View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

LATE MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I got up a couple hours earlier than usual these past couple days and it has been OK with me for I felt I had enough sleep. Getting up earlier gives me more time to greet the new day. I went through all my things that I have on hand that are on the list of “must have” for doll making. Surprising how many things I already have in my sewing kit that are on the list. The different dyes and such can be purchased in various stores here and in the “big” city. The local fabric store and Wal*Mart will have some of the items I will need. It will be an adventure gathering all my items together. My books tell me what brand of dyes and such that work best and last longer and not fade to be used for the dolls. I want to round all the supplies up that will be needed before starting a project. I plan on still doing some glass but not nearly as much as before so I do plan on keeping my most used tools for that sort of thing. Since in Texas we will have that “room” for our projects I can leave it all there when we go traveling elsewhere and not have the weight of it all along with us for we don’t want to break an axel. My glass items are heavy and it isn’t prudent lugging all that around the country on each and every excursion when we go adventuring. This day I will be building a glass building for my village. Not sure which one yet but I will make that decision later this day.

Beanie & Ragg Mopp were sleeping out on the couch in the front room and Cecil was asleep on the bed so I figured it a great time to sweep my office. I don’t know what it is about sweeping that calls them out of their sleep but all three wanted to help. Good thing I was just finishing and was putting the broom up when they all came in to supervise and inspect my work. I need to sweep daily because Cecil does get sand from his butt hutt out on the floor and it crunches if you step on it. :smile: There is a cat mat with ridges in it sitting in front of the hut designed to catch the sand but his feet are so huge that he still carries some onto the floor. When we lived in a motor home with Turn we kept his butt hut in the shower and just lifted it out when we wanted to shower. Worked out good that way. We will probably do the same with this cat’s hut and have along a little hand held vacuum to clean the sand up that he leaves in the floor of the shower. BTW they are all back taking their naps. Something about my sweeping wakes them all up.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like your socks are co-operating and you are now on a roll and will get them done in a flash. I remember that humidity when we lived in TN. Not my most favorite memory of that beautiful area we lived in. That is terrific that those meds didn't cause weight gain ~ but you did try your best to hold the line and are to be commended for that great effort.

JEAN Do you sit outside and enjoy the sun while reading? Sounds like you are getting some nice books to endulge in. I have read some of MC's work and like that author.

SUSAN Howdy to you this bright sun shining day.

Have a great day Magnolias. Type at y'all later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 06-05-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote