Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 04:06 PM   #1  

Default Getting started...its so hard!

My dh and i are starting a new lifestyle...we are making little challanges to help each other along...like whoever loses 5 lbs by Sunday...he either has to give me a pedicure..LOL or I give him a back rub. Anyways..its hard getting started...I get this way everytime I try and lose weight..I think how long its going to take...but Iknow the sooner I start the easier it will get and time is going to pass regardless so I might as well use it wisely...
Our problem is we eat out all the time...we need to change habits especially for our kids...but its hard to stop for convience purposes and start cooking and eating healthy...nothing sounds good..LOL
anyone else have this problem..shoud I take baby steps?
Like cut back/cut out coke and drink more water...incorporate veggies/fruit ????????
I go back to work in January from maternity leave..i'd like to be alot smaller...under 200 that would be 40 lbs...
Old 08-20-2003, 07:33 PM   #2  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Mrs Trish,

What plan are you following?

BOB
Old 08-20-2003, 11:01 PM   #3  

Cutting out Cokes and drinking lots of water is a great start no matter what program you plan to follow, I think. I did that and altho we cut down lots on the number of times we eat out now, we still do it occasionally. You're right..it's sooo convenient! What I did was the times we did eat out, I made healthier choices. For example, I choose Subway over McDonalds. If I do go to a fast food place, I choose Grilled chicken sandwich with no fries over the Double Cheeseburger and Chili Cheese Fries I used to get! That actually sounds disgusting now but I really ate that way a year ago. How greasy can you get?? YUCK!

Good luck with whatever plan you decide to follow. The biggest thing that helped me was this site. I have a great group of friends here that keep me on track. The accountability and inspiration is awesome. Post often and read on all the threads. There is definitely something for everybody around here.

Miki
Old 08-26-2003, 09:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

When I look back now, I see that the start was the easiest part. I was soooo sedentary and ate soooo much that it was easy to cut back and move a little more.
I did a bit of guessing and chose about 2300 calories for your maintenance level. You can eat less than that. I know you can. And I know you can move some more, or just faster with some more vigor.
I'm one of the worlds most habit driven people (smoker, nail-biter) and if I can do this anybody can.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:56 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo!

Ms. Trish! Some of us have started a "SEVEN DAYS AT A TIME" challenge thread for mini challenges. Please join us if you wanna!!!
Old 08-30-2003, 09:38 AM   #6  

Wow, I am so with you. It's taken me four years to get started. My husband and I eat out too much, too. It's a way to relax, and therefore really addicting!

But think of all the $$$ you'll save. We're trying to limit our monthly eating out to four times.

If you drink 48 oz of pop a day (4 cans), and cut down to 12 oz (1 can), you would save 450 calories... almost a pound a week! But I'm addicted to soda, too, so I know how hard that is to do.

Hope it gets easier for you. Just think of all the Wows when you get back from maternity leave.
Closed Thread