Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Hair Removal.. (Warning: TMI)

So my boyfriend and I were discussing last night, and he told me he prefers things to be clean shaven "down there". I'll be honest; I'm not a fan of shaving down there for obvious reasons -- it itches like crap when it grows back and I'm prone to breakouts so it's always, for me, just better to keep things neatly trimmed to avoid all of that. However, he said he won't do certain things unless it's a certain way down there, so alas, I must conform, lol.

So, I've thought about waxing. I know it's way better, in the long run, than shaving, but the thing about it is it's so expensive! I really can't and don't need to try to afford something like that, but I honestly don't know what the best way to get rid of my hair is. Also, for me personally, it's not just "down there" hair I'm worried about... what do y'all do about, well... butt hair? I always get nervous when guys touch my butt because it's hairy, and while it seems like they don't care, I can't help but think they're totally grossed out by it.

So... what's the best, cheapest way to get rid of hair? I've thought about using a depilatory cream on my butt, but I honestly don't know what to do about the pubic hair. Your help is appreciated!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/240/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi,

While I appreciate the, uhmm, difficulties of your situation, I'm not so sure I would jump on the pubic hair waxing bandwagon yet. I'm sure there are plenty of women who have waxed down there, based on a warning from my gyno, I'm not going to personally try it. According to her, she has seen some of the worst infections from waxing. I think you need to read up on some warnings about waxing before you decide for yourself.

Personally, I shave. I just wouldn't trust someone else around my important bits like that (not to mention baring them for him/her to see!).

As far as you butt hair question, are you referring to actual hairy cheeks, a hairy butt crack! or to bits of hair around your anus? I wouldn't put depilatory cream on my anus! Talk about potential burning to sensitive skin!

As for what your b/f has said about not doing certain things if you aren't clean shaven, then give him tit-for-tat. Inform him certain things won't be done if HE isn't clean shaven, and see how he likes them apples.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; 06-18-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Bluegrass Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #3  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Ok personally....Waxing hurts like a ....... well you know what i mean...You are way better off shaving..and as for dipilatory creams..stay away from them....your pubic area is sensetive and those things can be really harsh chemical wise...Also..you think shaving is bad for making you itch..just wait till it grows back on your bottom...

What i do..is invest in a Schick Quatro razor..one side is a trimmer and the other size is just a reglar razor... Use the trimmer side to get most of the hair..and then use the razor side for a fine close shave..oh...and if i were you.. i would keep a landing strip straight down the middle..cause honestly..it hurts like a mother load if you shave it all off and it grows back in plus you dont want to cut yourself down there...As for the pimples or red spots after shaving..use something called Bikini zone..it will help reduce irritation and after two days you will be just fine. Just dont shave the day of having sex because the friction can cause problems.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

My suggestion is coochy cream when you shave. Yes it sounds X-rated, but the stuff is awesome. I use it as hair conditioner too!

http://www.amazon.com/Coochy-Shave-C...s=Coochy+Cream
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #5  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

We are hairy creatures, aren't we? ;-) I am German and Slovenian, and well, hairy.

I am also prone to bumps, so for years I have used men's hair clippers and just buzzcut the whole area. Lol then I shave the bikini area. As for the backside, I never even knew what was going on there until a year or so ago. No guy ever said anything, and I certainly don't straddle a mirror and look! Lol! It wasn't until I started doing laser hair removal, and have to shave before each visit. Of sure about anyone else, but I definitely have hair "back there".

I have always been very confident, so my immediate reaction to you bf's demand is to tell him to suck it...literally. But, I digress... If it something you like as well, I say shave with a very good razor after exfoliating.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

I avoided shaving for the longest time, because I'd get little lumps and bumps too. But once I started, my skin eventually got used to it and I stopped having those reactions. I don't even feel itchy anymore.

If you decide to use hair removal cream, I advise you to be careful. Your lower bits are sensitive. I had the misfortune of leaving Nair on for too long, and soon after developed a rash that was so bad I had little dots blood.

As for the butt hair (hehe) I used to have it too. It was kind of like fuzz that grew down my butt crack. I learned to ignore it, and as I lost weight it went away on its own (hormonal maybe?). Nobody had ever noticed.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Height: 5'6"

I think exfoliating the area with like a facial scrub first and then (as painful as it sounds) wiping down with hydrogen peroxide. The peroxide helps to kill the bacterial that live on your skin and can cause irritation on freshly shaved skin. I have to do this for my armpits or else I get terrible bumps and rashes.
Domlacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #8  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

When I talk about using a depilatory cream on my butt, I mean the butt cheeks/upper crack area, not around the hole, lol. I would never use a cream directly on my pubic area; talk about irritation! I actually use one of the Schick Quattro trimmers; it's quite convenient! I might try that Coochy cream that was mentioned too; I've always seen it in sex stores and I thought it sounded like a good product.

And I really don't mind shaving for him; I ask my men to not necessarily be completely clean shaven, but nicely "man-scaped". Makes things a lot easier when you don't have a jungle to get around, lmao.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #9  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Uh.. wait a second - He won't do stuff because you have a sexually mature body? I have to be honest and say that I find that creepy. Does he get rid of all of his hair?

I "tidy" up my lady parts, keep the hair short but if anyone asked me to remove all of the air I'd send them on their way.

When I was younger I used to use cream to remove all of the hair until I realised that I was literally removing all of my body hair and it made me feel like a little girl. Which is why I find it creepy that they would request it.

Social conditioning yadda yadda yadda

Anyway, that's my rant over

Just do what you feel comfortable with and don't feel pressured by a guy if you're not comfortable.

Last edited by LeilaJey; 06-18-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: adding picture
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #10  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I've shaved down there for years. If you shave every day, you shouldn't have an issue with itch. I shave in the shower, I use soap to lubricate the skin for the blade, and I use high quality razors. I use a men's razor because in my experience men's razors are of higher quality than women's razors and I never use a disposable as I haven't found a disposable yet that lasted as long and was as sharp as a razor with replaceable cartridges. I was using a Gillette Mach 3 but have recently switched to a Pace 6 which has an even closer shave and is way cheaper to buy cartridges for too.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #11  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I didn't know women grew butt hair!

DO NOT try to DYI wax at home using strips. I did that once and ripped all my skin off, ouch.

Should you decide to, use conditioner to shave with, I find it works better than shaving cream! Soap in my personal experience does not work. I shave every other day and spend no longer than 10 minutes in the shower total (then again I don't have leg hair).

I wouldn't want to go south on a hairy vag so I understand where he's coming from, but itching and breakouts are terrible - it's your body and your choice!!!!!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/240/130

Height: 5'4"

Glad you started this thread, OP. I've picked up a few tricks myself, and I've been shaving for 20years. I guess I haven't really worried about it too much; I've gotten kinda lazy in my last 8 years of marriage and don't shave all that often anymore (except for pits)!
Bluegrass Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

My best friend is an esthetician and she believes it is incredibly important when having waxing done in that area that you trust the person doing. She has a huge clientele for doing brazilians and it came about solely through word of mouth because she is darn good at her job. It can be expensive but if you have it done regularly eventually the time between waxes becomes less and less as the hair takes longer to regrow.

I really think waxing by a qualified professional is the way to go but to each their own I suppose.
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #14  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I'll be honest...I didn't take the time to read all the posts, but this is something I was JUST talking about.
My hubby likes me how he can get me...RAWR! However, he does prefer the clean shaved look. LOL
Ok, so in my attempt to provide him with this on a "regular" basis...I use a loofah to exfoliate first (I have tough skin I guess) then I use a softener type shave gel...and I use the Schick whatever fancy schmancy kind it is. I leave a very small bit down the center and it makes him happy. It will itch a little the next day, but if I lightly exfoliate then I'm usually ok.

I'm actually looking into getting laser hair removal because I'm prone to ingrown hairs and I scar easily with them. I've been through tattoo removal, so hopefully this will be a breeze.

Has anyone tried that thing you rub on your skin to remove hair???
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #15  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves View Post
When I talk about using a depilatory cream on my butt, I mean the butt cheeks/upper crack area, not around the hole, lol. I would never use a cream directly on my pubic area; talk about irritation! I actually use one of the Schick Quattro trimmers; it's quite convenient! I might try that Coochy cream that was mentioned too; I've always seen it in sex stores and I thought it sounded like a good product.

And I really don't mind shaving for him; I ask my men to not necessarily be completely clean shaven, but nicely "man-scaped". Makes things a lot easier when you don't have a jungle to get around, lmao.
This made me think of something I'd heard...people bleaching their booty hole...anyone have any info? I'm just weird and nosy.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote