View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
CassiR

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

I have 2 boca burgers in place of the dinner animal protein. Each one is 15g of protein, 6g carbs, 6g fiber. So I have 2 and then I get the 30g of protein required for dinner protein. And the extra 12g of fiber per day is a life saver as I normally have big C problems in p1. I only buy one kind though. All American Classic with Non-gmo soy. I don't need to add any more hormones than are already going through me right now. It does get spendy so I rotate these with eggs.

You do want to be careful and check the carb amounts on the vegetarian products as some of them are pretty high.

There is also a protein powder called Garden of Life RAW protein. It would be equivalent to a packet. I would only use it in almond milk though as it's low carb and low sugar. The unsweetened, original. Per scoop is 17g of protein, 3g carbs, 3g fiber and less than 1g sugar. It's soy free, gluten free and dairy free, certified vegan. It's made from raw sprouted protein and live probiotics and enzymes.

As long as your getting in your oil (or a bit more than required) I wouldn't be worried about the fat in your diet. You can add in chia seeds or flax seeds for more healthy fats and fiber if you wish.

I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I'm very familiar with the lifestyle as my DH is vegan.

Up 8lbs since May. Reboot time!

Last edited by CassiR : 06-11-2012 at 01:05 PM.
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote