Old 06-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #1  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Lightbulb Need tips on Business Travel while on Phase 1

I'm new on the IP plan and need some tips, advice, etc. on how to stay on plan while travelling for business or pleasure. I do a lot of business travel and i'm nervous about getting the right veggies, what food does well for travellers, etc. Also, I'm going on a mission trip to Mexico in July and am committed to staying on plan. But.....hard to get clean lettuce where I'm going and clean veggies, since they're both washed in tap water, normally.
Any advice? thanks much in advance!
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #2  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

For me the bars and wildberry yogurt are lifesavers. Hotels have ice machines and with my shaker and some ice i run the shaker like im making martinis lol...

I try to stay where they have microwaves and make eggs for breakfast with a cup of mushrooms and a cup of spinach. This allows me to have a bar or soup or shake like the mango rtd for lunch without having to worry about veggies at lunch.

For bigger trips i have a portable kitchen lol...ya, im a loser...i went to Walmart and bought a single hotplate, a pot, spatula, utensils, etc. I carry this with a bunch of packets in a small carry on suitcase. It looks normal in a hotel, and while travelling. I only get rooms with a fridge and micro then at night hunt out the local grocery store, grab some mushrooms and spinach and good to go. My truck also has an inverter and in a pinch i can run the hotplate off the inverter. I carry a cooler in the truck and can easily manage a week on the road no issue. Restaurants handle the supper for me. I have now added a magic bullet to my travel kitchen. Need ice mid-day??? Pop into a truck stop and fill a huge glass with ice likely buying water anyway.

It can be done...but sorry i have no advice for mexico lol
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #3  
Joined IP 6/11/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
For me the bars and wildberry yogurt are lifesavers. Hotels have ice machines and with my shaker and some ice i run the shaker like im making martinis lol...

I try to stay where they have microwaves and make eggs for breakfast with a cup of mushrooms and a cup of spinach. This allows me to have a bar or soup or shake like the mango rtd for lunch without having to worry about veggies at lunch.

For bigger trips i have a portable kitchen lol...ya, im a loser...i went to Walmart and bought a single hotplate, a pot, spatula, utensils, etc. I carry this with a bunch of packets in a small carry on suitcase. It looks normal in a hotel, and while travelling. I only get rooms with a fridge and micro then at night hunt out the local grocery store, grab some mushrooms and spinach and good to go. My truck also has an inverter and in a pinch i can run the hotplate off the inverter. I carry a cooler in the truck and can easily manage a week on the road no issue. Restaurants handle the supper for me. I have now added a magic bullet to my travel kitchen. Need ice mid-day??? Pop into a truck stop and fill a huge glass with ice likely buying water anyway.

Thanks, Longhorn. Great tips. I probably won't be carting a hotplate on a plane but when travelling in state I can book hotels with a stove. I stay at Marriotts mainly and several of their properties have kitchenettes. For the plane rides, guess it's bars, drinks, and puddings, and soups, if I can get a microwave. I'm on day 3 haven't drank this much water in forever!! haha
Have a good Thursday!
Ken
Old 06-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post

You're not a looser longhorn. You are dedicated. Excellent advice. We just moved our PD and. No longer have a stove. I'm buying a hot plate.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
You're not a looser longhorn. You are dedicated. Excellent advice. We just moved our PD and. No longer have a stove. I'm buying a hot plate.
Awesome! My buds make fun of me, but i used to be 210 nights a year in a hotel. Hated when the shower was never as good as home so i also carry a wrench and my own showerhead when i travel lol
Old 06-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I traveled for work quite a bit when I was on P1. I would pack drink or pudding packets, bars, my shaker, salt, stevia, a plastic bowl, a plastic spoon and some straws.

I usually ended up following more P2 protocol because of eating with clients, etc... I never had problems with losing weight the weeks I did this. Granted, it may not have been as much, but I always had a loss. Here is what I did (once I was at my destination / hotel):

B: IP packet
L: usually in a restaurant- either a salad with some kind of protein or a piece of protein with a side of veggies and a small starter salad
S: IP packet or bar (most people will not question a snack bar if you start eating it in front of them. Busting out your shaker on the other hand, be prepared to tell your story)
D: same as lunch

I always brought drinks or puddings because they don't need to be heated, cooked etc... They are portable and easy. Plus, I usually ate my snack mid-afternoon because dinners tended to be late and go late. Sometimes I wouldn't get back to my room until 10-10:30.

If I was in the airport (and traveling alone) I would bust out my shaker and make a shake, but if I was with people, I just continued to follow the P2 protocol.

Even now in maintenance, I still follow a very similar routine when traveling. I always pack some packets, especially for breakfast, because there is not always a good option for that or if you are going into a early meeting and all they have is pastry. Of course, there is a little more flexibility now, but I still like to eat healthy and clean and don't want to eat junk.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #7  
Joined IP 6/11/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I traveled for work quite a bit when I was on P1. I would pack drink or pudding packets, bars, my shaker, salt, stevia, a plastic bowl, a plastic spoon and some straws.

I usually ended up following more P2 protocol because of eating with clients, etc... I never had problems with losing weight the weeks I did this. Granted, it may not have been as much, but I always had a loss. Here is what I did (once I was at my destination / hotel):

B: IP packet
L: usually in a restaurant- either a salad with some kind of protein or a piece of protein with a side of veggies and a small starter salad
S: IP packet or bar (most people will not question a snack bar if you start eating it in front of them. Busting out your shaker on the other hand, be prepared to tell your story)
D: same as lunch

I always brought drinks or puddings because they don't need to be heated, cooked etc... They are portable and easy. Plus, I usually ate my snack mid-afternoon because dinners tended to be late and go late. Sometimes I wouldn't get back to my room until 10-10:30.

If I was in the airport (and traveling alone) I would bust out my shaker and make a shake, but if I was with people, I just continued to follow the P2 protocol.

Even now in maintenance, I still follow a very similar routine when traveling. I always pack some packets, especially for breakfast, because there is not always a good option for that or if you are going into a early meeting and all they have is pastry. Of course, there is a little more flexibility now, but I still like to eat healthy and clean and don't want to eat junk.
Great tips!!! Thanks so much! I'm putting my food order in for next week and loading up on drinks, bars, puddings, and crispy cereal (I love the crispy cereal!! haha). I truly appreciate the help by all of you. And you look great, JennyDoodle!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileheadKen View Post
Great tips!!! Thanks so much! I'm putting my food order in for next week and loading up on drinks, bars, puddings, and crispy cereal (I love the crispy cereal!! haha). I truly appreciate the help by all of you. And you look great, JennyDoodle!
Keep in mind your bars are restricted as are a few other things. I made the mistake my first week of having 2 a day....
Old 06-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Quote:
Thanks, Longhorn. Great tips. I probably won't be carting a hotplate on a plane but when travelling in state I can book hotels with a stove. I stay at Marriotts mainly and several of their properties have kitchenettes. For the plane rides, guess it's bars, drinks, and puddings, and soups, if I can get a microwave. I'm on day 3 haven't drank this much water in forever!! haha
Have a good Thursday!
Ken
If you tell the flight attendant that you have special dietary needs, they will heat something up in the microwave for you.
S
redmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #10  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmomof4 View Post
If you tell the flight attendant that you have special dietary needs, they will heat something up in the microwave for you.
S
I will also have to change my tradition of sitting by the window now that I am on IP....
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:15 PM   #11  

Quote:
I'm new on the IP plan and need some tips, advice, etc. on how to stay on plan while travelling for business or pleasure. I do a lot of business travel and i'm nervous about getting the right veggies, what food does well for travellers, etc. Also, I'm going on a mission trip to Mexico in July or in Russia and am committed to staying on plan. But.....hard to get clean lettuce where I'm going and clean veggies, since they're both washed in tap water, normally.
Any advice? thanks much in advance!
The main thing is the place you are going to visit. As for me, you must choose the quality and reliable provider. And only after it you will be ready to have enough information about the country and ways of rest there.

Last edited by MerellBrown; 06-02-2020 at 09:33 PM.
MerellBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 05:19 AM   #12  

All this sounds like a real challenge, especially with concerns about veggies and clean eating. Have you thought about reaching out to hotel customer services for advice? For example, the benjamin hotel customer service is pretty great at helping guests with dietary needs. They might have some good tips on how you can keep up with your diet on the road. Plus, they deal with travelers all the time, so they could have some clever solutions for you. Good luck with your travels and mission trip to Mexico! Hope you find a way to make it work.

Last edited by jassieterlington; 02-10-2024 at 03:37 AM.
jassieterlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 02:53 PM   #13  

When embarking on business travel it's crucial to ensure all documents are in order. I've learned the hard way that even minor issues like incorrect document formats can derail important deals. That's why I always double-check and prepare all necessary documents in the right format beforehand. Tools like converter https://pdfguru.com/pdf-to-word have been incredibly helpful in converting documents to formats compatible with different systems, ensuring smooth communication and seamless workflow while on the go. I recommend paying attention to such operational points before your business trip.

Last edited by Cynthia R Shankle; 02-26-2024 at 05:27 AM.
Cynthia R Shankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 05:07 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

There are a lot of people who have done it! Please read what jennydoodle wrote above - lots of good ideas! You will do great!
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 07:34 AM   #15  

Hey there fellow business enthusiasts! Just wanted to share useful resourse which I stumbled upon recently. If you're all about optimizing your business operations, you've gotta check out Completix. Their website is like a treasure trove of tools and resources designed to streamline your processes and boost productivity.

Last edited by Dustin A Maynard; Yesterday at 04:59 AM.
Dustin A Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote