Old 06-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default SIMPLY FILLING/CORE CHAT: June 4-10, 2012

New pages.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

I'm home from my stress test. I would be surprised if there were any problems showing up. I feel healthy as a horse.

Nancy, I just had to wait 30 minutes. They said the doctor wasn't there yet and they didn't want to chance me on the treadmill without him nearby.

I'm heading out to mow the yard. I'll be riding and not walking. It's H O T!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Worked in the yard several hours yesterday. Boy am I out of shape. We are still eating gluten free and doing well. I made some GF bread, and I think I burned up my 30 year old hand mixer! Fancy that!!! I've got a new stand mixer on the way, and I am ready for it

Sandra, glad you felt well after your stress test. Sometimes that's a rough one. Sorry y'all are so hot. We have had four beautiful days, but that is not typical. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Pam, stripping wallpaper is one of my least favorite things to do. Your plan for the room sounds awesome!

Rhonda, how's the ankle? Hope you don't get too rambunctious!

Nancy, that's awesome about the little birdies. It's funny, I love to watch them, but don't want one any where near me! They make me scream like a little girl

Hope you all have a great rest of the day!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Missing Maryann, she always has such fun things going on.
I have been working in the garage the last few days & its looking great.
I want to paint the awful brown pegboard walls but that's a project for
another day. I am down to about 4 large boxes to go through and some tools in the middle that I want to list & sell. One pile is trash to take tomorrow.
I never knew we had such a large garage, who knew..

I may just stay here til spring.. I am selling our land in a week and if I roll that money into my mortgage my payment will be much lower. That way I can adjust to work and have this place totally organized and looking sharp by spring..

Sloan, are you sure the warranty is up on that mixer

Sandra, glad that test is over for you..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #5  

morning chickies.

Sandra, I'm sure your stress test will turn out fine. I'm not sure I would do well. I have been lazy lately. Will be glad when we return to Florida and start my walking again.

Nancy, will you possibly just stay where you are? I have a bedroom that has become a dumping haven. Slowly I'm making my way there. I have the bathroom to do, then another bedroom to update, then the hoarding room.

I miss Maryann too. I thought of Jojo today. I wonder how she is doing. Anyone hear from her?

Hi sloan, Vickie, Rhonda
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

I haven't heard from JoJo in ages. If anyone hears, will they post? I'm missing Maryann, too.

Nancy and Pam, you two are always so busy. I feel lazy.

Just got home from WI. I gained 3 ounces. My tracker is still accurate. We're heading into town to run errands and do lunch. Life is good. Have a great day, all.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #7  

Made a trip to the landfill today, put up flags to mark the invisible fence to train Tucker, cleaned the pool some and worked in the yard & garage .

I am dirty, tired & hungry..so I plan to hit the hot tub & then find something to eat.

Pam.. I might stay here a few years but its a big place to heat, maintain & pay for. I think I will be happier in a small house that is one story. I hope to use the land money and equity here to help pay for a small house sometime in the next year.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi...I've had a niece here from Nebraska and have been really busy with visiting.

I saw the orthopedist yesterday and he said that the ankle was more swollen that it should be but that I am healing well and my foot is strong. He gave me a fancy brace that really helps and told me to try to tap dance with it. I don't think I can get my tap shoe on but I'll try on Thursday morning.

I was in a LOT of pain last night, but that might be because he manipulated the foot and ankle so much. I'm starting physio on Thursday also. He said twice a week for 4-6 weeks and to do the exercises at home also. Long recovery ahead he said. But, should be successful.

We have the three gks here tonight. Bless their little heart--they are so cute I can hardly stand it! But, I'm tired and going to bed!

Last edited by Tejas; 06-06-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #9  
focused and aiming

Nancy, you have a good plan. I guess you enjoyed your time in the hot tub. I miss ours.

Rhonda, I'm glad your ankle is healing well. Keep doing what you need to get better. And enjoy your grands!

Vickie, what do you have planned for this week? How's Brodie? I haven't heard much about him in awhile.

We're home today. Curtis picked some squash, tomatoes, and peppers. I'm going to oven-fry chicken breasts and make us a country lunch. No shooting today. My gf had to cancel so I'm taking the day off, too.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #10  

Just getting started today. Stayed up late watching a movie.

I have odds & ends to do today and then a friend is taking me out to dinner for my birthday which is Friday. I need to find a place that has senior plates I guess . Its my big 55. My youngest son is coming home for the weekend, so I am looking forward to that.

Sandra, I love the sound of those country lunches. We used to have lots of vegetable/garden dinners when I was growing up.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #11  
focused and aiming

Nancy, enjoy your dinner with your friend. You're just a youngster. I'm 65. Glad your son's coming to help you celebrate.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #12  

hello chicks.

Been shopping all day. Just got home about 30 min. ago.

Rhonda, enjoy the gkids and glad you are healing.

Sandra, love fresh veggies from the garden. Wish we had one. We have plenty of land, but no garden plowed. The deer would eat everything. Our neighbors have tried to grow but gave up the last couple years because of the deer.

Nancy, hope you have a great dinner. You are the same age as my sister. She will be 55 this year and I'll be 63.

I sure hope Maryann is enjoying her trip. Can't wait to hear about it.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #13  

I hope this link comes through...it is pictures of weather in the area today.

http://www.wfaa.com/younews?cid=71571
Old 06-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #14  

Had a busy day, visiting family and doing a few errands.

I'm flying to Houston tomorrow to attend the state convention of my favorite political party, as a delegate. I hope we do not have the storms like we had today--I'll be grounded! :-)
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, have a safe trip.

We just got rain today--lots of rain!