UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/195.5/140

Default Partner Support...

So I lost another 2lbs this week...making my total 11.25lbs in 4 weeks, I am so happy about it.

However I am more happy about the fact that my boyfriend has lost 11.5lbs in 3 weeks! I am soooo proud of him! He had a terrible diet and although he isn't fat (he is very stocky and muscular) he definitely had put on a couple of stone in the last 2 years!

Having him support me like this is helping me so much. If he can do it then I have no excuse, he doesn't like veg so it is tough for him!

Let me know if anyone elses partners are helping them through this! xxx
ChloeSJHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

Congratulations to you both!
livelaughlovesunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

Congrats on the weight lose for both of you.

My partner helps me out too, he's naturally very fit (builds houses for a living) and he's eating habits are way better than mine. But he does like junk food and has been more than willing to limit himself and eat healthier to help me along. That and he gets up at 5 am every morning with our 1 year so I can go out for a walk before he goes to work.

My sister also wants to lose weight but her partner isn't anywhere near as supportive and I don't envy her her position. Makes such a difference when your better half is right there with you doesn't it?
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/262/176

Height: 5'8"

Well done and keep up the good work.

My wife and I are basically doing it together, although she has a fraction of what I need to lose. I'm stricter, than her, but that's ok, she needs treats more than me.

We are just basically having better food choices and cutting out the sugars and it's working. My wife can't exercise so having less carbs and more protein is a great way for us to go. We allow ourselves 1 day a week where we don't need to stick to the plan and we can eat anything we want, but we're finding we are happier sticking to the plan. The other day I had a chicken souvlaki and felt like I'd eaten a brick the way it was sitting in my stomach. So a change of habit is really working and I'm now wearing shirts a size smaller which I kept knowing I would get to wear them one day
collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #5  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

My previous partner was a diet saboteur and would buy chocs/takeaways etc. My husband is absolutely wonderful and even asks me if I mind him eating choc digestives in front of me! He has given up smoking and has done so well, I think he understands the whole food addiction a bit.
I am very lucky to have such a support makes it so much easier.
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #6  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 314.15/289.9/150

Height: 5"8

That's awesome that youve both made a huge change!!

My man, as ive said is tall and soooo skinny, hes verging on anorexia weight wise, but he eats like a horse!! Always grazing on something. But his metabolism is stupidly fast!! You can see his ribs at the front and back, his collar bones are prominent and so are his hips. But, I've been pumping him with carbs (booooo) and proteins and I think its starting to show. Lying in bed last night I was able to pinch a bit of fat near his sholder blade. Might bung him on the scale next weekend. He's naturally skinny. Takes after his dad bless him.

Dont get me wrong, he supports the heck out of me, filling up my water bottle when he sees its low or empty, and I know I can talk to him about anything. He might not understand what I'm going thro, but at least its an ear to bend if needed lol
LozzCowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Congrats on both your losses.

My bf is doing slimming world with me and although he is losing a lot more than me a lot quicker, he is really supportive and helpful. My bf claims to not like veg but I have managed to get him to eat a few things he didn't before; mushrooms, broccoli, even carrots if they are cleverly disguised. In fact one of my broccoli dishes is now his favourite when at first he claimed to hate broccoli.

He used to be really sporty but gained weight cos he can't play anymore but he is now running and swimming, he is much more partial to exercise than me, hence why he is losing weight more quickly plus the fact that he is stricter on the plan and the usual fact that he just has more to lose. If I had lost weight at the same rate as him I would be at target by now.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote