View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
darcrista

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Great thread - thanks for starting it. Doing IP vegetarian is challenging. I am not sure exactly how much protein we need for the protein meal of the day. A lot of people on the boards say that substituting a 4th packet for the protein is fine, and that would only be 15-17g of protein, right? A good option is tofu, if you like/can handle it. The entire block of extra firm tofu has 40g of protein. I use about 2/3 and make tandoori tofu with vegetables. I have had it 2x this past week. I like it.

I am going to have to buy the Boca burgers. I didn't even think about them and thought they'd be too high in carbs, but they might work. Thanks!
Yes i love tofu! I am picking up some today. I was thinking of using it to try and make low carb lettuce wraps like they have at PF Changs. Gonna look around online to see if I can find a recipe. I have thought about using a 4th packet but i really don't like much of the IP food.. I think i will start eating more egg whites as well. I found this recipe via pinterest that I want to try-

Mini Quiches-

.5 cups liquid egg whites
1 whole egg
1.75 cups mushrooms
.25 cups green onions
.25 tsp sea salt
1 tsp EVOO
dash of black pepper
mrs. dash (i use the garlic and herb - salt/msg free)

heat oven to 350

chop mushrooms and green onions and add to a pan with 1tsp EVOO. cook covered on low until soft. remove lid, turn up heat and cook until the water evaporates.

in a mixing bowl, add .5 cups liquid egg whites with one whole egg and beat. add .25 tsp sea salt, a pinch of black pepper, and mrs. dash. add the cooked mushrooms and green onions to this mixture.

spray a small muffin pan with a light spray of olive oil. pour egg mixture into muffin pan, filling each cup about half way (should make about 5-6). place muffin pan in the oven and bake for about 30 min, or until egg is slightly browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
darcrista is offline   Reply With Quote