Old 06-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #1  

Default HNS Taste Change

I just re-signed a couple of weeks ago and have a question about the HNSs. About a year ago I remember that MRC changed the packaging and the taste of the concentrate HNS's by adding fiber. There were a lot of complaints and I thought they discontinued those. When I purchased HNSs last week (grape and tropical fruit) at my center, I was given the ones that have 2g of fiber and are in a long rectangular package. I noticed a different taste before I even looked at the nutritional content and saw the fiber. I don't like these, but I do like the HNSs I purchase online from Diet Direct. I told my consultant that I will have to purchase them online as I don't like the new taste. She said that as part of my contract I will have to purchase some from the center, but my purchases can be creamies or other products.
Can anyone who has been a member for a while and remembers when they tried to make the change about a year ago tell me if all centers are now using the "new" HNSs with the fiber? Didn't they discontinue those as a result of complaints about the taste?

Thank you.

Alice
ali g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #2  

I just read the June thread and saw that the HNS formula has changed, and I emailed MRC to complain. I'm happy to see that I wasn't imagining the taste change
ali g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW 210/CW 186/GW 150

Height: 5'5"

I re-signed a couple of weeks ago also and the taste has defintely changed. I was off the program before all the changes took place but one of the girls at my center let me know up front that the taste had changed. I ordered the grape and mixed berry and I've just been adding 1/2 of a crystal light package to get through the not so great taste.
healthygirl30 is offline   Reply With Quote