Old 03-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #1  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile The Royal Sashay through 2012

Spring approacheth and with it, our opportunity for rebirth.

And here we go! This thread is dedicated to the idea that if we ensure our real needs are met, we won't be trying to make up for the failure to do so through food.

This year, let's get enough rest, groom ourselves like s, eat healthily, get fresh air and exercise -- and all those other things that contribute to our joie de vivre. Let's stop pushing our feelings way, way down (a la Marge Simpson) and dedicate ourselves to living life to the fullest. No matter what!

This year, let's treat ourselves royally! Come on in and share your plan for spending and ending this year in a healthy and happy place.

Huzzah!

Last edited by Arabella; 04-17-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #2  

Here's a link back to the last post in http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post4246782 thread. I posted yesterday.

Last edited by Arabella; 03-09-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #3  
deleted2

Arabella, I love the image of rebirthing ourselves this Spring. I'm ready to create new challenges for myself. One of the many lessons I've learned from this journey is that I always have to keep it fresh, always learn new things. My husband just bought himself a new exercise machine for strength training and I need to get over feeling intimidated and learn to use it!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:01 AM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, what a nice surprise to find a link to this nice, new spring palace 2012, as well as all the posties on the 2011 thread. Great idea doing the back and forth links, Arabella! Greetings to all on both threads. Have been on a hiatus of sorts from royal life due to increased work load as well as massive focus on weight loss, fitness and spiritual changes, plus glorious weather.

The theme of rebirth really describes the path I am on, although lately it doesn't seem I express myself very well in sharing my journey (strange for a writer but hard to explain where I am since I am all over the map but feeling very happy for the most part).

Last edited by Amarantha2; 11-29-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #5  

Smile

Big decision here, women -- I'm going to do the Whole30 program starting next week. It's essentially an elimination diet, removing everything that's known to cause inflamation in the body -- sugar, grains, dairy, alcohol, legumes (that last one is the hardest pill for me to swallow). The plan was originally created for health but they found that people who were overweight were having very striking weight loss on it.

Other health claims it makes: "Testimonials from Whole30 participants reflect the prevention, improvement or “cure” of: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, asthma, allergies, skin conditions, PCOS, infertility, migraines, depression, bipolar disorder, heartburn, GERD, joint pain, ADD, thyroid dysfunction, Lyme disease, fibromyalgia, leaky gut syndrome, Crohn’s, IBS, Celiac, diverticulitis, and ulcerative colitis."

I'll be doing the plan in conjunction with the usual 10,000 steps a day and hot yoga 5 or more times a week. So... this'll be interesting. Stay tuned.

I definitely feel a rebirth coming on...

Eydie, how sweet to see your pic there, like sitting across a table from you having a nice cuppa.

Amarantha -- stupid work! Why is there so much of it? Me too, all over the map but mostly happy. Feeling very optimistic.

Yo, all other lies! Hope all is well in your corner of the Palace -- let's meet in the drawing room, shall we?
Old 03-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #6  

Happy Spring!

V. unusually for us, we've actually got a spring-like day ahead, and another tomorrow. We're just as apt to have a snowstorm -- actually, there's a traditional one around this date -- so it's extra huzzah-worthy.

I did actually start the Paleo diet challenge yesterday and it's going to work out well, I think. I'm blogging about it anonymously but PM me if you want a link.

Hope all my beloved queenlies are feeling spring-y!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #7  

Hello there, Royal Personages (& welcome Julyaric). I have been remiss for many reasons (one of which is the new computer setup which changed a lot of things and I just got around to signing back in here).

Anyway, I'm floating too high on the scale again. Lots of other things going on too. Lost dear friend of 50 years (tough) and a classmate with whom I've been somewhat close (phone mostly) the last couple of years.

Realtor contacted (miscommunication ?) and I've been out looking. fear this will take a while. But also working on getting ready to put my place up for sale as soon as I find something I want.

Family situation (another one?) had me down a bit but realize nothing I can do about it except to continue reaching out (though I'm tempted to respond unroyally, I won't).

Weather has been super here too and that helps everythingh (except appetite

thanks for the link, Arabella and I'm ready to Sashay my little Royal heart out.

anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #8  

Default Good morning, good queenlies!

|We had three warm and sunny days in a row, just gorgeous. Lots of walking in short sleeves for me.

I've been following the Paleo plan (no grains or grainesque substances, no sweeteners of any kind, no dairy, no beans, no alcohol) since Monday and I would have to say the jury's out at this point. I'm down 2.4 and feeling mostly ok but... I'd been having a little spelt bread and rice crackers and etc. and would have expected my weight to be down at least 2 just from cutting those out. We shall see. If I don't feel the plan to be as beneficial as they say, I'll probably switch to something more like South Beach. I mean, beans? No matter what kind of plan I've been on I've usually considered hummus and carrot sticks my inalienable right.

Anagram, so sorry about your friends! We've had a couple of them go recently too, one at 38. I feel you on the family stuff, too. I had lunch with a friend yesterday who -- like me -- tends to get overly emotionally involved in that kind of thing. Sounds like you're doing the right thing, but it's just never comfortable, is it?

Huzzah, Amarantha! And a woot, too, for finagling a 3-day weekend. That begins to sound livable. Some day I dream of doing similar but right now we're sunk into preparing for semi-retirement, which means working hard. Bah.

Congrats on that nice streakity-streak of yours, too.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #9  
Improvise Adapt Overcome

S/C/G: 178/172/130

Height: 5'

Queen.....maybe not......but for sure a Princess here

Rebirth this spring has begun for me. Many many life changes for me this year.

The list in order of announcement or occurance:
1. My oldest daughter is getting married in October.
2. My son decided to live with his dad after school lets out this year.
3. My middle daughter graduates and goes off to college. (the child most like me)
4. Moving to New Jersey to start my new life with my boyfriend.

Yes.....lots of changes.....and all for the better really. I can't keep my kids from growing up. I can only hope I have taught them all they need to be happy in life. I know they are all excited for me, just as I am excited for them.
peachypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #10  

Thumbs up A week in

So, one successful week completed, with a loss of 3.6. Still up 2 from ticker but this week should see that gone. On the whole, it wasn't too hard. I'm still a little unsure of whether I'll stick with this or switch to a South Beach-y type thing, which is something I could live with forever. I don't see myself forever quitting eating yogurt, beans and legumes, steel-cut oats. I'm not sure there's a plan out there that suits me exactly but I know what works for me and what doesn't. This is working short-term but I don't see myself doing it for the rest of my life.

I know full-well that gluten, sugar and most dairy are poison to me and those are things that I intend to mostly avoid forever. I mostly do, in any case, with the exception of feta and a really small amount of cheese on my gluten-free pizza. The alcohol has been a little challenging. Friday evening, there was DH with a big glass of wine and a bowl of rice crackers and nuts. Very tempting. But no, I laced up my high-heeled sneakers and headed out for a brisk 20-minute walk to complete my 10,000 steps for the day. Saturday night we had dinner with SIL & her hub and another couple. I was pleasantly surprised to have a nice time without the social lubricant of alcohol.

They made a delicious dinner, too: baked salmon in proscuitto with pineapple-blackberry salsa. I took a big green salad with avocadoes and nuts. They actually made cocoa-date balls and mango sorbet for dessert. SO good! And Paleo. I just had to avoid the potato dish and bread and was perfectly OP.

I made it to hot yoga four times last week and averaged over 10,000 steps a day. This week, DH is out of town so I'm going to see if I can get to yoga every day.

I had a tough experience at yoga yesterday. It was the one "lite" class of the week but the instructor had us holding down dog for a long time at the first and holding all the more challenging poses longer than usual, doing more planks and holding them longer. I ended up not being able to hold them for the full time and ended up feeling frustrated and sad. Most of the rest of the class could do it. Anyway, it was far from "lite." I know I'll get there but it's hard to be challenged and fail. Plus, I guess, I was a little angry that she made what should have been a slightly easier class more difficult than even the usual. No fair! I think I'll drop the studio a non-irate note about it.

Welcome, Peachy and July!

Just slurping now and planning to get out for a walk, maybe out to have another one with my mom. Going to practice here and there through the day -- the choir is performing Schubert's Missa Solemnis on Good Friday.

Happy Monday, Queenies! Let's hit it!

Last edited by Arabella; 03-26-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #11  
Improvise Adapt Overcome

S/C/G: 178/172/130

Height: 5'

This weekend I picked up a used Wii with Wii Fit Plus. I have been wanting one since forever. I got it all hooked up Saturday night and did my first routine Sunday. Dang did that make me sore. I used some muscles I have not been using....which is a good thing. I also walked on the mill for 30 minutes.

I had been a bad girl Friday....so with the extra salt in the foods (out to eat twice) and extra calories, my official weigh in was not a loss. I am not upset about it really. I don't figure on not eating something I want. I just know that one bad day or even a couple of days does not make the journey over. I honestly think it helps that journey progress. I don't feel deprived and know I can enjoy life when life happens.
Today is an off work day for me! I will do the Wii and walk. And clean house. If I am off on Mondays I try to clean up from the weekends.....dang teenagers LOL. But the Cup 'o Joe comes first!
peachypeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #12  
deleted2

Where is everyone?

Question For Arabella: I'm vegan and am having a friend over who's following the Paleo Diet. She tells me not to worry about it, but I'd love to make something she can have that won't make her feel she's gone off her program. There's got to be common ground between these 2 ways of eating! I'm thinking something with tempeh and lots of roasted vegetables, and maybe a raw cake made with nuts and dates and a coconut oil fudge icing? What do you think? Am i on the right track?
Old 04-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #13  

Hello, Royal Sashayers. Hope all have been doing better than I have. Still on my Easter pigout despite all promises of reform.

Been tres busy - away last four weekends and going again tomorrow. Looking for new home, major projects on this one. Lots of relatives in from as far away as Alaska, Arkansas, California, N. Carolina. Much more solcial life all around than usual. Not complaining, mind you but it does make watching weight a difficult process.

Health, health, health - I must continually remind me and get back on that l'il old wagon.'

Huzzahs to all you holding on tighter than I.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #14  

Smile

Hello Lovelies!

Paleo crashed and burned. I decided to do more of a South Beach thing and then that devolved over the past week. I had a cold, was busy, disgruntled... why must food be so dependable? And yet, made me less and less happy as the week went on. That's the story with substance abuse, as if I didn't know.

Anyway, was in Halifax last week and so glad to be home again now. The weather's quite spring-like and supposed to continue that way for at least a few days. We did our Schubert performance on Good Friday (choir director called it "superb") and this coming Monday the other choir begins rehearsal for Faure's Requiem in August.

I've got my sheets on the line now and will enjoy that heavenly scent this evening -- also this afternoon, for the sacred Saturday nap. DH is off to physio. I'm just going to run out and pick up groceries, visit my mom. Go for a walk around the harbour in the sunshine. And if I have any extra time I'll do some putter-cleaning.

Tomorrow is the final symphony performance of the year and should be interesting. This is the third premier performance from the composer in residence. First one was exquisite, second was excruciating, evoking horror, really -- wanted to call my review "Uneasy Listening." I'll report back! I'm combining the concert into a play date with my bestie -- lunch followed by preconcert talk and then the performance.

Eydie, I'm probably too late but your plan sounds good. There are also some good-looking vegan Paleo recipes here.

Anagram, I too have been wandering from the path but am feeling better today and more ready to start that sashay! Shall we?

Peachy, how's the Wii fit? I'd love to get the Kinect system.

Okey-doke. Sashaying off to shop... Have a fabulous weekend!

Old 04-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #15  
deleted2

Arabella, I ended up making butternut-squash macaroni and "cheese" [made w/ brown rice pasta], lots of mixed roasted vegetables and to make sure there was plenty of protein I did a vegan mixed grill w/ tempeh bacon, chopped soy bratwurst, Italian tofu slices and that part was kind of fun. I know, none of it exactly paleo except for the dessert--which was a raw chocolate cake made with nuts and dates, a coconut oil fudge icing, and berries. It was a very pretty meal--lots of nice colors.