Old 06-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/122.4/110

Height: 5'3"

Default maintaining: what is average lb. range?

I am new to maintaining and I am wondering what is "normal" as far as varying weight. Such as, do most people seem to stay with in 3 pounds? Or do some people go up and down within a range of 5-7 pounds? I freak out if I go up even one pound because I'm so afraid that it will keep going up. I know that you will go up a few pounds after your cheat day, but how about the other days of the week? Do people still go up and down a few pounds when on plan? I realize everyone is different, but just checking to see what other's have to say!
laceypharmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

My weekly fluctuation is approximately 5-6 lbs so far. I generally see my lowest on the beginning of free day...I started maintenance at 159.

It's like a swing, sometimes it takes a few days for the scale to go back to what you're used to seeing that's usually sodium or issues with digestion (if you haven't gone to the loo for a few days because of free day)...and going into the 6th week of maintenance I'm finding my scale anxiety level is also lower because I see the trend.

I weigh in morning of free day and don't touch the scale until the day after Phase 1. And if it's still a little up due to sodium and digestion it's usually back down by Monday afternoon.

Good question for the maintenance thread, lots of people there would hold your hand.

Last edited by Ishbel; 06-27-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 135/122.4/110

Height: 5'3"

Thanks! I thought about posting on the maint. thread....but I didn't know if that was specific to Ideal Protein or not. ( I saw one thread on there where some people kind of bashed Ideal Protein at one point
laceypharmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceypharmD View Post
Thanks! I thought about posting on the maint. thread....but I didn't know if that was specific to Ideal Protein or not. ( I saw one thread on there where some people kind of bashed Ideal Protein at one point
I saw that, too. Never saw it before or since. I think those people thought they were posting somewhere else.
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

wow, I didn't see that

Don't worry about it and come on over
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I am usually within 3 pounds, highest monday, back to low on wednesday.

but Tom started this morning and I am up 3 more from yesterday. And I did phase 1 yesterday! Hard to believe I even drank enough for a 3 pound gain....stupid hormones!

Hopefully it is all back to normal by the weekend...I want to celebrate Canada day a little!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #7  

can fluctate 5 pounds in a day from water weight!
NateC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I think the original poster had posted a question in the regular section of 3 fat chicks thinking they were in the IP section. Then people who were not on IP started posting and then the monitor transfered the posts over to the IP section.

So the negative responces were not usual posters in the maintainance section.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #9  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I believe the recommendation for maintenance is to stay with a 3 percent range of your goal weight..up or down. I have also read 5 percent within goal weight.
I range ususally up and down 2 pounds in a week.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #10  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I am new to maintaining and I am wondering what is "normal" as far as varying weight. Such as, do most people seem to stay with in 3 pounds? Or do some people go up and down within a range of 5-7 pounds? I freak out if I go up even one pound because I'm so afraid that it will keep going up. I know that you will go up a few pounds after your cheat day, but how about the other days of the week? Do people still go up and down a few pounds when on plan? I realize everyone is different, but just checking to see what other's have to say!
Good question as I just switched to maintaining on Wednesday and am wondering this myself.
audgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #11  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

I started maintenance at 125 and the highest I have seen was 126 and the lowest was 122. Most days I see 123/124. Now, in the evening it is higher but that is normal. I do weigh frequently because I can't tell if I am up or down on my own. When I see the lower numbers I keep thinking it could go down more because of how it used to be when I was on P1. Now, it hits a low and creeps back up over the next few days.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote