Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 09:09 AM   #1  

Angry New Person Here!

Hello Everyone!

Iam a 34 yr. old female who needs to lose lots of weight..and I think I have found the best support board ever!!...I have been a lurker for about 2 weeks ...and I must say I am soooo excited to be here!!..What a great group of people!

A little about me...(Am I suppose to do this in the beginning thread?)..not sure? I have been overweight since I was nine years old..Have been on every diet in the book..losing at one time about 70 lbs..and regaining it plus more. I am at the point in my life where I have said to myself Do you really want to be remembered as the aunt/cousin/sister who always had such "an unhealthly weight problem!" NO I don't!...I also have been trying to conceive for 11 months..with no luck...And I AM SOOO DEPRESSED/SCARED/WORRIED OVER THIS!!! I know if I get some weight off..it would probably happen..not to mention how much healthier my pregnancy would be.

So this MONDAY SEPTEMBER 1st 2003 (why do we always start on the first or monday? I WILL START THE MOST FIERCE BATTLE OF THE BULGE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!

I know with the help and encouragement of this board I can do it..Do it #1 for myself.....#2 For my future children..and #3 for my DH who is wonderful and deserves a healthy wife and a child!

Please send me all you infinite wisdom 100 lb members...I NEED YOU LIKE I HAVE NEVER NEEDED ANYONE!..I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS...My #1 problem is lack of motivation...I have the diet/nutirtion part down pat...I just need the courage to stay motivated....THANK-YOU sooo much for being here...I am sooo excited!... tootles...I am off to work!
Old 08-28-2003, 09:38 AM   #2  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey, Skinny! Good to have you here! You're right, this is a great group of people. And we're all over the board (no pun intended) -- just starting out, halfway through the journey, and maintaining our new lifestyle. I think this group is the ultimate in "been there, done that, have the advice to help you through it, too".

Post early, post often. It helps us get to know each other, plus it gets you in the habit of talking with your new "support group."

We're really glad you're here with us. /hug
Old 08-28-2003, 09:40 AM   #3  

WELCOME!! It's great to have you join us!! You've taken a great first step by coming here and getting started. Do you have a plan that you are going to follow for eating and exercise?

I know what you mean, my husband used to say to me, "You can't be on a diet today, it's not Monday!" He was so used to me starting a new diet every Monday and being off of it by Monday night. Until the one time that it was different! I know this will be that way for you too. You will succeed and we will help you.

Post often!
Old 08-28-2003, 09:40 AM   #4  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Skinny4baby!

Just wanted to say hi and welcome (from another NC resident). This is a great group of people ~ encouraging, caring, supportive.
It is such a comfort to be able to share experiences with others who understand.

Jump in and post ~ looking forward to getting to know you!

Take care ~ Gayle
Old 08-28-2003, 10:23 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

hey there, skinny!!! nice to see you. and you're very brave for picking a HOLIDAY as your D-day! hey.. whatever works!

this is one of the most courageous, wisest bunch of people i've ever seen, and i'm honored that they let me hang out!!!

synger's right: post early, post often, and i'd also add: be honest. there's NOTHING you can say that at least one of us hasn't also experienced
Old 08-28-2003, 10:28 AM   #6  

Hi,

Welcome! Please join us. The more you post, the more you'll feel right at home. Everyone here is very supportive.

Take care and join right in!
sherry
Old 08-28-2003, 11:09 AM   #7  
Healthy and Positive!

((((Skinny))))) Welcome! You can do it!
Old 08-28-2003, 11:13 AM   #8  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Howdy, Howdy and 100,000 welcomes to the board!

The people here are amazing. . .so open and honest. . .and you can find inspiration here just when you need it most. It's a regular font of wisdom ~ anything you need to know, you can just about always find it here.

Blessings to you on your journey!
Old 08-28-2003, 12:32 PM   #9  

Hi!
There are several people here losing weight who also are trying to conceive. . .So, you'll find lots of support here.

I'm a little de-motivated myself right now. Let's get revved up together!
Old 08-28-2003, 12:37 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Welcome!! I'm so glad that you have decided to come out of lurker status!!!

The 1st think is something I always do as well. Isn't that funny!

What is you plan of attack??

As you can tell by my tag line, I too am in baby mode!!
Old 08-28-2003, 01:22 PM   #11  
Crazy Canuck

Welcome Skinny!!

You'll find lots of motivation here from great people who truly understand what you've gone through, what you're going through and how to get where you want to be!

I'm starting to get a bit nervous about hanging around here too often - it could lead to pregnancy
Old 08-28-2003, 01:47 PM   #12  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

No kidding, I am afraid to drink the water in this place.

Welcome, skinny, jump right in!
Old 08-28-2003, 02:11 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

When I pregnant with jacob, 1 girl got pregnant 3 months later and another got pregnant 3 after that!! Talk about afraid to drink the water!!
Old 08-28-2003, 02:46 PM   #14  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Skinny4baby! Losing weight is the best thing we can do for our children or babies in the making!

When I was pg there were about 4 other women at my workplace also pg. We were all within a few months of each other. It was very weird but it is nice to know other mothers who have babies about the same age so you can compare notes.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:35 PM   #15  

Welcome! The only advice i have is to try to get past the mentality of a "diet" and into a new way of eating for life. Dont try to do something you cannot maintain for the rest of your life. That was my former downfal was i always tried things i could not do forever. Good luck on the long and windy road to better health.
Closed Thread