Old 06-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Default Trying To Get Out Of The 170's?

I'm at 179 and I am trying to get out of the 170's by July 1st. If not, then as soon as possible. Is there anyone struggling to or having success getting out of the 170's?

Let's do this together. I need your help!
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I am struggeling to get out of the 150's. If I can be at 154 by July 1st I will be very happy but that is 3 lbs and while it does not sound like much, I lose VERY slowly. Still trying.
You can do it!!!!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #3  

I'm at 178 lbs.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #4  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm stuck in the 160s. My body didn't want to leave the 170s but finally did only to revisit several times. Frustrating.

What are you doing to lose it?
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #5  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

I'll join you. Was maintaining mid-160s for a long time and was happy enough there, but too many social engagements/special events and the cheat meals that go with them, and I've been stuck in the mid to upper 170s for way too long. And that ten pounds seems mostly to be sitting on my belly...lovely! (not!)

I used a lazy version of calorie counting to lose weight initially, just occasionally working up a day's worth of calories and macros, then pretty much eating the same way every day, and keeping cheat foods in the "very rare" (maybe every other month or so) category. I'll try that first, since it's easy for me to stick with, and easy to adjust if the scale/fat aren't moving the right direction. I work out plenty, so it's really all about dialing in the food. I'm ready to ditch the 170s, for sure. I don't have a set goal weight, really, just want to see what I can do about the belly fat, and I know 10 or 20 lbs would make running and pull-ups a whole lot easier!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm trying to get into the 170's! 3-4 more pounds to go!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #7  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

177.4 this morning. Today's eating was not great, as I had no time to cook last night or this morning, and was out of anything that didn't need cooking first. Got food in the oven now, though.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 78kg/64kg/55kg

Height: 5'1

im 172 lb and trying to lose weight my target is 130 or 135 or 140 i can not stop myself from eating sweets. i dont know what to do i am so upset becoz of my weight :'(
toocheesygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #9  

Try not to get upset. It will be ok. We can do this. We just have to focus and get back on track. I have found that eating a peppermint kinda curbs my desire for sweets. It may not work for you but it kinda works for me. Someone baked me a pound cake this weekend. Now I understand why they call it POUND cake !!!!

Believe me, I know how you feel. Sweets are my weakness. Sweets have gotten me in trouble over the last week or 2. I have graduated from 178 lbs to 181lbs. I can't even post on the thread that I started as far as getting out of the 170's. I need to get out of the 180's. :'(

Let's support and motivate each other. Don't let it get you down. We can do this.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/176/130

Height: 5"

176 here. Goal to be in the 160s by my birthday in August
JenJen224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:16 AM   #11  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Jen, welcome to 3FC!

GreenEyes, I hope you will keep posting. I was liking this thread! Let's do this thing, then we can start a "get out of the 160s" support group, lol.

I forgot to weigh in this morning (usually I weigh daily, so I can track the average weekly, see what the trend is, because for me the scale is up and down almost daily...averaging is the only way I know if my plan is working these days!) Yesterday I was still at 177.4. Food was on plan today. No workout today but I did do quite a bit of yard work, then fooled around with my son and his friend, practicing handstands (fail! lol, I was never a gymnast, and it shows!)

Must sleep. Gym in the morning, then pulling weeds for work the rest of the day. Have my food all cooked for the next few days, so I can keep the eats clean. I just portion out the day's food in plastic containers, so there's no chance of overeating and no decisions to make when I'm hungry!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #12  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

176.2 this morning. Off to work soon. How's everybody doing today?
Old 06-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #13  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
I'm trying to get into the 170's! 3-4 more pounds to go!
LoL, same here! Hopefully in less than 2 weeks, I'll be posting in this thread. Good luck to you and everyone else.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #14  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAgreeneyes View Post
Try not to get upset. It will be ok. We can do this. We just have to focus and get back on track. I have found that eating a peppermint kinda curbs my desire for sweets. It may not work for you but it kinda works for me. Someone baked me a pound cake this weekend. Now I understand why they call it POUND cake !!!!

Believe me, I know how you feel. Sweets are my weakness. Sweets have gotten me in trouble over the last week or 2. I have graduated from 178 lbs to 181lbs. I can't even post on the thread that I started as far as getting out of the 170's. I need to get out of the 180's. :'(

Let's support and motivate each other. Don't let it get you down. We can do this.
You can do it!!!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #15  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Morning, ladies. 176.8 this morning. Up a little, but not surprised. Got in late from work and stayed up late finishing chores at home, so ate an extra snack about 9:30 to keep things going...nothing bad, but I never have any wiggle room when I'm trying to drop weight. (glare)

Working today, but wanted to check in. The challenge for me when work is busy like it is now, is keeping good food cooked up so I can stay on my plan. Like this morning, I have nothing ready for lunches, and not enough time to cook what's in my freezer. Think I will swing by Costco on my way to work and pick up a deli chicken...best I can do today, I think. Will be off Monday, so will try to do a big cooking fest and put some stuff in the freezer for the second half of the week next week, maybe that will help. Food has been OP the past few days, but no workout since Monday. Had hoped to squeeze one in last night at the gym, but it was busy and a bit like herding cats with the group workout and kids' classes going on at the same time.

Re the sweets, some good alternatives for "sweets" to try: baked apples, just toss them in when you are cooking meat or whatever in the oven, cooking really sweetens them up, and you can add cinnamon if that appeals. Ditto on baking peaches. Freeze bananas and eat them right out of the freezer...the best ones for that are a little overripe, so whenever I get some bananas that are turning, I just peel them, put them all in a ziploc freezer bag, then they don't freeze hard as a rock, they are easy to chew or make a good additive for a smoothie or protein shake, too, in place of ice. Frozen strawberries, which you can buy by the bag already frozen, make good "ice cubes" in a juice drink or iced tea...they soak up the goodness and they will thaw enough to eat once you finish your drink. If you eat dairy, then yogurt also makes a sweet dessert, and you could add blueberries or other fruit you like to that. As someone else said, tictacs/mints or hard candies can be good in a pinch...a little hard candy, as long as you're not eating them nonstop, is better than blowing your whole plan! Another option is just to work the calories for a dessert into your daily eating plan. For some, knowing they'll have dessert with dinner every night keeps them on plan the rest of the time. Hope some of that helps!