South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Beach Chat - June 16 & 17

Mid-June and a lovely morning. My Japanese Silk Lilac is in bloom and the scent this morning filled my bedroom. A nice wake-up greeting!

I now have eight, not six, pies gracing my fridge. (I got a little carried away!) I just have to glaze the two strawberry ones and I'm done. It's going to get hot again starting today so I'm glad I pushed myself to do them yesterday. Donna comes to clean this morning so I am going to leave her to it and do some more gardening while it's still cool out there.

We are expecting about 100 people at the fish fry tonight which will be in the Old Town Hall rather than in the Mill. (That should make life much easier as the kitchenette and washrooms are there. No lugging of tables and chairs over to the Mill to make it into a food place.) It's good publicity too as we have started restoring of the building to it's original use which was for plays, concerts, receptions and other events. Lots of the older village folk remember it then and never visited it when it was a museum. There will be lots of stories told - true or not! I remember my aunt taking me there to see movies back when I was little.

Tomorrow has nothing on the schedule except Church and an afternoon play in the next village. I may skip that and consider my ticket cost a donation.

What's happening in your life this weekend? Any Father's Day events?
Old 06-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ruth! I'm typing in the dark....your weekend sounds like great fun! I wish we could join you....

We were going to go to brunch tomorrow with Kirks DD but I'm not sure if he's going to be able to make it. He had a pretty rugged night...fortunately sleeping right now.

I work today, which should be interesting because our entire town has a "boil order" for water. I heard they were crazy busy yesterday and had lots of accomodation not being able to use the tap water. I guess I'll go in a bit early.

Well, I guess I'd better get some chores done. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning My alarm was set for 5 so of course I woke up at 4:15 Good thing there's plenty of coffee.

Ruth - I would love to be at your fish fry and try a piece of that strawberry pie I've been making a quinoa, chopped nut, strawberry concoction for work lunches. yum

No excitement here - just work then chores today, but the sun is out and summer is here.

ETA - Good morning Debbie Been thinking of you and Kirk even if I don't get in here to post every day. I hope things start looking up very soon.

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-16-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning and happy weekend! Yesterday felt like Saturday to me so I wonder what today will feel like.

Ruth - Oh man, all those pies. Drool.

Debbie - What's going on with the water? Does it have to do with the fires I heard about?

Cyndi - Enjoy your summer day. I always wake before my alarm too, on the rare occasions I need to set it at all.

Either today or tomorrow we are going to the outlet mall with our son, as a pseudo way to celebrate Father's Day. The teen wants to shop and is willing to allow us to accompany him instead of his friends We'll do dinner either today or tomorrow for DH too; he wants to try someplace with more vegetarian options to go with his new eating but we've ruled out the true vegan restaurants since the teen is mostly a carnivore. It can be hard to find places that meet DH's plan and mine at the same time.

I've become a bit too addicted to the 3-minute chocolate cake on here. I might need to stop eating it for a while. I hate when I get that way about something - just craving it and eating it and not even being hungry and then needing to cut it from my diet until I "get over it." Sigh.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #5  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Ruth - those pies must be divine. I am going to buy some local strawberries today, really should go picking.

Debbie - hope the water boiling issue dissolves soon. Have a good day at work.

Cyndi - wow, 4:15 is early. I bet I was just getting to sleep then. Yes, summer is here and it passes quickly.

Karen - I was addicted to the oatmeal bars and didn't start losing weight until I stopped making them. Now on a very rare occasion I will have a taste of something I bake for the family and that is it.

me - excited because my daughter gave me permission to tell people that I will be knitting baby booties again. Its going to be a Christmas baby. We are going over for a long weekend next week to babysit because she and hubby are coming down this way for his brother's wedding. I am back to walking our 5k walk every morning and it has helped to keep on phase 1.5. Tomorrow we will have father's day brunch.
have a nice weekend everyone
take care
Sophie
Family over this weeken
Old 06-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, long sad day yesterday. A coworker who is undergoing chemotherapy for brain cancer. Sadly when she came home yesterday she found her mother deceased. I flew out of work to be with her as she really does not have too much family. Today I am going to JFK to pick up her sister. Got home late and boy was I HUNGRY!!!! I was proud that I did not give in to my hunger and stop for fast food. I made hamburgers, no buns 93% lean meat with a slice of low fat Swiss. It tasted better than filet mignon I was so hungry lol

Scale has been very kind so far this week.

Be well ladies
Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Oh Jennifer, what a sad day for your friend! I'm so glad you were able to be there for her!

And Debbie - Hope your DH is feeling a *bit* better. We always wish we could just FIX the problems of those we love.

To the rest - good morning. I slept in a bit, and now really need to get a move on! Missed doing my run yesterday (but got awesome fabric for my DD's Cinderella costume - they're only related in that I spent too much time at Joann fabrics) so, I need to get out this morning. Then I have to go pick her up at one rehearsal, and drive her to another audition. That child seriously needs to get her driver's license! Have a great day, all!
Old 06-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

hi everyone.
ruth you are so brave making all those pies and resisting i don't know if i could.

karen i have just made the 5 min choc cake recipe for DH only i put them in cupcake cases and cook for 11/2 to 2 mins in micro makes 6

not much doing this weekend , went out to the garden center for breakfast but Ian was so ill when we came back he had to go to bed. I have just gone through my entire recipe collection listing what i can do on sb and what can be adapted to sb. other than that a very quiet weekend
eileen
Old 06-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #9  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning chicks! Quiet weekend here as DH's father's day present is to go fishing with his friends so it's just me and the kids and lots of to-do's to get to. I was hoping to get everyone up and out the door to the farmer's market this morning but no one was very motivated to get moving so I'll just have to stock up on veggies at the store.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning all!

first time I've been able to breathe in a week it seems. work conference is looming, I went back to the Dr. who have me a cortisone injection into my toe joint (owie!) and we are super busy this weekend with cleaning and chores.

I hope all is well in your worlds! I will be back post conference on June 30. In the meantime, please pray for me not to go nuts!

Thinking of you all!
Old 06-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

This is my first time checking in today, there was a special gas sale this morning and we took my car to fill up before I even had coffee! I had anticipated this sale all week so I didn't get gas, and we made it up there on fumes alone. It was sure worth the savings, though!

Ruth, you have SO gotten me in the mood for some fresh strawberry pie. If I wasn't feeling so lazy right now, I'd run out to the orchard for some strawberries and make one. I hope the Fish Fry is a big success, and I sure wish I could be there for it.

I did grocery shopping while we were out this morning, then came home and cleaned and baked a Wacky Cake for Jake for Father's Day tomorrow, then treated myself to a lovely hour by the pool, reading and dozing. It's a rare, quiet day around here today, and I'm basking in it for now. We're thinking of taking the grandkids to the carnival for a while this evening, and Jake has some fireworks that he's excited to set off once it gets dark.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sunrise and bird song with coffee - good combo. The dogs and I went out there when we woke at five before I logged on. It's going to be a glorious summer day and I have nothing planned except Church.

We had almost 150 at the fish fry last night so I'm glad I made extra pies. The fish was cooked outside which was wonderful. I've worked at "fries" where your clothing and hair just reeked of fat when you went home. The fish was delicious - NZ cod lightly breaded - and yes, I did have some AND SOME FRIES! Passed on the pie though.

After Church today I absolutely must garden. Even if those veggie plants have to live with weeds for a bit, they MUST go in! Yesterday some friends came and took some metal things (an old fridge, etc.) to the recycle for me and I want to get the planting stuff cleared up and into the barn. There will be another trip to recycle later - why do I need three old lawnmowers that I can't start when I already have a lawn contractor? Time for a purge but not today.

Feeling nostalgic today about Father's Days past. If your Dad is still with you, hug him; if not, enjoy the good memories.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth, and those to come. I'll be giving my Dad a big hug a little later, but first I have a date with Wolfgang.

The kids are up and packed and getting ready to leave to spend the day at the shore, leaving Jake and I on our own. I'll go visit Mom & Dad for a little while this morning, and Monica, Caite and Carley are probably going to come out for a while this afternoon. I told Jake I'd sacrifice a steak for him on the grill for his supper, but he'll probably end up cooking it so it's edible.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning all!!! Happy Father's Day to all the dads in your lives.

Another long day yesterday, work, traffic, airport run, traffic, NYC, traffic, commute home traffic lol sensing a pattern. Very tired and run down this week, oh and a little snippy too. I guess I am whining today, but I try to do to the right thing by and for others even when I don't have the energy. Once in a while I could use a strong shoulder to lean on or a sympathetic ear. Basically a little putty party pick me up would be nice...sigh...back to work...I need a nap lol
Old 06-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

DH's mood is pretty grim today I hope it changes. Brunch is cancelled-maybe next week. I had a poor eating day yesterday-time to recognize it's my responsibility to change it.

Jennifer(jekel383), sorry to hear about your friend. Kudos for going the extra mile-I home you can fit a nap in today.

Karen, you asked about the water....it's precautionary (and mandatory). Something lost pressure at the water plant and the alarm malfunctioned. It means bacteria could have gotten in the water. They have fixed the problem but we haven't heard any results. Until they clear it and flush all the pipes we have to boil. It was interesting at work yesterday, but it did work.

Ok, back to the grumpster.
Closed Thread