South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekend Beach Chat 6/2-6/3

Good morning. My cup is empty already time for a refill. Up at 2:15 for a 3:40 start at work. Will be here until 7 pm then same tomorrow. Overtime is good at times. Today going to sneak in a workout at lunch because I am certain I will be dragging by then.

Terrible rain here, but should clear up nicely by the afternoon. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Jennifer and sleeping Beachers I'm opening at the store so up and out early today. I'll be home by 1 so that will be nice. Lots to do around here.

Had a lovely morning birding yesterday. I was sad a little but mostly enjoyed the morning very much. I will do more of that.

Too early to think more than that. I'll stop by later. Enjoy your Saturday morning.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning although it sure was hard to get out of bed this morning. If it were not for doggie potty, I'd still be there. It has been raining very hard since late yesterday afternoon and the forecast is for more of the same. I guess it's the same rain Jekel has. The good news is that I won't need to water the Village planters; the bad news is that I won't be able to garden.

This morning I am off to town for odds and sods like pot light bulbs - not an exciting shop. I do have to look for a bathing suit and hope that's not too traumatic. I'm thinking of something floor length with long sleeves. Wish me luck! After that I get a haircut which usually perks me up.

This afternoon I'm off to an Open House in the next village. Too bad it's raining so hard because Betty has an absolutely fabulous garden and was planning to hold it outside. Luckily she also has a fabulous house - and a maid! I'd envy her except she has a very arrogant husband who I'll manage to avoid if possible. Money isn't everything - although I'd like to try it for a while.

If there's any time left today, I hope to finish machine quilting the quilt I've been dabbling away at all week. It has to go to the quilters meeting on Monday morning. A quiet evening at home is scheduled. I may even figure out how to run the player and watch Downton Abbey or The Borgias.

Hope your Saturday isn't too soggy! Mine is pretty good since I discovered another package of Newmans!

ETA: Good morning, Cyndi. I'm glad you did go birding yesterday. Yes, the "firsts" will be sad. Still have no seen our orioles but do hear them. Absolutely no hummers yet.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #4  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning! The rain finally appears to have stopped Hoping the guys can finish the roof today so I can have my house & yard back. DH insisted on working through yesterday's storms so now I have water damage to fix in our bedroom ceiling & wall. That'll be fun to fix

Plans for today include meal planning, grocery shopping, laundry, feeding the dozen guys today and possibly painting my daughters room. I love weekends! I feel so much more productive than when I'm stuck in my office all day at work.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all chicks.

I have a packed day of work, which I really don't wanna do. Maybe this coffee will help me change my mind? After that, we're having friends over for supper, I'm thinking mexican....mmmmm....
Old 06-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

DH and our oldest are almost ready to hit the road. They will arrive in Bethlehem sometime tomorrow and sign the lease, do a walk thru, and get the apartment keys. I'm flying out to meet them on Monday.

I plan to try the Saturday yoga class again. Then wait around and hear from the car dealer to see if they'll give us the price we want for our youngest's potential new used car. If so, I'll have to head out with him to take care of that today.

BBL... Have a great weekend, all.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Morning all. It is simply gorgeous here in Western NJ after a pelting rain last night. Just finished my yogurt and blueberries - letting it digest, then heading out for my walk run - I lost a week of progress due to heat, and then "stuff". Argh. Back on the road today! Then off to Father in Law's home to keep packing stuff up. We're hoping this sale goes through, then we'll be in good shape for paying the nursing home. It's all happening so fast, which is necessary, but I think my husband and his sibs are going to realize they are sad when it's all over.
Well - at least we get to do it in sunshine
Have a good day all.
Cate
Old 06-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #8  

Good morning all! Enjoying cup #2 of coffee while waiting for the hubby to drag his butt out of bed. We're due for a wet and windy weekend so we're doing what one should in that kind of weather....going shopping! lol. We have a wedding to attend in a few weeks and despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to find anything to wear. It's an Indian wedding and I'm told that wearing red, black, or white are taboo at their weddings, so finding a coloured dress that I like is proving to be a challenge. We're going to head over the boarder to the outlet malls in Niagara Falls and see what's to be had...wish me luck! Hope you all enjoy your weekend, whatever it brings
Old 06-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Talking

Hello everyone. I am new here. I was placed on a gluten free diet a few months ago. I was thinking this week that the way I eat now is very similar to the SB diet so I dusted off my SB diet books and decided to give it a shot. I will be traveling to my nephews high school graduation tomorrow and will do the best I can while away and I plan on starting phase 1 Monday. I love cooking and I was still using SB recipes even when I wasn't doing the diet. Summer with all the fresh veggies and good weather for grilling is a perfect time to be on the beach.

Last edited by Ohio Dreamer; 06-02-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #10  

Hi Cindy and welcome. Have a great time at the graduation!!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Talking

Thanks Jennifer.
I have been looking through the recipes section and I am impressed! There are a lot of very creative ideas! I shall have to try the flax bread. I don't think it has gluten in it. I think I am going to enjoy this place!
Old 06-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #12  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

Afternoon everybody! Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend! It's a three day weekend here, so I luckily still have another day and a half of my weekend to enjoy rather than groaning about getting back into the week tomorrow which is nice. I'm off to catch up with a friend tonight and study tomorrow
Old 06-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #13  

Good morning sleepy Sunday chicks lol. Another gorgeous day on the horizon and I'm at work. sigh

Looking forward to getting to work on the garden again tomorrow and a long bike ride in the country.

Enjoy
Old 06-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! It's a clear blue sunny day and I'm starting it off with a new blend, Wolfgang Puck's Sorrento, in my cup. Mmmmmmmmm, it's wonderful.

Carley and I decided to drive back to my house last evening, and she, Amber & Tyler are still asleep after their little slumber party last night. We have no idea what time they finally settled down and went to sleep, but they sounded like they were having fun. Grandpop Jake is going to make pancakes when they finally get up, and although it's much cooler today, I know they'll be in the pool all day. Kids seem to be oblivious to the weather. Monica should be here by suppertime when we plan to throw something on the grill.

Mmmmm, I'm going to enjoy another cup of this delicious coffee while it's still peaceful and calm.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #15  

Lol Cottage. I know that feeling. My son slept over a friend's last night. It was sp peaceful I was asleep at 9:15! I must admit I enjoyed a glass of wine with dinner. I made shrimp scampi (no butter, a little EVO, garlic, chicken broth, spices, lemon juice and a little wine) which I tossed with spaghetti squash. I was feeing rich so I enjoyed a glass of vino. Msybe that had something to do with my blissful slumber lol
Closed Thread