Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/160/140

Smile Any Slim Fast (or other meal shake) users?

I've just started my weight loss journey and I'm going to be counting calories and using Slim Fast (well, the generic store brand version that's cheaper lol), to help me along the way. I like how simple it is so far!

Is there anyone else here who uses Slim Fast type products (shakes, meal replacement bars etc). If so, how long have you been using them? Have you had success with them? Do you tweak how you prepare them to keep things interesting?

Maybe we could start an ongoing thread for us to check in and support each other
veggiegirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am a calorie counter and always have Slimfast on hand. I don't use it every day but like to have it on hand when I run out of milk or other foods I need, saves me a trip to the store. It is also great for traveling

Last edited by bargoo; 05-22-2012 at 09:13 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I am a calorie counter and always have Slimfast on hand. I don't use it every day but like to have it on hand when I run out of milk or other foods I need, saves me a trip to the store. It is also great for traveling
Yesterday I was away from home all morning running errands and normally I would have hit drive through for breakfast. Instead I ate a meal replacement bar in the car and it worked great

Last edited by veggiegirl123; 05-22-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It is always good to be prepared for those times. Good choice !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #5  

I have Nature's Plus Energy Shakes, daily...from the can...mix in blender with water. LOVE the ingredients. Works great for me.

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Plus-E...lbs-756-g/7522
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirlie View Post
I have Nature's Plus Energy Shakes, daily...from the can...mix in blender with water. LOVE the ingredients. Works great for me.

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Plus-E...lbs-756-g/7522
That looks good, and cost wise it's not too bad I'll have to look into it more!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

I've been drinking 1 Ensure a day as a meal replacement for about 2 weeks now. It's not really a "weight loss" shake but it's doing the job I find them way "richer" tasting than other shakes I've tried and it got me off the plateu I was on
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa66 View Post
I've been drinking 1 Ensure a day as a meal replacement for about 2 weeks now. It's not really a "weight loss" shake but it's doing the job I find them way "richer" tasting than other shakes I've tried and it got me off the plateu I was on
How many calories does one serving have? I might have to look into this when I get bored with SF
Old 05-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

I've been doing SF all week now, minus yesterday when I had a baked potato for lunch from Wendy's because I forgot to stick my shake in the fridge here at work. They're ok. I'm not planning to use the SF for long- couple of weeks at the most. I just want to jump start myself on eating right again, not to solely lose weight with. I figure if I get myself used to eating 1500-1800 calories again with the help of the 3-2-1 diet SF is doing, then in a few weeks when I'm used to eating less, it will be easier to sub in healthy bkfst, lunch and snacks along the way when I'm bored with the shakes and quite frankly, not that tasty bars. But it's working for me! I've also been more aware of what I eat at night for my meal while doing this. I don't want to pay for meals and bars to keep my calories in check and then blow it all on my evening meal. So far so good!
KerriLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #10  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I love the SlimFast shakes. I always have the powered stuff on hand. I don't use it regularly (at most once a week, but usually its once every two weeks). I like to make regular meals, but I LOVE the taste of the shake with a banana and other fruit. So yummy. I can't replace meals with them unfortunately, so if I was to drink them more often it would actually put me way over my calorie limit since I'd be drinking them like candy.

Last edited by Candeka; 05-25-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #11  

I use fitmixer Slim you can find it online at costco.com, and right now they have a promotion going where you can get a a 100 serving bag for $34.99! It's supposed to be comparable to Slim Fast, but the price is so much lower. Good Luck with your weight loss goals!
markhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #12  

Hi,
I am trying the simple diet by a Dr. Anderson in which i drink 3 shakes a day and 2 portioned usually frozen dinners. There is no decisions involved,it is cheap and easy and is working for me. You can get the book from the library. I finally bought a used copy for $6.00.

He was the founder of this same program used in our local hospital, They had a very expensive meal plan but now he says it can be duplicated without the huge hospital program cost.
Anyway I like it. Hope whatever you chose to do that it works well,

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #13  

Default SlimFast

I have been using slimfast for 3 months and I have lost 30 pounds.

I use the powders only I don't like the taste of the ones in the bottles. I usually add strawberries, bananas, pineapple, mangoes, any kind of fruit. Sometimes I will add instant coffee granules if I want a mocha flavor, or the General Foods International coffees, vanilla, or the others yummy flavors they have. Just keeps it from getting boring.
leslieblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #14  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hi, I am actually on Ideal Protein, but I thought I would chime in with how I doctor my morning chocolate protein drink.

I fill my blender with ~2 handfuls loose leaf spinach, add 2 cups chilled decaf coffee, 2 cups ice, 1 stevia packet and blend that ~90-120 seconds until the spinach is liquefied, then I add my chocolate protein drink and mix ~15-30 seconds. It makes a huge, thick, cafe mocha milkshake I savor for hours and you cannot taste the spinach, I was scared to try it at first but have it every morning now. If any adventure seekers want to see if it works with SF shakes I hope you enjoy! You get a full serving of veggies in a milkshake!

Last edited by LizRR; 06-18-2012 at 01:36 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/189/135

Height: 5'5"

I have been doing Slim Fast. Walgreens had a big sale on the powder a month or so ago and I stocked up. I use the vanilla powder and I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and some frozen fruit. The almond milk is thick and rich and makes a better shake, I think! I use crushed ice, the almond milk, frozen fruit, and the scoop of SF. It's good and fills me up and I usually alternate what kinds of fruit I use between lunch and dinner. I try and stick to a dinner that's 500-600 calories and have three ~100 cal snacks per day. And fill up on 0 point fruit if I need a snack.

Slim Fast helps me because I have an obsessive calorie counting mind and struggled with an ED in the past, so this way I can stay on track and not get obsessive about eating as few as calories as possible.

I work from home so the shakes are easy for me to make. When I was still going to the office I bought a tiny blender for about 15 bucks, and still did the frozen fruit, just no crushed ice.
angelam is offline   Reply With Quote