Old 06-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179.6 on a quest to 140

Height: 5' 3''

Default Cheated…. no judgement needed

I am not writing this to be condemned or condoned - I am writing it because I am beating myself up and I want a few answers.
Two weeks ago I cheated (barely) on IP because I had no other choice - went out of town and didn't take enough packets. Simple, stupid mistake - jumped back on, went to my coach the next morning, and didn't gain. Since then though my cravings have been absurd - before I even get to the reason for my post take note that all it takes is one cheat to open the doors to yet another failed diet.

Anyway, I wish that was it and I was writing about a lesson learned.

This weekend I actually really cheated - friday night & saturday (today), no excuses. I feel physically disgusting and I am mentally beating myself up. What have I actually done? How far back have I been set? Are these cravings just going to get worst now? What should I do????

I have been on IP since May 18th and it has been hard for me but it has worked soooo well. I have dropped 23lbs & 28'' & regained my confidence & my closet … now this….

Please don't pass judgement, not why I am writing this….

The worst of all of this is that I am supposed to be starting a transition off on Friday (2 weeks of phase 2 and one of phase 3) for summer vacation - will this even work for me now

Last edited by JackBs Mom; 06-23-2012 at 07:16 PM.
JackBs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBs Mom View Post
I am not writing this to be condemned or condoned - I am writing it because I am beating myself up and I want a few answers.
Two weeks ago I cheated (barely) on IP because I had no other choice - went out of town and didn't take enough packets. Simple, stupid mistake - jumped back on, went to my coach the next morning, and didn't gain. Since then though my cravings have been absurd - before I even get to the reason for my post take note that all it takes is one cheat to open the doors to yet another failed diet.

Anyway, I wish that was it and I was writing about a lesson learned.

This weekend I actually really cheated - friday night & saturday (today), no excuses. I feel physically disgusting and I am mentally beating myself up. What have I actually done? How far back have I been set? Are these cravings just going to get worst now? What should I do????

I have been on IP since May 18th and it has been hard for me but it has worked soooo well. I have dropped 23lbs & 28'' & regained my confidence & my closet … now this….

Please don't pass judgement, not why I am writing this….

The worst of all of this is that I am supposed to be starting a transition off on Friday (2 weeks of phase 2 and one of phase 3) for summer vacation - will this even work for me now
I am very sorry you're feeling what you're feeling and where you are emotionally! I just want to offer a hug! Take care and if you cannot get back on this horse today; perhaps tomorrow will be the day! We are here for you and will hold your hand. Again I am sorry. God bless.
Darralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

I wish I had a good answer about why, but I am newer than you! But, just wated to say that there up in not a person here who has not been in your shoes.

I would say to not compare yourself with anyone else,
and,
That we are all learning how to do ip.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Get right back on track...I'm in maintenance and after my "fun" day sometimes it can be hard to get back on track...I do...but the temptations are always there...it will be an never ending battle...SO...just do it...get back on track...you've come so far and it's so worth the struggle!!! We're here for you!!! YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT!!! BIG HUGS!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #5  
start IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 235/195/175

Height: 5'8"

i had same problem, went camping and forgot my packets, i actually ate donuts and muffins but then felt so guilty and mad at myself I started making better choices. I went to coach today and am trying to get 100% back on program. Need to get myself reprogrammed back to IP, harder this time than when I started in May. We can do it and make it work. Need to totally put slipup out of mind and stop obsessing on cheat and start thinking in 100% mode.
cupcakecathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #6  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

These things happen! We are all human and make mistakes.
Remember this: You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.
They key to losing weight and maintaining it is to learn to get up when you fall. You can do this, just make a commitement to get back completely on program and you'll lose whatever you might have gained from the cheat and then the rest. Don't give up!
paulimapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 179.6 on a quest to 140

Height: 5' 3''

I don't know what I would do without you guys - thank you!

Does anyone know if this cheat weekend is going to impact my phase off for vacation, which starts on Friday with phase 2 for a week and is followed by phase 3 for two weeks?
JackBs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #8  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I don't know what I would do without you guys - thank you!

Does anyone know if this cheat weekend is going to impact my phase off for vacation, which starts on Friday with phase 2 for a week and is followed by phase 3 for two weeks?
it should not hurt you. When do you go back to your coach? you could start phase 2 tomorrow instead of friday. The only difference between phase 1 and 2 is you eat 8oz of protein at lunch instead of a packet...just a suggestion
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #9  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Just wanted to say that i understand how you are feeling. I have cheated many times and gone off this diet altogether several times and i have come back and re-started several times. In terms of your cravings..yes i think its harder mentally when you have cheated once but that doesnt mean it cant be done.. Ive learned that when you fall down, you have to get back up...Your not a failure because you fell..like everyone else said..just keep going!! You can do this!! If i can cheat and quit this diet like 7 or 8 times in one year and then come back on and re-start and succeed so can you!! Im proof that one cheat or one failed attempt at this diet isnt the end of your life..You can get back up, dust yourself off and continue on!!

In terms of advice for what to do.. i would listen to Wuv..she's got some good helpful information and insight..and speak with your coach when you can get time too..

Remember! You are human! Just keep going!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/214/150

Height: 5'6"

I used to be the type of person that would try to eat better. Then, on an off moment, I would have something not so good for me. For the rest of the day, I would think I could eat as bad as I wanted cause I've already messed up the whole day. But I needed to put it in perspective. I finally understand that one bite can get me off track. But a whole day of bad bites can get me off course. Just hang in there, and I'm glad you posted here instead of giving up. You can overcome this!
nomoreweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
Remember this: You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.
They key to losing weight and maintaining it is to learn to get up when you fall. You can do this, just make a commitement to get back completely on program and you'll lose whatever you might have gained from the cheat and then the rest. Don't give up!
Well said.

Just brush yourself off and keep working towards your goal!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi JackBsMom, I typically avoid responding to the I cheated threads. Not because there is a risk of being judgmental but because I just can't relate. I am determined and committed to losing this weight. It i s a commitment to myself and after so many years of letting myself down, (hence being where I was at before I started this journey) I am just not willing to do it again. I don't think you need to fear judgement there are so many wonderfully inspiring and supportive people on this forum.

You seem sincere in wanting to know why and how to avoid doing it again. I am thinking that the only person that can answer the why and work on avoiding a repeat is you. I am sorry to be the bearer of that news but everyone's motivations to stay OP versus choosing to cheat are different. Now that I told you the bitter part of the reality I think you need to forgive yourself and put it behind you. You have already acknowledged that it happened and now it is time to love yourself enough to let it go and move forward. Today's Ideal coaching video made me think of you. That is why I decided to post in case you didn't see the video: http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/1303

Bottom line you can't change what has already passed by...but you have a gift in each new moment before you in which you can choose to do things differently. You can do this!
Meadow Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #13  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

JackBsMom: I'm sorry you strayed, but like everyone else has said, just get up, brush yourself off, and get back on the bandwagon. I am sure the cravings are so much worse because you now have a mental game going in your head of "I cheated once, why not do it again?" Think of the cravings like smoking, when you quit, it sucks, when you stick with it longer, it sucks less. Deep down you still want one (cigarette or snack or whatever), but you just remember that it's not something you NEED right now. If you got to a weight that you like, maybe consider phasing off and settling for a while at it, then starting up again when you are ready; just don't binge in the meantime.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
Love, love, love that quote.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #15  

Height: 5'11

I really don't like the word "cheat", it only makes us feel like cheaters We're human, need a break, and need to eat what we want some days. The body perhaps craves foods it's missing and wants more food! Don,t get me wrong, eat what you want and get back on the wagon after 2 days, so you haven't caused a huge weight gain. Especially when i workout often, I notice no gain when I have one of those days. Sometimes you'll surprise your body and you end up losing weight. Not encouraging to eat like this every day, but once in a while it's ok.
Thkdiff is offline   Reply With Quote