Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

Default Just Started Jogging...

Hi everyone!
I've got something on my mind that I was wondering if anyone had any answers about. So this Sunday I started Jogging, and it's so weird to say that haha. Walking has been my go to for years! Lately I've been seeing some weird changes with my body and I don't know what it is haha.

A few weeks ago I completed a competition with some of the people in my Church called Feel Great in Eight, which got me thinking about what I eat, and how much I exercise. So I decided again that I would try to amp up my exercise and instead of spending an hour on facebook, spend an hour working out.

So what I've done for the past couple of days has been to jog for the time it takes pandora to play 10 songs. I don't feel comfortable jogging in public just yet (I'm a whimp haha), so I jog in place in my room for now.

But what this post is about, is that I have noticed that my skin is weird now. I'm not sure how to explain it but like certain places are lumpy but hanging loose? Is this what my older family members are talking about when they say things like "That's the fat moving around" ? I'm just kinda weirded out by it all haha.

I don't know my weight because I'm working on my campus this summer, so when I go home I'll see how my weight looks. Only thing I know is that since the beginning of the semester I've gone from a size 18 in pants to 14's!
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #2  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Congrats
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #3  
present!

S/C/G: 200/174/145

Height: 5'3"

Awesome job on your loss and increasing you fitness activity!

I would think that you are right, especially with a decrease in two dress sizes and what you are experiencing is loose skin due to the loss of fat. There is a wonderful section in the Maintainer's forum here
that you can read about loose skin.
Spinach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Yes, I notice the same thing. I've lost about 4 pounds and I can tell that the spare tire is deflating, but it looks weirder. But my arm muscles are starting to show!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/136.5/130

Height: 5"6"

I take it you haven't had kids yet... Hahahaha. Cause you would recognize that stretched out skin letting go of it's tight pretty fat. Lol!
Congrats on your weight loss!
mrslynah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/161/125

Height: 5'5

Congratulations on the weight loss!!!
I agree with Spinach seems like from the loss in body fat you have some extra skin going on. But thats ok with toning later on further exercise should be able to fix that.
Love Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

Thank you all for the responses! No I haven't had kids yet, but now that I've got an idea of what's happening I feel more at ease haha.
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote