South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 05:20 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default Beach Chat Tuesday June 19

Good morning! I'm on the deck in a new lilac-colored Adirondack chair, it is so pretty. Birds, flowers, etc Even a little hummingbird just visited, and last week a gorgeous little fox ran by. Cool and breezy now but I think some heat is coming our way.

I found a new second hand store in town yesterday, got a couple pair of summer-type pants. American Eagle cream colored jeans, and some other brand of capris, $3 each. Yeah! the AE were a size 10, the others an 8. I'd like all my pants to be an 8 but I'm pretty okay. If only my upper arms would shrink

Have a great day On the Beach!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Holly, and Beach Babes to come.

Lovely gentle rain this morning which means one of my tasks for the day is already done. Thank you, Mother Nature! We are heading into some very hot weather but, for now, it's glorious to be sitting on the porch sipping coffee and enjoying the coolness.

This morning is Good Food Box but Claire and Art are doing the pick-up and packing so all I need to do is pop in and pick up my order. I'm sure I'll find something else to fill in my day though! We have a new summer student starting at the Mill so I'll have to do my explaining payroll deductions schtick but that's about it for "musts".

Today might be the day I get to see the glass top on my desk!

Wishing you similar little pleasures!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Holly, thanks for getting us started this morning! I'm visualizing your beautiful lilac chair and all your beautiful surroundings. Great that you found capris at the thrift store! Yippee!

Ruth, glad your watering is done! I wish we'd get some rain here. I'm looking at my desk right now....I can see the bottom. Have a great day!

Me, managing insomnia....we seem to have a pattern. Kirk does fine until 130am then has great pain...it wakes me up then I can't get back to sleep. The kitchen is almost cleaned up-we can use the water now. I came upstairs with the laundry and decided to catch up here. Work today and tomorrow. That's as far as I'm looking ahead right now. Food so-so, I have so many goodies around encouraging Kirk to eat. I took the time to put the cookies in a container so I could quit looking at them on the counter. It works wonders for me.

Well, I'd better get back to it. The first load of dishes is ready to come out.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

Holly, I have the same problem with my upper arms. It seems no amount of exercise will help reduce those bat wings. Congrats on the great deal on your pants! Our local Goodwill is one of my favorite places to shop.

Ruth, enjoy your day!

This will be the last cool morning around here for a while, since we'll be climbing into the high 90s the rest of the week. I'm off for my routine cut and color before going out to the farm this morning. Audrey's violin lesson has been moved to 12:30, so Maggie and I will wait for her at the park down the street, then we're going to Barnes & Noble to use a gift card before it expires. By then, it will be about time to swing by the polo field to drop off the girls with Cindy and watch the game for a while before heading home.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Great to see you Holly!! Thanks to everyone for their congrats yesterday. Had a really nice evening. Went upstate to my friend's. We went for a great walk across the Rip Van Winkle Bridge, so pretty. Lots of laughs as it became a competitive walk. He may be taller 6'3 and stronger, but I've got him on cardio!! lol Later we had a great dinner, I cannot believe I ate BEAR! It was awesome, so lean and tender you would think you were eating filet mignon! I was a little freaked out by trying it, but so glad I did.

Today I am lingering before getting motivated to go to the wake. I don't mind going, just a long trip to China town and back during the height of rush hour. I am not the best at getting my bearings in the city after getting off the subway. After paying 14 bucks to park for 6 minutes I'll take my chances.

Holly and fellow bat wings kettle bells work great as well as the pull down rope thing at the gym (that one gives tricep cuts) I dread push ups I try to find anything else that helps.

Debbie I hope you and Kirk get some much needed rest very soon

Have a great a Tuesday
Old 06-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Hello Chicks, I am back on the beach as of today. I hope that is ok. You would think that I would learn what really works for my body. Cant wait to
catch up with everyone. Have a great day
Old 06-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

LC! You and I are on the same "wagon" schedule. ON the wagon.... OFF the wagon... I just hopped back on yesterday

And to tell you how bad the carbaholism was, I am nauseous on Ph1 D2. Ugh. The flu struck EARLY!

Don't have much time to chat, but wanted to pop in. Was 100% OP yesterday! Meatball (fake of course) Casserole for dinner tonight with salad. Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

Lisa
Old 06-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

late today this is the first time i have had a chance to get on here and it is almost bedtime
ruth , cottage are you sure the bat wings are fat you may find they are skin and won't go, i found this before my tummy tuck what i thought was fat was actully 7lbs of skin it is suprising how thick it can be.

took a bus up to town this morning to get new contacts from the optician and then walked the mile and a half back home. had the steak poivre from the recipe book tonight made it exactly as it said it was really good
Old 06-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Ok I can actually post now. So the sunburn is not as bad today and I slept a smidge better last night, but I am still the color of a beet. Like, purpley-red. This makes for quite amusing lines. Hoping that tonight after some aloe, I'll be able to sleep like a baby, no matter what my burnt stomach or armpit-fat says....

Had some lentils, cottage cheese, and veggies/dip at lunch which helped the nausea. Not sure what that was all about, unless I really am SBD-flu'ing. Getting it all out of my system! This Ph1 comes at a convenient time.... I scheduled my life insurance check-up for Monday the 25th. I'm far healthier than I was 10 years ago, so I'm hoping my premiums go down! Healthy BMI (couldn't have done it without you girls!!!), don't smoke anymore, seldom drink... I'm still on meds for blood pressure but at least it's regulated now, whereas 10 years ago it wasn't. Come onnnn Preferred!

Can you girls believe I've been around here almost 8 years!? Where does the time go? I've made some awesome friendships on here, and I'm so glad to have you all in my life! I do miss some that we don't see anymore.... anyone hear from Schatzi ever? Or ellis?

Anyhoozle, back to work. Just wanted to say hi. Have a lovely evening!

Lisa
Closed Thread