Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #1  
I'm a loser, yay!

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Sugar/carbs and mood issues

Hi all,

I was sick last week with fever, sore throat and all that so I fell off the horse for a few days just because I couldn't cook anything and was just feeling weak and terrible. I found a few things happened when I ate more carbs:

1) Sleepiness. Awful, intense sleepiness throughout the day.

2) Anger/irritability issues. I am just swinging from depressed to annoyed to angry and it feels so weird. Everything is a trigger, every little thing sets me off.

3) Cravings. The more sugar I ate, the more I wanted sugar.

and of course I did have a small weight gain but that's not even what bothers me most. It's the irritability and the sleepiness. I'm back on track today and over my cold with more insight now into how Atkins affects me. Some people say they get angry on Atkins, but I'm finding the sugar and mood swings to be totally connected. I feel like crying for no reason, too.
everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #2  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I have the same experience. I've been mostly happy and energetic and if I accidentally eat something sugary (like a week ago when the syrup in my latte was NOT sugar free...) I get so grouchy I can hardly bare being around myself.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Same here!

The moodiness is out of control when I have starch. If my blood sugar spikes, you can forget it... there's no reeling me back in until it comes back down again. It's annoying!

I guess it's good motivation to keep my carbs low!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Man the laziness and exhaustion that I felt is unreal. Now mind you my life style is a little nuts, I have three kids that get up early and a husband that gets home late so I usually stay up way to late to see him and then add in everything else in the day. So there is some room for being tired but OMG the just sheer dont want to even move I felt when I was eating so many carbs was unreal! I feel so bad for my kids I didnt realize how much of a freaking drag I was. They even notice how much energy I have now. The only time I was a grouch was the first two days getting used to the change and the headache that lasted both days. But now I feel wonderful!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote