South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Friday, June 22

Good morning and let's have coffee on the deck this morning. It's not supposed to be as hot and humid today but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. "They" lie!

Suddenly it's Friday and all the niggles I should have done during the week must get done today. After gym this morning, I'm off to drive around the township dropping off tags for the schoolwork to be entered in the Fair. Next week I go back and pick up the stuff which is never ready. That means another trip or six the following week.

Got a panic call from a neighbour late yesterday. Her daughter was having a meltdown because her prom dress was "ruined" and the event is tonight. Turns out that the "eye" part of a hook and eye was missing! Took me about 20 minutes to make a thread loop but I was amazed at her mother who could not handle a simple sewing fix. I guess I was lucky to have a convent-trained grandma who taught me to sew when I was about five.

Definitely MUST go to town today as I am now completely out of Keurig pods! Book club is tonight - it will be at the Lake at Toni's gorgeous home so should be cool - in all ways!

A really big TGIF today!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We have one more hot day here before it cools off. I'm running through today. Apparently I'm about to be hired to be a para for the summer school bus run here. It's just 15 hours/week but patches nicely with my other PT job. I'm becoming a real Vermonter, several part-time jobs instead of one full-time. Certainly not my goal but it works for now! This morning they want me to ride the bus to make sure I really want the job.
After that I'm off to Julie's office to finally pick-up her stuff. that has taken longer and been a bit more frustrating than it had any reason to be so it goes. I expect it to be a little challenging but hopefully not too hard. Once that's done I need to drop the stuff off then I'm heading to NY again. My brother and family will be up for the weekend from VA and I haven't seen them in a year. Can't wait to see my nieces!

Happy summer Friday friends!

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-22-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just had a nice long post and somehow managed to loose it, darned it!
Suffice to say that we're finally supposed to get relief from this sweltering weather tomorrow.

I'm off to work, but it's only supposed to be 1/2 day. Then I have to get home to do something about my Swiss chard. The leaves are huge enough to diaper a baby with!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Oh, Friday, right. I thought it was Saturday!

Today starts the big sidewalk sale where my store is and we expect to be super busy. We'll be putting tons of stuff outside and someone will need to be out there at all times so I'm trying to figure out my coolest work outfits! Fortunately for me, the hottest day is supposed to be Sunday and I'm off then.

First, strength training at the gym. Then a 2-7:30 shift.

Have a great day, all.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Friday,

Most of my family is leaving today for Texas, DH made it home like at 3 a.m .this morning needles to say he will be tired so he will be sleeping for a while in the back seat with DD2.

Tomorrow DS and myself will be walking the Race for the Cure- St. Louis has one of the biggest so that should be fun.

Since DS works tonight I have the night to myself so I am going to go shopping for new running shoes and get an outfit to go white water rafting in- (Colorado first day of conference we are going to that!!)

Have a great day and weekend if I don't check in- I am flying out on Sunday.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

Good Morning

I didn't get here yesterday. Kirk had a medical emergency and after weighing all the options we decided it was better to make the 300 mile RT to his surgeons office rather than go to an ER 30 miles from here. It was a good call. I was felt really ill driving over the passes. His guts were wrenched and he was in unbelievable pain....we were thinking blood clot or broken foot. Ends up he has gout, which we were told is common after knee surgery.
Could someone have thought to tell us that before?? He was eating all the wrong foods!!! I'm certain it could have been avoided by proper diet. Duh!
Anyway, it's working in my favor because he is dumping all the chips, cookies, etc! They gave him a medication and he's 100% better already. He was really happy to find out that coffee actually helps!

Cyndi, what is a para? (The answer might be obvious)

Ruth, yay for simple solutions to a teen crisis!

Karen, your sale sounds fun!

Linda, enjoy your 1/2 day off!

weezle, monster kudos for not eating at the movies!

Pearlrose, enjoy your Colorado time! We'll meet up next time when life is simpler!

OK, off to get stuff done that didn't happen yesterday!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-22-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #7  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning chicks! It's been a busy last week of school around here but the kids are finally done! Food has been pretty on plan lately but we have two parties this weekend. Will just have to make the best choices available and stay on plan the rest of the time.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Hello chicks- super crazy day here today, first day off summer vacation. So it is a total change in routine and that makes for a crazy day.
And it is hot and humid to add to it.
So today is another quick post for me. Hopefully by monday we will be on summer routine and things will run a little smoother.
Hope you all have a great day.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Just popping in to say hi. I'm exhausted still. Come onnnnnn rejuvination! Hope everyone is having a fabulous day! I'm so ready for the day to be over

Lisa
Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Hi everyone. I really don't like summer, but I'll deal.

This is my 2nd week and day 4 on plan. I've done really well with my eating. In the past, this is where I usually give up. I'm one of those "wave a magic wand and instantly skinny" type of people. I did see a loss last week, but I am a slave to the scale. I have had to put it up until weigh-in day. I always get discouraged with daily fluctuations.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Just call me tardy today, getting home at 3 am will do that to you. Had a really good time at the fundraiser, too good actually. Apparently, grown up Jenn decided to stay home and college party girl showed up!! I had fun, ate crap, drank too much sangria and today am paying for it big time. Made me realize the HUGE indulgences were not worth it, but I will learn from it. Today I am cleaning for my friend and his kids sleep over tomorrow, shopping and getting my car serviced. Did I mention going to bed hopefully early. So smart I took today off.

Debbie so glad to hear DH is feeling better, what a scare!

Hope everyone is staying cool
Old 06-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Debbie a para is an education paraprofessional, different schools use different language. In NY it's teachers, aides and assistants but in Vermont there are just teachers and paras. My job is just to ride the bus with this young girl, help her on and off, and keep her company. classroom paras do a lot more.
Closed Thread