South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Babbling - Thursday, June 28

Paul and I are inviting you for coffee on the deck this morning. The cardinals are already singing, the loons have done their commute and I just saw a great blue heron fly over - always a sign of good luck. Jazz is dozing on his chair plotting his next escape and Disney is just enjoying lying beside me. (I rescued her in June 2008 and she is still grateful, I think.)

Lots to do today but I have lists! First will be an hour or so in the garden putting in those last plants and really watering them in. We are heading into a hot weekend and I won't be here to coddle them so ... they either make it or they don't. I leave for the Ottawa airport at 7 tomorrow morning so probably won't be watering. You gotta be a tough plant to live in my garden!

Really looking forward to this weekend away with friends. I even am feeling brave about putting on a bathing suit and going swimming. I intend to really relax and try not to think of next week's jam-packed four day week.

Have a good day and stay cool physically and mentally!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - looking forward to a full report and a pic! Hope you enjoy.

Yesterday was awesome...one surgery had cancelled (couldn't catch the cat), one I cancelled (bad bloodwork), so DARNED IT....only one left! I got out quite early, so I was able to take my pup out in the mountains. She was back to her old self, delightfully chasing any chipmunk that made a peep (and she looks like a deer, the way she leaps!). And then last night I finally took my daughter shoe shopping...and found TWO pairs!! She's a difficult one! Now we can throw those smelly nasty ones away.

Today is a long day at work, and it's been packed this month. So, nothing exciting except a paycheck.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Why, thank you, Paul and Ruth. There's something going on in the shopping center across the street that's making lots of noise and drowning out any sounds of bird chatter around here this morning, though.

Yes, Ruthie, it's going to be very hot this weekend, so pack accordingly, and don't forget the swimsuit!

The girls want to pack a picnic and spend the day at the state park, so that's our plan for the day. At least it's not supposed to be too hot.

Good morning, Tammy. No picture taking allowed, so you'll have to use your imagination.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-28-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A fly by....two days off and Kirk is feeling well. He has permission to go to the pool so we're going to give it a try this morning. A picnic at the park tonight with his TBI support group. I moved my ticker down one yesterday so I'm feeling very motivated to bring something OP.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early morning Beachers I've been rewriting resumes and cover letters so used all my free time this morning. Life is so weird, I'm rewriting my resume so people don't dismiss me as overqualified. Quite a change after all those years of trying to look superqualified. I'm enjoying the temporary bus para job but it's very unreliable. I only work if the kiddo goes to school and so far she has missed two days this week and next week school is closed. I'm hoping they will offer me something in the school for fall. I can't live on the bus job, as much as I enjoy it.

Happy Thursday friends
Old 06-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #6  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

hy fellow beach chicks how are u today?? a few hour ago arrived at my home my own Body Champ Elliptical i hope it will help me do some nice workout (since i stopped to do the twice a week fast walk due to high temperature) and help me pass under the 280?s cause i am stuc k there for the past 2 weeks . this month i lost 8.81 pounds but to be honest i wanted to loose another 5 pounds from 15 of the month to the end of the month.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

The week has felt like the weekend so far and I've been rather dragging and out of sorts. So I'm actually looking forward to the "real" weekend! We are expecting record-breaking highs of around 108 today! I'm off to yoga this morning, work this afternoon, then a birthday dinner for my nephew turning 6.

Have a great day, all.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, all. I'm so exhausted after a spotty night's sleep. Can I rant for a second? Thanks!
My DD is going through a dramatic time - she's 20, involved in acting/singing, so I've kind of gotten used to it. But - last night was special. She had a nightmare, came downstairs sobbing which woke me up. I was trying to distract her, when the doorbell rang. It was the police. Apparently, one of her "friends" thought she was going to kill herself. Oh joy. This was at 1:30. I didn't really get back to sleep until after 4. Lord, help us make it through! I wanted to get my run in before making a carrot cake for my FILs birthday. Oh well. Such is life. Please wish me a simpler day.
Cate
Old 06-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good late morning to you all! Busy morning playing catch up at work after 5 days off. Makes me want to countdown until my August vacation. Spent the evening doing my meal prep for the week. Made a cucumber salad and a creation salad you name it, it's in there lol. Hope they are Ok as they are my sides for a few meals this week. The scale and I are friends again, actually really good friends, but Sunday is my weigh in. Keeping my fingers crossed we will be friends then too.

Quick hello now back to work
Old 06-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. I had a HORRIBLE migraine yesterday and couldn't really eat much until 7 last night without being sick. Chris made a frozen pizza and had chips..... and I had leftover better-than-real meatloaf and broccoli. Sigh. It was SO hard to be good, but I did it. Got my eyes on the prize....

Feeling much better today though! Just thought I'd pop in to say hello, especially since I didn't yesterday. Tonight I'm making cauliflower casserole and having a salad, probably some sort of fake meat as well. Trying to behave!!! Looking forward to Ph2 Monday, for sure!

Hope everyone had a great day! Will check in again soon.

Lisa
Old 06-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Well, as I worked last night, my "breakfast" after I woke up at 1pm was QDOBA! Naked burrito bowl with black beans, no rice, all the veggies I could possibly get, pico de gallo and guacamole. Hello, healthy fats and good veg!

Now to get motivated to get into the shower... I can't wait until I'm no longer a night shift zombie...

Last edited by Eydawn; 06-28-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Closed Thread