Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 03:40 AM   #1  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default Just wanted to share

Hello everyone!

For a change, things are going better ~ I am feeling so encouraged. I hope it holds for a while. The scale is going in the right direction, and my mind set is right for what I need to do. I have been changing my habits, and I hope that they are the kind I can live with and stick to for life.

It is going slow, but at least it is going. I am glad for the scale ~ probably because it is going down. Because it is going down, it encourages me. The clothes are starting to feel a little looser. I can't notice anything when I look in the mirror yet, but maybe my eye is too critical of myself. When I had lost almost 40 pounds a couple years ago, I still thought I looked the same fat old Gayle when I looked in the mirror.

For right now, I have just been cutting down on the calories, and doing lots better with the water. The foot pain is starting to be better, so hopefully I can get back to my walking before too much longer. That should help.

Thank you all for letting me share. Being able to come here and share and ask and recieve helpful information has also been of much help.

Take care all ~ Gayle

240/220/209/130
hw /sw /cw /gw
Old 08-24-2003, 07:50 AM   #2  

Gayle,

I'm so happy for you and so proud of you. Sometimes the biggest part, and the hardest part, of getting started is just the mind set, and you really sound like you've got that taken care of. It might take a while before you look in the mirror and really see your new body, but it will happen. You're doing a great job and you're an encouragement to others as well.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:46 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

It's amazing how much our attitude has to do with our weight loss/or gain!

Way to go!

Dana
Old 08-24-2003, 11:04 AM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Gayle, glad to hear that you are feeling gooooood! We can choose to either enjoy the fact that we are looking after ourselves or see it as a daily battle, I know which I prefer!

As you say, seeing the scales go down is great and a wonderful achievement - well done and keep it up!

Amanda xx
Old 08-24-2003, 08:51 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

You're welcome, thank you for being a part of our lil community! Glad to hear you're feeling so great.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:11 PM   #6  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Yay, Gayle! Slow and steady works - good for you!
Closed Thread