Old 06-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 06/26/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 06-26-2012 at 06:31 AM.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning IP Losers:

Looks like it is going to be another BEAUTIFUL day here in East Tennessee, I'm so loving this hot weather. Well the Woosh Fairy did not visit me this morning, the GAIN fairy got me, I'm up 2 pounds. I'm getting a little tired of the roller coaster ride. But hey, I'm healthier now than I was this time last year and I am so thankful for that. So, since I'm up this week it is definatly time for "BOOTCAMP" so I am starting that this morning. We shall see what happens next week.

DH started the plan last Monday for diabetics, on Wednesday night his sugars plummited and he was not able to move, so I had to go get him something to bring it back up. He called the doctor Thursday morning and they cut his pills from 4 a day to 2 a day. His sugars have been wonderful since abnd his blood pressure has been great as well. He is to call doc back today and let him know what his sugars have been and maybe he will cut even more out. He has lost 10 pounds so far. We shall see what they day shall bring.

Congratulations to all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day.

Last edited by rissimo; 06-26-2012 at 06:42 AM.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #3  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Good Morning To All,

Congrats to all. Been in maintance for three months and still losing. Love IP...
Endless Dieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IP Losers:

Looks like it is going to be another BEAUTIFUL day here in East Tennessee, I'm so loving this hot weather. Well the Woosh Fairy did not visit me this morning, the GAIN fairy got me, I'm up 2 pounds. I'm getting a little tired of the roller coaster ride. But hey, I'm healthier now than I was this time last year and I am so thankful for that. So, since I'm up this week it is definatly time for "BOOTCAMP" so I am starting that this morning. We shall see what happens next week.

DH started the plan last Monday for diabetics, on Wednesday night his sugars plummited and he was not able to move, so I had to go get him something to bring it back up. He called the doctor Thursday morning and they cut his pills from 4 a day to 2 a day. His sugars have been wonderful since abnd his blood pressure has been great as well. He is to call doc back today and let him know what his sugars have been and maybe he will cut even more out. He has lost 10 pounds so far. We shall see what they day shall bring.

Congratulations to all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day.
Rissimo-
You are getting pretty close to you goal, I'm excited for you! That roller coaster of gains and losses is trying! Glad DH is joining you on this trip. He will be so much healthier when his sugars calm down. Thanks for sharing.
dzzyjean
dizzyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #5  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

May I jump right in? After literally reading hundreds of posts in this subforum, today is Day 2 for me, using alternatives. I am inspired by so many of you here who are having great success...I plan to join you!

Right now I don't really have any questions, because I've read so many threads here, they all pretty much got answered!

Todays plan: (B) coffee, chocolate RTD; (L) leftover baked chicken, broccoli and a vanilla RTD; (D) grilled turkey burger and spinach; (S) protein bar; water water water

So how does that look for a newbie?
PhoenixRisingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

I have a wicked summer cold and am wondering what anyone has found that we can safely use as a throat lozenge. I'm about to float away from drinking so much hot tea...it feels great but I need something else to soothe my throat.
Thanks!
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning, Up bright and early, I have a busy day today. First day at the clinic, starting at 10, don't know how long I will be there. While I am there my son will start moving out stuff into the new apartment so I won't be around much today but I will try to check in later
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IP Losers:

Riss, I did the same thing as I neared goal. Hang in there. You have a great attitude about it! Sending positive vibes your way for hubby and figuring out what's best for him now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
May I jump right in? After literally reading hundreds of posts in this subforum, today is Day 2 for me, using alternatives. I am inspired by so many of you here who are having great success...I plan to join you!

Right now I don't really have any questions, because I've read so many threads here, they all pretty much got answered!

Todays plan: (B) coffee, chocolate RTD; (L) leftover baked chicken, broccoli and a vanilla RTD; (D) grilled turkey burger and spinach; (S) protein bar; water water water

So how does that look for a newbie?
Welcome Phoenix! These boards are great, and personally I learned much much more here than from my coach! The only admonition I have is to be sure your protein amounts are within guidelines. When I was on phase I, I only used 1 oz protein with lunch (one slice of ham in my salad) and the rest at dinner. My coach advised against splitting protein, but I know many have posted that their coaches say it's ok. Good luck with your journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
I have a wicked summer cold and am wondering what anyone has found that we can safely use as a throat lozenge. I'm about to float away from drinking so much hot tea...it feels great but I need something else to soothe my throat.
Thanks!
Hello Molly! Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to say hello! I haven't "talked" to you in a little while. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning, Up bright and early, I have a busy day today. First day at the clinic, starting at 10, don't know how long I will be there. While I am there my son will start moving out stuff into the new apartment so I won't be around much today but I will try to check in later
Wuv! I'm so happy for you! I wish you were going to be my coach! lol Good luck today!
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Today is my first week's official WI and I'm down 6lbs!!! Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Ticiabean; 06-26-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Ticiabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #10  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Hi! Can I join in on this thread?
As of last night (well started this morning) I am an official IP'er. I'm excited and scared at the same time. LOL

This morning I had the Crispy cereal. When I read on the package that you had to add water to it I was horrified. thinking to myself that I CANNOT eat cereal with water. I was glad when I opened the package to see a powdered "milk" in it. HAHA.

Hope everyone had a great OP day!!
aimeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #11  

Hi. I started Ip on May 15th. I have lost 24 pounds. I am going on vacation for 2 weeks and then I will be taking my son to college and will be gone for a week. Not sure what to do when I am away. I am thinking about doing atkins and then when I return going back on IP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
missmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #12  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmax View Post
Hi. I started Ip on May 15th. I have lost 24 pounds. I am going on vacation for 2 weeks and then I will be taking my son to college and will be gone for a week. Not sure what to do when I am away. I am thinking about doing atkins and then when I return going back on IP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hi missmax, can you see if you can get some food from your coach to last you?
aimeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!

Riss, yay for your hubby starting too! Great that he has good contact with his doctor around medication - I know that was a big hurdle for me when I started too, trying to figure everything out, but we managed. I was off insulin completely 10 days after starting. Good luck to him!!

wuv -happy first day! Hope it goes well!

Welcome to the newcomers and congrats on some great first weigh ins!

Molly, DH found some sugar free lozenges that he used when he had a really sore throat. They do exist! Just don't have too many. Check with a pharmacist, they should be able to recommend something you can use. Feel better soon!

Well, tonight is weigh in for me and I think this is going to be my first week of no loss. My scale has.not.moved in the past week and while I'm very sad about the whole thing I'm trying not to lose my mind. Easier said than done at times, but I know my reaction is the one thing I can control - not the weight loss. I know I stayed OP and didn't cheat, so hopefully it means next week will be better.

I know the scale could surprise me when I go tonight but I just don't expect it to happen. At this point I'm just crossing my fingers that I don't end up gaining. I'd really hoped to cross the 80lbs in four month mark tonight but doesn't seem like that's in the cards. Then again, I suppose there's nothing wrong with 80lbs in just over four months. I just have to keep telling myself that.

Hope everyone has a great day!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #14  
Started IP 05/30/12

S/C/G: 230/See Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! The day is starting out with a thunderstorm right now, and there is potential for some real severe weather later today. The conditions are perfect for it with some very hot and humid weather. It will be exactly 100 years this Saturday that we had the most devastating tornado hit our city ever. We get some real bad weather up here, but the tornados usually avoid the heavily populated areas. Anyway, much better mood today than yesterday so hopefully that translates into a positive day for me. Good luck to everyone out there!

Last edited by Robag; 06-26-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Robag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All!
Welcome Newbies! I want to tell you all hi and wish you the best day ever!
Hope your Tuesday is marvelous and that you recieve all the good news on the scales and in your lives in general! Love to all!!
Darralyn is offline   Reply With Quote