Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 06/27/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 06-27-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Wow, wow, wow. Riss who is that new hot chick in your avatar? You look awesome. You must feel great too!

I am Feeling skinny today. I'm hoping for my 100 pound goal at WI tomorrow. Hope you all have a good day.

NSV yesterday. One of the dental hygenists yesterday could not keep commenting on how great I looked. She asked all kinds of questions and called me the incredible shrinking man. It made my day. It doesn't hurt that she is pretty hot either!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM iPeeps. Wishing all losers big loss #s!

I start a mini phase 2 next week for my trip to Chicago July 5-9th.

any advice?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #4  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Wow, wow, wow. Riss who is that new hot chick in your avatar? You look awesome. You must feel great too!

I am Feeling skinny today. I'm hoping for my 100 pound goal at WI tomorrow. Hope you all have a good day.

NSV yesterday. One of the dental hygenists yesterday could not keep commenting on how great I looked. She asked all kinds of questions and called me the incredible shrinking man. It made my day. It doesn't hurt that she is pretty hot either!
I hope you don't mind but I'm going to borrow some of your awesome mood today!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #5  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Hi there everyone. I'm feeling pretty excited today. I go for my first weigh in this afternoon. Last Wednesday I went for my initial consultation, it was in the afternoon and she weighed me with my clothes on (minus everything in pockets and shoes) and I was 188.5. This morning, right out of the shower, with way less on I weighed 176.4! So, this first WI looks pretty promising.

I can't wait to get my measurements back. The yucky belly in front of me doesn't look that much different, but it sure feels different.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning IPeeps! Nothing like 100+ degree temps to make it easy to drink your water. Have a great day.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #7  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone, I'm awake...after sleeping nearly 14 hours yesterday and this morning, and feel like I could go back to bed. My body feels like it got hit by a freight train, and that makes sense since the gambit that it had to go through yesterday (sick sick sick sick sick). I'm staying accountable, I said I was going to listen to my body last night and I did. I ended up with the equivalent of 2 actual protein meals (chicken for lunch and dinner, probably 10oz total or so), only one serving of veggies, and here's the kicker: 3 bars. Yes, you heard that right, 3. Now I didn't count what the carbs were in the veggies I ate, but the count I was at with the 3 bars + my breakfast shake was 16g of net carbs, 660 cal (not counting the chicken). I were kind of bad.

However, this morning the scale did not yell at me and tell me "YOU ARE EVIL!!" Nope, it was down 0.4 pound still from yesterday, so I'm hoping that means my body NEEDED all that extra protein (I counted somewhere around 45g in bars, 30g in my shake, plus the chicken) to help get through whatever the heck was wrong with me. Need to see if I feel actually better in a bit here to determine if I'm going to work today. Really wanna go because our monthly dinner+movie is today at like 3:00PM so it's only like a 1/2 day, and the movie is Men In Black III, which I haven't had the pleasure of seeing yet.

Well, I'm off to see how I feel...toodles all!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

WI #6 - lost 2 pounds, but only .75 of an inch.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Umm yea.. I totally agree with usmcvet. RISS!!! You go girl!! What a difference! You look hawwwt awesome job!
That actifry looks amazing but will have to wait since it's ~$200. I hope you hit the 100 too (even tho anything less would still be incredible in the time you've been OP! )
Kaypix- hope you feel better and get your movie day!
Good job and good luck to everyone who weighs in today. Just finished some delicious coffee-- now off to pick something from my breakfast menu. As long as it includes peanut butter, I'm golden lol.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Good Morning Everyone - just popping on to say. My official weigh in is tomorrow hoping to break into the 120's - wish me luck. I am going to gather my tech knowledge and try to post some before and after pic's on the weekend. I have the before's just not the after's.

Rissimo - you have such a glow about you now.
USMCVET - you are doing so great, you add so much to this site. Hope you kick *** at your weigh in tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #11  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Good Morning Everyone! This is day 3 for me and so far so good. I am an every day weigher, and I am down 1.8 lbs, so I am feeling pretty good.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #12  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Good morning! Having some coffee with a bit of my breakfast chocolate drink right now. My dog woke me up early so I am taking it slow.

For the first time in a week, I didn't have an anxiety dream about binge eating last night. What a relief! I think I feel more confident in the plan now.

Usmcvet, cheers to a great day leading you to that 100 number

Kbig, have fun in Chicago! I live a few hours from there! What will you be doing while there?

Kaypix, I hope you feel better today!

~Jenni
Old 06-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #13  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning - it's a beautiful morning here again, sunny, birds chirping. Yesterday morning a doe with 2 tiny fawns walked thru the yard outside my window! Love the view from my office

Riss - you look totally awesome! And getting so close to goal

Usmc - sending you the proverbial 'fairy dust'. Can't wait to see the numbers!

Kaypix - really hope you're better today.

I want to share something my primary care doc told me a couple days ago. First, he is familiar with IP, and is very glad I'm on this program. Then he asked what my goal weight is. He said there are new studies that show women that weigh less than 127, regardless of height, have a much higher risk of osteoporosis. My goal is 135, but told him I may change it to 130 as I get closer (I'm 5'2"). He said not try to get below 130. Has anyone else heard this?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Default few hours from chicago..? me 2

where are you? I am in Dixon Il area takes me an hour to get to Rockford IL or an hour the other ways to get to Quad Cities Iowa..I go to Peru for coaching which is hour another way from me..lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng View Post
Good morning! Having some coffee with a bit of my breakfast chocolate drink right now. My dog woke me up early so I am taking it slow.

For the first time in a week, I didn't have an anxiety dream about binge eating last night. What a relief! I think I feel more confident in the plan now.

Usmcvet, cheers to a great day leading you to that 100 number

Kbig, have fun in Chicago! I live a few hours from there! What will you be doing while there?

Kaypix, I hope you feel better today!

~Jenni
Old 06-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Had my WI last night (1 day early should have been tonight) and down -2.5 lbs., I'll take it, that makes a total of 35lbs. in just a little over 2 months. I totally love this program, where else could you lose that kind of weight in such a short amount of time.
I hope that everyone with WI's this week kicks ###. Remember keep your eyes on the prize and go for it.

And will someone please send the Whoosh Fairy to usmcvet for his WI, it would be way cool if he could hit the 100 lb. mark this week, keep up the good work usmcvet, you are doing awesome.

Keep on truckin...

Last edited by rvingprincess; 06-27-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Closed Thread