Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #1  

Talking Get Movin! Part 3

This thread was started in an attempt to get people moving without any pressure. This thread was started early this year and this is the third installment.

This installment we are kickin' the level up a bit with a group challenge. Please feel free to post as some members will not be participating in the challenge. Again, you do not have to participate and you will not feel left out if you post. We are here to provide support and encouragement for whatever format you choose to follow.

In "Get Movin 1", I created a "Resource" page for those challenged in acquiring dvd's or to bring awareness to the huge variety of exercise resources available on the web. Knowledge is power and this gives you the power to go forward if you truly want to.

Soooo......LET'S GET MOVIN'!!

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 06-24-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #2  
Just watch me ...

Here !

Today I did Paul Katami's Basic Ten - ten moves with weights. Then 20 minutes of yoga.

I'm one for one...I truly want!

Last edited by Exhale15; 06-24-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: add
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #3  

How did you like the dvd? Ten moves sounds efficient.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #4  
Just watch me ...

I like it - it's a very straight-forward session, good instruction. Definitely for the rotation.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #5  

This challenge is called "Challenge You"! We all still have struggles and this challenge is to push us as we tackle barriers and realize that we are stronger than we think.

This is a friendly competition based on a point system. The person with the most points at the end of the month will have bragging rights as the winner and should post it in their sig. To keep it a bit more interesting, the winner will also receive a nominal completion gift item from me. To be eligible you have to be a regular poster on our previous "Get Movin" thread.

The challenge will have a weekly bonus section. Completing the bonus will give you an edge and extra points.

The competition scale will look like this:

water=8 | fruit=2 | veggies=3 | good nutrition day=5 | exercise=1 | sleep=1 Total: 20
Bonus=5
Possible weekly points is 25

Point system and explanation

Water=8 This is 8 full 8oz cups of water a day.
If you consume 6 you will get 6 points. This does not include water consumed while exercising.

Fruit=2 This is a nominal amount of 2 servings of fruit a day.
Fruit has nutritional benefits, can satisfy a sweet tooth,
can serve as a low calorie snack and is just plain yummy.

Veggie=3 This is also a nominal amount as you should eat more within a day.

Good Nutrition Day=5 This includes a day of sticking to your scheduled meal
plan. Not eating anything fried. Eating mainly whole
foods. Getting in your water, fruit, veggie and lean
protein. It can include a dessert item if you had it
scheduled in your meal plan. Oh and no binging, but you do get one free meal a week that will not count against you. Choose wisely!

Exercise=1 You must have a "get movin" focus everyday.
Two rest days a week are allowable for month 1.
Next month there will be one rest day a week.

Sleep=1 Wonderful things happen during sleep which includes muscle repair
and hormone adjustment. Sleep is very important in keeping our
minds focused and sharp.

Bonus=5 There will be a bonus focus which will give you extra points.
If you are running neck to neck with someone, this can put you
over the top.

That's about it! Let's get this party started!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Challenge You.jpg (11.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 06-24-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #6  
Just watch me ...

Philly, this is Great!

when does it start?

Last edited by Exhale15; 06-24-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #7  

No time like the present....Tomorrow is day 1, but the challenge will run till the end of July for month 1.

I think we can put it off for a variety of reasons. The perfect timing will never come for everyone. Sooo...Monday, the 25th is day 1!

I am psyched!!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #8  
Just watch me ...

Me too, I'm psyched. Tomorrow it is
Old 06-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #9  
Warrior Princess

Hard to believe we're on to part 3...I'm happy to be well into this journey, getting started was the biggest hurdle.

I had quite the weekend! Awesome time yesterday especially but I am super tired from getting to bed so late last night.

Gonna muster up the strength for Jillian.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #10  
Warrior Princess

Red face

I couldn't muster up the strength for Jillian. I only had about 4 hours of solid sleep last night but I spent all day/night walking the city yesterday, and walked Friday too so I've gotten exercise. I will start Jillian back up tomorrow for sure. I need good sleep first.

Goodnight.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 130/117.4/100

Height: 4' 10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
Me too, I'm psyched. Tomorrow it is
Me three!! (to self) must focus, must focus

I'm tired tonight & was planning on going to bed early until I had a phone call from DD. She had taken grands to other grandmother in So. Dakota for a couple of weeks stay. She was coming home when her tire blew up on the interstate 3 hours into a six hour drive. Thankfully she is okay & is to call me when the sheriff arrives or she gets a new tire on. Being a mom, I'm worried..(of course) and can't go to bed until I hear from her.

Eskielover
Eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #12  
Just watch me ...

Good morning everybody.

Day 1 it is. Monday is Ilaria day (and that's exactly how I'm gonna look!).
Old 06-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #13  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Exhale Good luck with Ilaria! Love her!

Good luck with the challenge everyone! You guys are awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGirl2012 View Post
Heck no! I, for one, wouldn't dream of you not participating in the thread. We will still be posting our trials and accomplishments just as we've always have. I just plan to add challenge numbers to the bottom of my posts.

So dear Bunneh....no leaving the thread
Thank you.

I had a crazy hectic weekend. We went out to look at fridges and ended up buying a new mattress set! We've needed one for a while (old set was second hand and ready for retirement) but didn't want to spend the money. We stumbled on a close-out sale though, and couldn't resist. My back is thankful. We carried the new set right to the basement and plan to hide from the summer heat down there.

I didn't get any formal exercise but I did do a lot of cleaning. Deep cleaned the kitchen and rubbed it down with peppermint oil to deter the ants. I'm surprised at how well simple peppermint oil works to get rid of ants - its not as effective as poison, but I like not using any harsh chemicals.

My weight is up, but TOM started, so I'm not going to let it get me down. I'm planning for a Walk Away the Pounds workout today. These will probably be my default for a while since it seems to be all I have the strength for recently.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 130/117.4/100

Height: 4' 10.5"

Day 7, level 1 of Shred completed. Wish I could say it is getting easier, but I can't. But I can say that I've completed a week with only one day off. Want to quit, but still hanging in there.

My waist is getting smaller, but my muffin tops (yes plural) are still very much alive.

Are we posting our points every evening?

Eskielover
Eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #15  

OMG!! I added water to the challenge because it is one of my weaknesses. I started off this morning with drinking the water I put on my nightstand every evening. That was a full 16oz cup. With the water I've had at work so far I just had the pleasure of practically running to the potty. Workout is planned for when I get home after work.

Where's McMurphy?

exhale, Ilaria's body is awesome! I read that she does body weight and kickboxing only....she doesn't lift weights.

Eskie, I actually thought about that last night because sleep is included and so you can't count that in advance...soooo I think I will post daily and go back and edit and add the sleep in the next day. Otherwise I may lose track of the other stuff. The muffin top thing is what got me back to Body Revolution. I've seen pics on the facebook group I'm on and I'm like I want results like that.

Bunneh, that is too funny about the fridge turned mattress shopping. I've had my mattress for years and recently got a new one. It's a different quality than the first mattress and I don't see this one lasting as long.

Gabi, even warrior princesses need a break. Hey, did you son come back home?

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 06-25-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: add