View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #9
guacamole

S/C/G: 212/148/130

Height: 5'5

First of all ((hugs)) and congratulations on all of the weight you have lost.

Secondly, who says that not having to think about food, exercise, and weight is normal? I would say that to maintain a healthy weight it is normal for most everybody to think about these things on a daily basis. It's like saying it is normal to expect good dental health and no cavities without having to brush and floss your teeth every day. Is it unfair that we have to remember to brush and floss at least twice each day in order to have healthy teeth? Maybe it is. However, we have developed the habit of doing this (and not every country has adopted this standard of care) in order to maintain our oral health and it is just a part of our every day lives. It's the same with weight control.

In our current society it is hard NOT to gain weight. High fat and high calorie food is cheap and readily available. We always have to be mindful of our food intake. I think those people who don't have to watch what they eat to stay skinny are not the norm - they sure are lucky - but they aren't examples of what is normal to maintain a healthy weight.

-I AM MY OWN CHEERLEADER!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote