Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/174/150

Height: 5'9"

Default BodMedia FIT... thoughts/opinions

Does anyone have the BodyMedia FIT? Or the FitBit. I have been thinking about getting 1 of them for a while but have seen mixed reviews. I was leaning towards the BM but its so much more expensive HOWEVER there is a groupon for it right now for $95 and I am wondering if I should go for it. So... If you have one I would LOVE to hear what you think. Love it? Hate it? Accurate? Help with motivation? Thanks!
beachlover86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I have the bodymedia fit core and I bought the optional display. I love it and it does seem very accurate. I find, for me at least, that it pushes me. Like last night I saw I was nearing on 10,000 steps, so I went up and down the stairs a few morer times when that could have waited until morning. I like that I can see if I met my calorie burn goal.

I've only had it for a month, so I can't say how accurate it is for us in regard to weight loss, but it seems pretty close.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/174/150

Height: 5'9"

Thank you! Do you think it was worth the money?
beachlover86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #4  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

Ive also got the body media band i got the cheapest one they have and i dont have the display and i love it!! best 130 dollars (with shipping and taxes incl.) I just plug mine in the the computer let it sync up and then i have a shower then when i come back its charged. It is seriously worth the money..
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #5  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I used to have a BM fit, but I have a fitbit now. I got rid of the BM fit because of several reasons: It's on my upper arm... everyone. EVERYONE asks what it is. After a year and a 1/2, that got old, lol. When I would work out really well, after sweating a lot, my skin would itch like CRAZY where the metal pads touched it. And, it has a monthly fee. I hated that. Paying to see what I do. Boo.

Now, for my fitbit, I love it. Its small and I can clip it to my bra strap and no one but me knows its there. I can track my calories burned, my steps, everything the BM does... and its free. There is no monthly fee.

And fitbits customer service is WAY better than BM's was, in my expierence. I had an issue with an order from BM (I ordered a new arm band and a skin for it) and after the delivery date passing, and I still hadn't even gotten my ship confirm., I called... the guy and then the gal I spoke to seemed like they were very flippant and could have been doing someting else. Left me meh. I'm a stickler for customer service, though. I had an issue with my firbit in March, and I sent an email asking about it. They responded ON St. Patricks DAY -a saturday too!- and resolved it... then it broke about a week later (software issue, I think) and they sent me a new one no charge, no questions asked. Way nicer on the phone, too.

I just like that its so much smaller and its free!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #6  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I just got my fitbit, and so far I love it. It tracks my steps through out the day. seems pretty accurate, but don't really have anything to compare it to. Also, it tells you it doesn't track certain activities (IE I am bicycling more, and it can't track it), but when you sync it up online you can add that information. I have my fitbit synced to myfitnesspal, so it automatically updates the cycling hours and calories.

also, one more thing I love about the fitbit : it shows me my sleeping pattern! pretty neat and gives me an idea of how restful my sleep activity is.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

I have a bodymedia fit and am waiting for my fitbit to arrive.

I love getting the feedback from bodymedia, but I decided to switch for 2 reasons.
1. I had stopped wearing it when I was doing an internship. I really did not mind people asking about it in general, I just felt uncomfortable at work.
2. No monthly fee!
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #8  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I have the BM Fit and can't even explain how much I love it. For me just having it on my arm is a constant reminder to move more and eat healthy. It gives me motivation to "beat" my goals for that day to and I really love that it tracks my sleep.

At first I thought it would be a little uncomfortable to wear but after a day you don't even notice it anymore. You do have to be prepared for people to ask what it is but I usually get around the question by saying "Just one of my many gadgets, its called the BM fit, google it, its pretty neat". Usually people don't press the issue. Neither me or my boyfriend have had any problem with causing irritation to our skin, and my skin is super sensitive. I find it to be extremely accurate and really gives me a clear picture of my day. I can't explain how useless the information is, it did wonders for me.

I know there is a monthly fee but in all honesty its only $7 and as a new user you will get the first 3 months free. I can't put a price on the on the information it gives me but I could understand why that would be a deal breaker for some people. I also have a friend that got one after seeing mine and she loves hers as well. I have never had an issue with the customer service with the BM fit myself but I have heard that sometimes they can be trying. I have always found them to be polite and quick to respond to me, so no complaint for me there.

I have never used the fit bit but I have also heard good things about it to.
Good luck in whatever device you choose!
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote