Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 06-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #1  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: see ticker

Default So ready to get started

Im currently 35 weeks and I can't wait till my little one is here and I seriously cannot wait to get my body back!

How soon after did you get started on weight loss?
mamamiaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #2  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Mamamiaa - I usually start weight loss about 6 weeks after baby gets here. That's enough time for the worst of my exhaustion to pass and for my milk to establish.
Be prepared that your body most likely won't shape up exactly the same way it did pre-pregnancy. Things tend to come together a little differently with ever kid.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I tried at 1 week and ergh... will be waiting 6-12 weeks now that I know better!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #4  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: see ticker

Thank you! My plan is to wait two or three weeks and then only do walks with the new baby and then start the real work out at 6-8 weeks. Then dieting after I stop breastfeeding at 6 months
mamamiaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #5  

I didn't start working out until 4 - 5 months after. Then I gradually eased into exercise and began upping the intensity after each month. It took 13 months for me to reach pre-preg WEIGHT but I am not pre-preg SIZE!!! My stomach is bigger at the same weight so I need to tone the muscles still!

edit: I should add, 13 months after giving birth I reached pre-preg size (not 13 months after starting exercise). I should also mention I gained 37lbs from the pregnancy. So I lost it all in just over a year. )

Last edited by Pepino; 08-23-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: clarify time frame
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote