PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #1  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5ī4.5

Default SOOO Happy- 4 months today!

I have had irregular periods all my life, they have ranged from every 2-9 months and usually are induced with progesterine. But, since I have been losing weight and maintaining the weight loss without yo-yoing my period came in April 1st, again May 1st, then June 1st and again today! 28 days apart!!! I canīt beleive it, and have been doing the period dance all morning.

I have gone through every PCOS med and fertility treatment on the market to get pregnant, and I have always known my weight was the reason for my infertility, and I couldnt be happier, and nothing could be a bigger motivator than my AF. So, hubby comes back in 2 weeks (to the day) from afganistan, and this month were simply going to throw in some clomid and moniter and cross our fingers!!

I am one of the beleivers that if you can lose weight PCOS can dissapprear. I am going to keep trying hard to hopefully lose a few more pounds, but moreover to just continue to be healthy. At 150 I feel pretty good about my body and the only reason I would want to be thinner is for fertility.

So I guess what I want to say is to keep chipping away everyday, doing the best that you can. We can all get there!!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Congrats!

And yes -- if you can get the weight down, PCOS symptoms can reduce/go into "remission"

Yay you!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #3  
Fatty-atty-umpkin

Height: 5'4"

That is AWESOME!!! I also believe that the weight loss can reverse PCOS. Since losing about 10% of my body weight my periods are already regulating. Congrats and good luck on your journey to parenthood!
kc82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Height: 6'

I also agree with the thought that by losing weight, fertility and all of that can come back full force! A couple of my Aunts with PCOS definately proved that to me! great job and good luck! keep doing amazing!
KatieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #5  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

S/C/G: 200ish/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Congrats!! Baby dust and all that good stuff to you!!

Pre-seed has great success also! Can't hurt BD!!
MrsH2132012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #6  

That's so great! are you following any particular diet plan?

I took Clomid and got pregnant with my DD. She is now 14 The first time I took it, I didn't get pregnant, but the next time I did. This sounds strange, but my doc told me to take plain Robitussin as the bottle says around time of ovulation. It helps thin the cervical mucus so the sperm can swim through easier. Sorry to get so graphic, but we all know about this stuff

One of my friends tried for years to get pregnant and took Clomid, but only got pregnant when she took Robitussin around ovulation. Hey, it won't hurt to try. It has worked for us Good luck to you
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #7  
Party Starter.

S/C/G: 200/183/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post

And yes -- if you can get the weight down, PCOS symptoms can reduce/go into "remission"

A.
Once in remission, do you suppose you can stop metformin if you're on it? Just curious if anyone knew.
fromshantoslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Yes. I was off it for a long while. Endoc told me my labs looked so normal you'd never know I was a PCOS patient.

But then I got wiggy again in labs so I am back on.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote