and eating more than 5% of calories from protein. So I'm planning on doing bloodwork again in another 5 weeks (before I leave for a trip to the States) after I've done this plan for a while and see how everything goes.

How is everyone else doing?

Tam

S: Size 16-18
C: Size 14
G: Size 8-10
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote