Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 02:14 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/23 - Sun 6/24

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 06-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #2  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Hey what are you still doing up lol?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #3  

I'm up too. :-(
Old 06-23-2012, 02:41 AM   #4  

My guy is on the road tonight so I never sleep when he drives at night, I always worry about him and call and check on him like every hour.....lol
Old 06-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #5  

Well heck...wish we all lived closer, we could get together and have some...water lol
Old 06-23-2012, 02:50 AM   #6  

Aww that's so sweet Wuv! I was asleep but my little boy had a nightmare so I got up with him. A pee and a drink of water. And check on my IPeeps! Sounds like a fun weekend coming up for us. We're off to the lake tomorrow. The boys will have such a blast! And is it the car show this weekend for you?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:53 AM   #7  

yes there is a car show here called Scrapin the coast. Its a bunch of low riders, cars with airbags and stuff like that. We are just going to sit on the beach and watch them go by, to get in its like $15 a person! I ain't payin for that!

Longhorn we would be drinking LOTS of water.....lol
Old 06-23-2012, 02:57 AM   #8  

Ughhh, so miss drinkin with my buddies...was out tonight with some of my regular party peeps...drank water all night while they all tried to convince me that shots are low calorie lol

What lake you hitting Mom? I was at Rattlesnake yesterday and might hit Lac Pelltier on the weekend.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:24 AM   #9  

I wouldn't pay either wuv, plus sitting on the beach watching soounds wayyyy better anyways!! We're just heading out to a tiny little lake, mot even on the map...of many people, lots of ace Rey, spring fed lake so it's crystal clear, and sit on the dock - which is built over the water! The kids love jumping off, fishing for minnows, etc. I have my packets packed and water! LOL! Will be doing lots of peeing in the bush until we get the water hooked up at the cabin for the season, but that's part of the adventure right?
Old 06-23-2012, 03:30 AM   #10  

Sounds great! Car show on a beach...or lake...hmmm both sound like a great time!

Well you ladies both have a great weekend, im gonna watch the rest of this movie then might even attempt some sleep. My puppy has decided that she wants to sleep laying across my legs so this should be interesting. She has been a food sharer since i got her now on this diet, she has started eating cucumbers with me every night lol. Very supportive haha
Old 06-23-2012, 03:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/208/147

Unhappy Kinda Down after 2nd weigh-in

Hi I just had my 2nd weigh-in and I feel cheated because I am only down 7 pounds. I know that is a good amount of weight to lose in 2 weeks. But I read other posts and I feel as if I am doing something wrong. I don't really like my coach so I decided to come here for support. Because all I want to do is binge and give up. Any experienced IP's got advice or encouragement?
Old 06-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #12  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Mom Pattie - Dont forget to pack toilet paper!! (thanks for the chuckle this morn)

Kinifer - 7 pound loss in week 2 and you feel cheated? really? When have you ever lost 7 pounds in a week before? celebrate that loss, it is awesome.

Good Morning everybody!

3 weeks from today is our big shin dig so today we will be working on the landscaping to spruce the place up. It will be quite laborious but at least the temperature has dropped so that will help.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #13  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning! Going to Hershey Park today with a friend plus three little kids, yay! Can't wait for the water slides - that's something I haven't done in years bc of not wanting to wear a swimsuit... Silly me.

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #14  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Good Morning! Going to Hershey Park today with a friend plus three little kids, yay! Can't wait for the water slides - that's something I haven't done in years bc of not wanting to wear a swimsuit... Silly me.

Have a great weekend!
Whoa! Hershey Park? Hope the slides are not made out of chocolate! Lol.Have a great day. Glad the cat babies are adjusting to their forever home.

Had a great NSV yesterday - did 1 hour of pool aerobics and then played 9 holes of golf. I guess I have more energy than I thought. I guess we are like batteries : we don't know how much energy they have until we use them up.

Last edited by willsmashfat; 06-23-2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Wanted to add more
Old 06-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #15  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Well heck...wish we all lived closer, we could get together and have some...water lol
You know, for a few weeks, I've been envisioning this huge 3FC IP Forum Homeocming. Somewhere central where we all come to and meet, hug each other , talk, and share our journeys. Only problem, we'd have to find a building with lots of bathrooms. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
yes there is a car show here called Scrapin the coast. Its a bunch of low riders, cars with airbags and stuff like that. We are just going to sit on the beach and watch them go by, to get in its like $15 a person! I ain't payin for that!

Longhorn we would be drinking LOTS of water.....lol
Wuv, I envy you getting to see a car show. First weekend in a while DH and my schedules coincide and not a car show in sight. What's even more discouraging; none of our 11 classics are road worthy right now. DH retires in a month, so here's hoping he can get lots back on the road.

BTW, I thought I've read every daily post for the last few months, but I don't remember hearing much about your new guy. I know he's a long haul trucker and gone a lot. I don't remember you telling us about you first meeting a few weeks ago. At least, what I'm hearing now sounds really positive. Just wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post

Have a great weekend!
Read about your kitty perils last night, but had no time to post to tell you I'm so happy. Told DH about it and he just can't understand how people can be like that.

I'm sure now you will have the best weekend.

Now for me, WI this morning and had a loss, 2.6#. Thought it would be more after the big ZERO last week, but I am a tad bit short on my water in the last couple days and really L O N G on stress (Thursday was one of the worst at work). Even with the lower loss, I'm into the 220's and have lost now 62 total pounds. My scale calcs what it sees as my ultimate weight and it is now registering in the lower 160s I may have to adjust my goal. It's just been soooooooo long since I've even been under 200, that 185 seems unattainable, but we'll see in a few months.

Finally, have to tell you this funny NSV. DH has not really said anything to me about my weight loss until last night. Hope you get a laugh from this.

Our conflicting schedules don't give up much time together and so we don't get into our hot tub at the same time much, but have more in the last couple weeks. Last night he'd had a bit to drink and when we were in the hot tub, he stammered and said, "I don't know how to say this, but you don't float as much now, I don't have to hold you down like I did." Back 62 pounds ago, I could get in and would just "pop" to the surface. He would get in and have to put his legs across mine to keep me down. Now, it takes a bit more before I float towards the surface. As silly as this sounds, it made me feel good. I think he has trouble saying anything about my weight or weight loss since he's never had a weight problem (other than not being able to keep it on.) He doesn't know what to say (or not to say).

Everyone have a great OP weekend. Sunny and hot here in the South.
Molly
Closed Thread