Old 06-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/209/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Where's my 50+ newbies? Week 1

Hi, I'm ShoBan, on wk 1. I'm liking the IP plan so far, I would like to have some feedback from other newbies (50+) on how you are doing? I'm also pre-diabetic. thanks to anyone who replies! and TGIF
ShoBan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm on week one also. I haven't picked out a plan....except I have cut out sugar and all sodas (diet and otherwise), and all "empty calories". I eat breakfast....didn't do that before....a little yogurt, grapenuts, half a banana and a few walnuts...and I am drinking a lot of water. I am eating small portions and cooking everything from scratch...so more vegetables, and lots of salad and not eating after 6 pm. I have been on every diet in the world, I think, and I am trying to just eat healthy. I know what to do....it is just doing it. I feel motivated, so far. I need to lose 45 lb. I would say more...but since I am 65, I don't think I want to go much below 145...but will see....once I get there.

Good luck to you....maybe we can motivate each other along the way.
byugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Congratulations for starting your new food plan! I hope to join you soon, am doing more research on IP...it is costly and am concerned I will be hungry
cscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/197.6/128

Hi Y'all!

I'm on week 2. I'm doing basically semi-low to low carbs (lots of veggies and a little fruit) and high protein. The protein helps my appetite and craving much better than anything else. I'm trying the carb cycling. Two low carb days, followed by one or more semi-low, with an occasional high carb thrown in to stoke the metabolism. Doing a similar thing with exercise. Lift weights at least every other day with PACE (similar) to HIITs on other days. At least one rest day per week.

Looking forward to getting to know you and follow your progress. Together we will meet our goals.
melodyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7

welcome.I'm working more on NOT compulsive/binge eating.I'm making better food choices and trying to exercise daily some.I want to binge so bad but turning to healthier foods.i keep salad around so I binge on it instead of SWEETS/carbs/or junk foods
mrslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #6  

Default Starting wk. 2!

I started out on this IP plan and must of had a flu bug, I was sick, the first day. My coach told me to drink mint tea(helped), and second day was better. WI was today, I dropped 12 lbs. I'm surprised, but I know this is working, every week can't be this good, it's a great start! I've found I'm not a big fan of the soups, and does anyone have ideas, for the puddings. I love the chocolate drink, an cappuccino(I use it in my coffee). Good luck to everyone, I made it through wk. 1!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #7  

Wow! That is super!! Congrats to you!!! Keep up the good work!!

I got an exercise bike yesterday....rode it last night and twice so far today and will be on it again before bed time.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by byugal View Post
Wow! That is super!! Congrats to you!!! Keep up the good work!!

I got an exercise bike yesterday....rode it last night and twice so far today and will be on it again before bed time.
Thanks for the acknowledgment , this is so great we can encourage each other. I have a ex. bike, guess I should dust if off! Keep in touch!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #9  

Default thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslosingit View Post
welcome.I'm working more on NOT compulsive/binge eating.I'm making better food choices and trying to exercise daily some.I want to binge so bad but turning to healthier foods.i keep salad around so I binge on it instead of SWEETS/carbs/or junk foods
I could binge on nutter butter cookies, at the drop of a hat. The receipes on this 3FC is really helpful. The salad dressing was really alot better than WF. Stay strong, we can do this together!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyjoy View Post
Hi Y'all!

I'm on week 2. I'm doing basically semi-low to low carbs (lots of veggies and a little fruit) and high protein. The protein helps my appetite and craving much better than anything else. I'm trying the carb cycling. Two low carb days, followed by one or more semi-low, with an occasional high carb thrown in to stoke the metabolism. Doing a similar thing with exercise. Lift weights at least every other day with PACE (similar) to HIITs on other days. At least one rest day per week.

Looking forward to getting to know you and follow your progress. Together we will meet our goals.
Hi Melodyjoy! Your plan sounds good, on my plan, fruits aren't allowed(for now), with summer, and all the lucious fruits I crave. Gonna be tough.. I'm only lifting light weights, for now. We're on the right path! Stay strong!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
Congratulations for starting your new food plan! I hope to join you soon, am doing more research on IP...it is costly and am concerned I will be hungry
Hi cscape! (love the beach!), I did research for 1 mo. prior to starting IP. Yes, it's costly, I'm trying to lose enough to get off the expensive medications, I'm on now. To me, that's a good trade off. About being hungry, you can have up to 5 packets a day, the 1st wk. only, to help with any hunger issues. Most of the drinks, are good, I'm glad I made the 1st step. Good luck to you, an Keep in touch!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #12  

I need to get some weights. I had some, but never used them, so I gave them to my daughter. I've been riding my exercise bike 3 times a day. I am down five pounds. I expect it to go slower next week, but I'm happy for any drop in the scale.

Keep fighting the good fight!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #13  

Default 5 lbs. is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byugal View Post
I need to get some weights. I had some, but never used them, so I gave them to my daughter. I've been riding my exercise bike 3 times a day. I am down five pounds. I expect it to go slower next week, but I'm happy for any drop in the scale.

Keep fighting the good fight!
3x a day! That's good, I know I'm going slower next wk. too, but the 1st wk. was a good jump-start. And, my energy is coming back. That feels awesome. I bet you could find some weights at a thrift store, for cheap. just a thought. Well, have a good evening, glad we're encouraging each other!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #14  

I could ride it more but the seat is so uncomfortable. I am sure it is because my butt is so big. I need to get a cushion or see about finding a wider seat!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #15  

Default new again

I am starting again to lose 90 lbs. I lost 20 last summer and gained it back. I have a lot of stress in my life,esp. husband, so that really affects me. i am doing high protein low carb plus exercise-which is something I didn't do before. i have health issues, so I need success. I am 54 with a 14 year old son. Any sugggestions of protein products or tips to boost energy would be very appreciated!
cinthia is offline   Reply With Quote