South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-19-2012, 05:41 AM   #1  

Default trying not to be discouraged

I started SB a week ago yesterday...and as of sunday I had lost 7.5 lbs....yesterday my weigh in was a half pound up...this morning another half pound up....so now just over a week I'm 6.5 lbs lost....which is still great, I know, but I can't figure out what I'm doing different from last week, lol. I've become more creative with my meals, but still have stayed on plan. Last night I made one of the P1 deserts....idk. Like I said in my heading, trying not to get discouraged....need motivation, lol.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.
tinadago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I did nearly the exact same thing. You get the whoosh of water weight the first week (I lost 6 lbs) and then you start to flatten out (I gained back 1 lb). I think we get soooo excited because of that massive drop, then wish it continues....but it doesn't!

Just stick with it, you'll enter the time that you lose 1/2-2 lbs a week (depending on other factors), which is the safe way to do it for your body.

Good luck!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Once the water weight is gone then off comes the fat and that is where you will see a huge difference. Fat as we know is not kind and tries to stay well past it's welcome. I remember a woman in my WW group years ago said it best, we don't wake up one morning 50 pound heavier, weigh gain seems to be 5 pounds at a time before we take notice. If we set smaller goals ie 5 lbs losing 50 pounds is much less daunting and you get to celebrate 10 times though out the journey!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Hi - I'm working through a plateau a little later in the game, so I understand your frustration. But...did you measure before you started? I found during my first two weeks, I lost the first week, and stayed the same on the scale the second week. But - the inches came off! Hang in there!!
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:22 AM   #5  

Thanks ladies...I think I'm going to wait until the end of P1 to weigh again Going to try not being a slave to the scale, lol...
Old 06-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #6  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

scale slave!!! lo i am and i am trying to escape the slavery lol
irinaelenav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #7  

Lol....I didn't weigh yesterday...and I wasn't planning on weighing today, but omg, I think the scale is calling out to me, lol....but I'll refrain, lol.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #8  

Good morning. So I was a slave to the scale this morning and honestly not sure what I am doing wrong. I went up again....I am still in P1 and the first week I lost 7.5 lbs....now I'm at 5.5....I stick to plan and don't ever cheat.

most breakfast I have 3 slices of turkey bacon and 1 cup of cottage cheese with tomatoes. I can't eat eggs, so my options for breakfast are limited.

Lunch is usually leftover protein and veggie from the night before or a salad with chicken, lf cheese and only my 2 tbsp of dressing. I very careful about that.

Dinner is usually fish, chicken, or the occasional sirloin, with a veggie, or salad.

I have a sf fudgesickle in the evening....

occasionally I have some kind of nuts, but stick to the amount I am allowed....

Help.....what am I doing wrong? Sunday is my last day on P1 and I'm not losing anymore and am afraid to move to P2 at this point....

~Thanks, Tina
Old 06-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 224.6/196/134

Height: 5'2"

I got frustrated I wasn't "losing as fast as I should". It was my hubby that brought up a great point... are you gaining? He said, "if you step on the scale and weight more than you did at the start, that is the time to worry" Smart man once in a blue moon

Just stick to it and the weight WILL come off. I stayed on phase 1 for 3 weeks because I didn't have the huge losses others had. I only lost 4.6 pounds the first week, 2.4 the second. We all lose weight in different ways at different paces. The important part is you lose the weight!

I try to only monitor my weight in the middle of the week. My weigh in day is Sunday, but I check the scale on Wednesday to see if I've lost anything, if not, I scale back my diet closer to a phase 1 meal plan. So far, I've consistently lost 1-2 pounds per week.

Carry a notebook with you and every time you eat or drink anything, write it down. That was you can monitor what you're eating. I noticed you said, "occasionally I have some kind of nuts, but stick to the amount I am allowed..." Are you having it once per day? How many are you having? Track your eating for a week and see if there is something you need to tweak. But really, I just think you had such a huge loss the first week that your body is adjusting.

Just stick with it!
FabBy40Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #10  

Thank you.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #11  
south beach dieter

well to be honest for the past 5 or 6 days the scale said to me: "u have the same wight" and i said what the ****!!!!! i try not to lose my "temper" so we should hang in there the good days are coming( i hope)
Old 06-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

I get your frustration, because this morning - 24 days into June, I stepped on the scale, and it is the exact same number that it was on June 1. But - I know I'm on the verge of losing a bit more. And - In my case, I'm guilty of not eating enough. So, my advice for both of us this week: Make sure we get the full 4.5 cups of veggies, protein at each meal and water, water, water. When I focus on not eating bad stuff, my weight stalls. When I focus on eating enough of the good stuff, I do better! Duh!!! (slaps self upside the head!)
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #13  
south beach dieter

i try my best to do the things u sais ohh well better days will come tanx