View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Howdy you lovely ladies. I am a happy camper for I did show a “maintain” at weigh in this day so hopefully the scale will show a pound or so loss next Monday. We took the dogs to the groomer this day on the way out to our favorite nursery to check out some plants. We are going to take out some of the plants at the building and this house and replace them with something more attractive. Plus we are going to put a tree in on the lawn at the side door which faces a street. A tree catty corner from that door will look nice and not interfere with any overhead wires in the alley or the street. The ivy is growing up nicely on the trellis we put around the door on that side of the building. The lawn is so huge that a nice tree out there would be lovely and afford some shade. Anyway we are going to improve the looks of this area. The guy at the nursery said they will keep a running tab for us and then when we are through we can pay for the whole kit and caboodle with one check. Sure will make it easy that way. Will is out now taking measurements then we will go back out there to the nursery and make an order. This is so much fun ~ landscaping. Now that we have the lawn in good shape we can do some planting here and there.

The dogs will probably be ready to be picked up when we are on our way back from the nursery. Cecil is lonely for his buddy Beanie. First thing we will have to do when we relocate to the ranch in Texas is to build a fence to keep our pets in our little yard. My plan is to put down a little plot of turf in that fenced area which will be along the front of our domicile.

SUSAN I have a book BEAD EMBROIDERY, The Complete Guide by Jane Davis of Krause Publications which was published in 2005. I have had it since 2007. If you want it I will be happy to give it to you. Otherwise it is to be sold at a yard sale when we start winding down. Let me know if you want it. I don’t plan to do any beading since I have enough to do with my glass works. I am debating keeping 4 books I have on cloth doll making. I have Cloth Doll Making; Cloth Doll Faces; Cloth Doll Couture; and Doll Beading. The dolls are about 18 to 20 inches tall. I made one a while back and gave it to my daughter and it turned out superb and I would like to make some more. I am toying with the idea of phasing out my glass works and getting into high falutin’ doll making. I already have a lot of the supplies I will need and can get the ones I don’t have at Michaels ~ so that will mean a trip to the big city. What beading I will need to do on the dolls is covered in the doll books.

DONNA FAYE Your vacation time will be here before you know it and you will be off to have fun in the sun. Hope the hot spell abates for you soon for that must be miserble having such a hot upstairs.

JEAN Good to hear you have survived so far. Have fun and let us know how you are doing.

Have a great day Magnolias. Type at y'all later.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 06-04-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote