Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default June Running - Bring on the Summer Heat!

Hey ladies! Come here to get and give support of all things runners!!!!

Sorry it's late! I'm in San Diego right now, running my 2nd marathon tomorrow! Hope you all are well and I promise to catch up next week.

Happy running!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Hi all!

Today is my 40th birthday and I'm feeling really really really depressed about it. What I wanted to do this morning was to stay in bed with the covers over my head. Instead I went for a 6 mile run. It's my longest run since surgery and I finished in 54:56.

For my b-day hubby got me a Road ID, running fanny pack that holds a really nice water bottle for when it gets hot and a kettle ball!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #3  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
Hi all!

Today is my 40th birthday and I'm feeling really really really depressed about it. What I wanted to do this morning was to stay in bed with the covers over my head. Instead I went for a 6 mile run. It's my longest run since surgery and I finished in 54:56.

For my b-day hubby got me a Road ID, running fanny pack that holds a really nice water bottle for when it gets hot and a kettle ball!

Jen
Happy birthday Jen and what a great birthday it is with "THE NEW U"
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #4  
Training for life!

Thanks for doing the thread Nuenco!

I ran 4 miles again today still trying to take it easy something is going on on the ouside of the back of my ankles on both feet....think its the new running shoes theyh were too flat have put in an arch support...will see if its not that its a combo of flip flop season.Try not to wear them but a girls got to be a girl sometimes!
Old 06-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #5  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

How was your marathon, Nuenco?

Cherrypie, happy birthday! loved the way you just went out and run, even if you was a little down. Running is a great way to get rid of the blue! Nice gift from hubby, btw!

devadiva : i always need a few weeks to get use to flip flop too... I hope you ankled will get better soon

got my 18k long run training done this morning in a drizzling rain and chilly wind... got it done anyway! in 2:03:39, I was really glad of my time. I ran part of it with a collegue, so I wasn't able to control totally my pace to my own taste but I was able to sprint the last 2k... I'm testing stuff right now to when I should increasing my pace during the race

my first ever half marathon is in exactly 4 weeks... OMG!!! I'm excited!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Man you guys are doing great and so inspiring! I ran 2.5 miles yesterday in my new running sneakers in 23:12. Ran for 15 minutes or something pathetic as part of my warmup for Friday's weights gym session.

Today I'd like to run but it's misting and sprinkling on and off. Wah wah wah, if TurboMammoth ran for 2 hours straight in the rain I can deal!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #7  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Ran 6.25 miles tonight in a little under 58 min - I slept really poorly last night and felt blah All day so I wasnt expecting much out of the run but it turned out great!!! It was cloudy and about 60 degrees which was perfect and I even added a hill that went on for 1/3 mile - totally changes my day from bad to good! Today also marks exactly two months since I finally kicked my smoking habit for good and I really have running to thank for a lot of that!

Deva - is your Achilles bothering you or like a blister type thing? Just wondering - I was having Achilles problems awhile back...

Happy birthday Cherry - you look AMAZING - and you're faster than me haha!
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/145

Height: 5'9"

I'm gearing up to start a 12-week training program for my fall half-marathon! I am a very slow runner, probably because of my high weight, but I have been building up my endurance and getting a little bit faster. I used to run/walk 2-3 miles in about 14 minute miles but now I'm running 3 miles in about 11:30-12. Improvement! I am running a 5k on Father's Day and hope to be under 35 minutes. My best 5k was on St. Patty's Day and was 40:26, so that would be a big change.

I just joined a running group at this little fitness studio in my town. They do about 2.7 miles at 5:30 in the morning Tuesdays and Thursdays. There are several groups and I started with the slowest of them, but I have been chasing the leaders and that helps me get faster. The route goes up a hill and then back down again, so I feel really fast at the end, lol.

I just started using Endomondo and that's interesting. Anyone else use it?

My personal challenge is this killer hill on my long run. I've been doing the same 6.5 mile loop either Saturday or Sunday most weekends and it has a 1.2 mile-long hill in the middle of it. My goal is to run the whole thing, at a reasonable pace, without walking, by the end of the summer.
defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #9  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Good work defenstrator - I switched to endomondo from map my run, b/c mmr is just so inaccurate...recently I've noticed endomondo to actually be SPOT ON correct, despite my original thoughts. I ran a 5k race Sat. and it was 100% as accurate as the race officials and I ran a 10k last night and went over it w/ a map and again, it was within 1/10th mile accurate so I'd say you're good w/ that one.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

5.5 miles on my lunch hour today. I ordered myself a b-day present - the Garmin Forerunner 410 - can't wait to get it. I have a Polar HRM which I really like except for the footpod which doesn't work worth a crap. This one has GPS so I can track my runs more accurately!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #11  
Training for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
5.5 miles on my lunch hour today. I ordered myself a b-day present - the Garmin Forerunner 410 - can't wait to get it. I have a Polar HRM which I really like except for the footpod which doesn't work worth a crap. This one has GPS so I can track my runs more accurately!
Your going to love it! Don't know if youo track on the computer with the other but the Garmin keeps track of EVERYTHING!!! You can compare all like runs it keeps a calendar,Keeps running totals,shows elevation,spped,pace,ect ect I LOVE MINE!!!!!

IM3898: No its kinda wierd, its right behind my ankle,not at my heeland its pufffy on both feet,kinda like a sprain, but doesn't feel like one {and did not do anything}only thing is new shoes and they were flatter in the heel and archbut felt great running the first week out,it was starting to get tweeky and I added a small arch support. And now its most of the time can raise up on my toes ect. most things if its achilles you can not do????? Do not have good insurance so need to figure out on my own.

Went hiking on Monday 3.2 miles gained almost 1,000 ft. Took the dog to the lake to swim. It was a nice workout BUT NOT RUNNING good cross though....
Old 06-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #12  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

lm3898 : it's when you expect the least a good run that just goes in a wonderful day!

krampus : did you finally go for a run?

defenastrator : first, i loooove your username héhé. second, best of luck on your half marathon training program I'm following one right now and it really helped me to improve, instead of just ''going for a run''

Cherrypie : I'm in love with Garmin. I have the forerunner 305 and I love running with it! Plus you can build in training with intervals and everything... My garmin is my new best friend forever ;-)

devadiva : hiking is not running but it still a really good workout! most of the training running program suggest cardio crosstraining to improve endurance

I had my interval run tonight, 8k with 3 x 1k at 11.5-11.8 km/h. It was great feeling a bit out of the comfort zone but I felt so great after completing it. Plus the weather was perfect, cloudy so not hot and with a fresh wind. That felt great!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #13  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Hey ladies...well...I finished marathon #2, it's was not stellar...actually it was awful. Much hillier than I anticipated and much too close to my first. I finished under 5 hours by the skin of my teeth and had to walk the last few miles but jogged it in at the finish. It was tough...thought from about mile 9 on that I would never run another...but hours later I was already planning my come back...won't be until next year though.

Gonna take some time to rest, do a few halfs lose the weight I gained during training and remember why I love running so much. Overall I'm in good spirits about all of it...some pretty low points during the race, but it was what it was and I learned a lot and know there is still a lot to learn and experiment with.

Happy running!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #14  
Training for life!

Still taking it easy about running exercise class Tues nite ten today I did One of my CHALEAN EXTREME workout...Intervals {had forgotten it really does get your heartrate up}.
Also went back to the RUNNING store with my shoes she gave me a new pair this time I am trying...Brooks Ghost5 {I think}. Really great service the shoes I brought in were fithy and had around 60 miles or more on them! Just had hope for some advice :}
Old 06-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

You all are impressive...I'm a newbie but I need somewhere to post to hold myself accountable. I did 3.27 miles today outside. Struggled a little bit at the end but I'm hoping to get better. I even took almost 2 minutes off my last time.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote