Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 09:23 AM   #1  
soontobethin

Default Stay at home moms #81

Welcome to a thread full of laughter and encouragment. Feel free to join in all new posters and regular posters too. As we support eachother in family matters and dieting.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:29 AM   #2  
soontobethin

Good morning ladies
Spryng, I hope you have a better day today. Quick question for you, where in Kansas are you? I am sure you have said and I have missed it. Maybe this will help.
As for everyone else it sounds like you all are doing good. As for me, I haven't been able to exercise the past two days cause I hurt my back some how. I wish I knew how I did it. I am staying OP with what I am eating though. Well, gotta go. Talk to you all later.
Ricci
Old 08-22-2003, 11:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Well I am back to myself today. Feels nice. As far as your question about the bleeding karen, well.. I'm sure it's normal after an IUD gets put in. My midwife said that it will take 3-4 months to become normal because my body is trying to reject it right now (which is what is should be doing) and once that stabilizes my periods will get lighter and further apart until I don't get them anymore. Woo-Hoo!! I'm all for that.
I was never much of a potatoe salad kind of person so I don't miss it at all. but I will eventually miss pasta, but I checked out Dr. Atkins recipe book and he has a recipe for homemade pasta in it with only 2 carbs per serving!! It's made with soy flour and such. I may have to try it eventually. But I'm doing ok without it right now.
Ricci, I hope your back heals quickly. Just take it easy until it does. And good job staying OP!! And I live in Fort Scott Kansas. About 1 1/2 hours south of Kansas City. Where is Missouri do you live? I had my last son in Joplin. I love that town.
Well got to get off here. TTYL!
Old 08-22-2003, 03:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

ok I made it back for a sec. I'm trying to decide what to fix for dinner. Spryng did you hit your goal for 169 already?
Karen, I'm sorda brain dead. I guess I missed something. Are you trying to get pregnant?
I'm having such a busy day. So I'm going to get off here again. Ricci hope you are feeling better soon. WTG saying OP
Old 08-22-2003, 05:40 PM   #5  

Good afternoon all!
Boy it's a quiet day here.
Misty, I don't know if I hit 169 yet. I WI tomorrow to find out. hopefully I did. But who knows. I've been really really good on this WOE so I know in my head that my weight should be going down but my pants don't seem any looser this week.
Well, I got my license renewed today. Don't have to worry about that for another 6 years. Yippee!
I have a whole chicken roasting in the oven right now, and since DH has done so well with all his exams this past week I'm rewarding him with stuffing and all the fixings. Of course I'll be having the chicken, my mock mashed potatoes, and some veggies. Mmmmm.... I am feeling hungry!
Well, got to go. Hope to see some more relies tonight!TTYL
Old 08-22-2003, 05:48 PM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Yea Spryng ! I am glad you are feeling so much better!! I want to get that Cook Book! I do miss my pasta! I'm Italian after all!

Misty - Nope not trying to get pregnant. I have severe Endometriosis. A month ago I had a Laporoscopy to remove it and they discovered I was worse than they thought.

Which brings me to my appointment! Well, the good news is that I dont have to do the Depo Lupron! WOO HOO!!!! Can you tell how excited I am? We are going to see how I do the next 3 to 4 months and then in December when I go in for my pap we will talk about it again. THe bad news is that I was pretty darn horrible inside. I had endometriosis everywhere and adhesions from my 2 c-sections that casued my uterus and bladder to be stuck to each other and to other parts of my pelvis. HE told me that he had to work hard to get me unstuck and close to normal. I still have some endo on my bowels and if that gets worse, there is a chance they will have to remove that portion of my bowel. If any pain comes back at all, We will have to go in aggressively and do a complete hystorectomy.. Tubes, ovaries and all. Because of the way I am laid out, I cannot have the Vaginal Removal, but will have to have it done through the abdomen. So I would be in the hospital 4-5 days then on sudo bed rest for 4-6 weeks. But that isnt going to happen! I wont let it! Everyone keep me in your prayers for the next few months that I will do well. I am high risk as this was my second bout with a laporoscopy. It could happen as soon as 6 months from now and as long as 5 years.. We are hoping never as he is pretty happy with how the lap went.

He is thrilled with my progress on Atkins too! He said to stick with it and we will do more blood work at my next appt! WOO HOO!! I am hoping to be down 30-40 pounds by then! So Spryng, we have to keep each other motivated!! I also realized that my 20 year class reunion is in about 18 months... I want to look amazing for that. I was overweight my whole time there.. so it is time to go back and wow them all! LOL... I am even thinking about crocheting my dress for motivation... something that shows a little skin without being revealing... Beaded maybe... So I have something to keep me on the road for the long term too!

Ok I have babbled enough.. hope all are well!
Old 08-22-2003, 09:01 PM   #7  
soontobethin

Good evening everyone.
Spryng, the only reason I asked where you lived was that I used to live in Lawrence (go jayhawks.) I now live between springfield and branson. It takes me an hour to get to joplin, and we go there very often. There is a flea market there that we like to go to, and I also love going to the precious moments chapel.
I went to the water park with my mom today, and we just floated on the lazy river for 2 hours. It was so nice. No kids to worry about. My back is still sore, but not as bad as it was. Hopefully I can exercise tomorrow. Its amazing how much you miss working out when you can't do it for a couple of days.
Congrats on all who have stayed OP. I will check in tomorrow.
Ricci
Old 08-22-2003, 09:22 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Gee- I missed posting for a part of a day and things sure got hopping here!!

Karen- that is wonderful, wonderful news from your Dr. Of course I will remember you in prayer- but for now, to hear that he is willing to go drug free with you is great. And, as most conditions are, the more weight that you lose, the better off you are. Hang in there, you're doing great!!!! And I am so happy for you.

Spryng- I remember one WW meeting, when Laura told us that she did not expect great weight losses from anyone due to high humidity and its effect on the body retaining water. Could that be what is going on? Also, another WWism- do not weigh yourself more than once a week. Daily fluctuations are so normal.
I remember a certain friend of ours.........who would weigh herself sixty times a day....then go on the recumbant bike.....weigh again.....several of us at the thread had to chew her out about that! (Jackie, where ya been hiding?) Stick with a weekly WI- try to make it the same time of day under the same conditions for consistancy. As far as Dh being away for so long- My Dh used to hunt a lot more than he does now- and I found (as someone else so sagely mentioned) that you can use the time to do things that you would not normally do, renew yourself with an old hobby, or read- take the kids to the movies.....the list is endless. I know, months (instead of days) seem long- military wives are used to this. I promise that I'll be here to help you cope- as I know the rest of these great friends we have here will be.

Ricci- I hope that your back gets better soon!!! Hugs to you, hon.
Great job staying OP today too. I hope you finished up your day well.

Michele- ya feeling better? Sounds like you had a bit of a meltdown. Stay inside, drink lots of water. Sorry to hear about your Dd being disappointed. I used to try to do something special with one of mine in that kind of instance- not something so special that it tried to overshadow Dh- just something to help soothe the hurt feelings. Even just a few minutes out for a little treat can help. Hope things worked out ok. It must be difficult with the type of work schedule that your family keeps. A friend of ours here is a dairy farmer- and this summer for her has been pure torture with the weather and some major equipment problems. Farming is rewarding.....but draining too. Hang in there!

Well, this is the last from me for a week.... Gonna miss me???
We leave for NC in 6 hours . I am feeling a wee bit better about the trip, primarily because I did get most of the stuff done before we left. Last night I pushed myself and finished Dd's dress (you have no idea how happy that makes me!) - it came out so darned cute. She picked out the fabric- with kitties all over. So sweet.
As far as WW goes, I found a meeting in NC, a half an hour from our house. If it works out, I'd like to go. The leader I spoke to the other day encouraged me to go to another meeting- just to see the regional differences. Sure sounds interesting to me.
I have gotten some great walks int he past few days. I'll miss those......NC is just so flat......(we have rolling hills here). I did pack Leslie Sansone to keep me out of trouble, and of course my walking shoes. I'm really not worried about eating....most of what Dh is planning to do meals wize should not be much of a challenge. TOM is approaching (how nice, I'll have a friend for vacation! ) so I am retaining all kinds of water. I feel bloated.

Ok, nuff blabbering!!!! I had better go pay the last few bills that I wanted to do online and unload the dishwasher. Gonna miss you all, and my kitty!! Have a great week......and someone please fill in for me as thread blabberpuss (Spryng and Karen seem up to the challenge!) Adios!
Ginny
Old 08-22-2003, 10:49 PM   #9  

Oh Ginny we are really going to miss you!!!! but have lots of fun!! And I know you are right about the constant weighing. I only weigh in on saturdays now but my jeans felt so tight that day that I just had to get on and see what was going on. But I know it has to be water retention either from the heat or sodium or something. Hopefully though my WI tomorrow shows some sort of loss. I need to get a digital scale because mine doesn't show 1/2 lb losses or anything, it's a dial scale. And even seeing .3 lbs lost or . 6 lbs lost would make me happy.
Well we had an interesting and scary night tonight. My two older kids were playing in the backyard and my son threw a rock up in the air and my dd ran underneath it and got knocked in the head. It cut her open and she bled really really bad. I rushed her to the ER and after waiting forever in the waiting room and then waiting even more in the exam room it had stopped bleeding and dried up so they had to clean it up and it was about a 1/2 inch cut and needed one staple. She was so great (she's 3) she didn't cry or anything, just held my hand as tight as she could and they gave her a cute little handmade teddy bear to take home. She was proud of that. SO she is fine but she had my heart racing there for awhile. They said that the head bleeds alot and what could be a minor cut or scrape may make you think it's a huge gash by the way it is bleeding. So I over reacted but that is ok... I like to be safe than sorry.
As far as OP, I am fine today. After dinner I got a huge sweet craving and ate three of my LC pecan delights, (it only came to .8 carbs) and that seemed to satisfy it. So another cheat free day down.
Karen, glad to hear your appointment went so well and yes I am here to see you through on Atkins until you hit your goal weight and then some!!! And I know you are here for me too.
Well, I need to get in bed. Thank heaven it's friday and I get to sleep in tomorrow. Sometimes these weeks with DH in school seems to drag by. So rellief comes tomorrow!!! G'nite!!
Old 08-23-2003, 03:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Missing you already Ginny!!! Have a geat trip!
How'd your WI go Spryng? Good luck! I'm sooo glad to hear dd's accident wasn't serious. Those things scare me to death!
Wow Karen. I'm glad things went your way at the dr. appt. I'll def. keep you in my prayers hon. But now that I think about it, seems we did touch on the subject before. I just forgot. I'm in total baby mode here. And to add to the fact that I only have one little brain cell ratteling around in this head of mine.
Well I'm baking a cake and getting things ready for dinner. I just thought I'd hop in and see how you all are. It's been a rocky day for us here. Between my hormones and Hoss's stress...SHEW! Look Out! It's ok tho. We just decided I needed sometime doing my own thing. Which w great. I started putting Baylans (we changed the spelling of his name) away. All those little onesy's and pj's gosh makes me want him here now! And I finished the quilt I was making for his crib started the one for the other bed in his room. He will have his own nursery btw Spryng. I forgot to answer that awhile back. Now I need to get started on the drapes and getting my rocking chair. The room is done in little baby cowboy theme. Did you ever see the precious moments cowboy with the big boots and the stetson pulled down to make his ears stick out? I just love it. My oldest Dd helped pick it out. Well I better go check on the kids they are being entirerly WAY to still. That usually means they are into something!

Last edited by K2BMe; 08-23-2003 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:56 PM   #11  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Oh Ginny - I miss you already too! You wont get this until after you get back.. but I hope you have a great time!!!

Spryng - I was hoping to pop on here and see your new weigh in totals! how did it go???

Misty - I understand baby mode. I remeber well! I LOVE Precious Moments! I collect them! That room will be sooooooo cute!!! Take care of yourself!

I am off to get on the tread mill, I just wanted to check in and say HI! Kids and I are by ourselves today, so I will be able to get on more later.. when they are naping!

Have a good one!
Old 08-23-2003, 05:22 PM   #12  
hangin' in there...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... I didn't get to say goodbye to Ginny....... <sniff sniff>

I am back among the living. My throat is still very raw and sore, and will be for a few more days. But thankfully, the fever and headache and body aches are gone. This virus was just plain ole nasty!

Spryng and Karen, you guys are the Atkins Queens! WTG! Karen, I am glad all went well with your appointment and you are able to stay hormone-free. I will keep my fingers crossed everything stays well for you.

And Spryng, I'm sorry you were feeling so emotionally rotten and that I was not here for you. But I'm glad things are looking better. I know it will be very difficult for you when dh is on the road. I won't lie and say that I could stand it, either. But I know you will find a way to pull through.

Ricci, so glad you are doing well staying OP. I am glad you miss your exercise when you don't get it.... I sure don't!

Michele, sorry you have been having a tough time with dh. Those things can be so draining. My dh and I had a really rough winter last year. Thankfully we were able to resolve things and get back on track. But it is so difficult having to interact with someone daily when you are rubbiing eachother the wrong way. As for dd, well I sympathise. My own dd is VERY emotional. I know I have posted a little about her difficulties in dealing with me working, even though I am gone at night while she sleeps. Well, today I took her out for a special Mommy-daughter day. We went to see Freaky Friday (it was great!) and then we went shopping and to lunch. While we were shopping, I bought her and I matching thin sterling silver rings with little double x's engraved on them. I told her the x's were to symbolize hugs from me, and that whenever she misses me she should touch her ring and "feel" a little hug from me. So, hopefully this will lessen her anxiety a little.

Well, last night dh went out with the guys. An Army buddy of his just returned from Iraq, so they took him out to celebrate. So, I took advantage of my evening alone. After I put the kids to bed, I treated myself to some red highlights for my hair, a long shower, and a pedicure. Then, I settled on the couch with some pudding (soothing to the throat) and a rented movie (The Hours) and lots of candles. Oh, and I had a late night phone call from a dear friend and we talked for hours UNINTERRUPTED!!! It was heavan. Dh is out again tonight (it is rare for him to go out and it just so happens he had two nights scheduled back-to-back) so I bought the Chicago dvd for myself.

OK, gotta go whip up some dinner for the kids. Glad to be back.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:19 PM   #13  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Jen - I am glad you are feeling better!! and to see you back! I am jealous for your evening to yourself! I need one of those!! My DH is hardly ever gone in the evenings... so unless he has another trip soon... I wont get one.. WAHH!

I did really good today. Got back on the treadmil this afternoon. And I am finally feeling able to bend enough to shave my legs! That was a big deal. I havent shaved them since prior to my surgery! I feel human again!

Where is everyone today? I wont be around until late tmo. We are taking the kids to the Seattle Zoo after church. I will get tons of walking in there! it is 2 miles just doing the main loop... not to mention all the side trails to see the different animal "groups".. I want to see the new Jaguar exhibit!

Talk to you soon!
Old 08-23-2003, 10:38 PM   #14  

Good evening all!
Sorry I didn't get on here earlier but after I got to sleep in today we went to MIL house and was there all day. But now I am home and kids in bed... ahhhh... the silence is beautiful
Ok, first.... I met my first mini goal!! I lost only one lb this last week but it gets me to my first goal of 169 lbs. So slowly but surely I am getting there. I'm just glad to see any loss after I weighed in the other day and saw a gain! So I am content with 1# gone.
Karen, have fun at the zoo!! I always love the reptile house. I'm a snake and lizard fan myself. I haven't been to the zoo in a couple of years... maybe next year we can go.
Jen, that is so sweet that you and dd got matching rings. That's something I would love to do with my dd. I love to have mommy and daughter days out. She is so good. Now that Tanner is here I feel that she doesn't get enough attention from me so I try to take her grocery shopping or something with me so she feels special too. She's a great big sister... mommy's little helper.
Well, I need to get some dinner in me and off to bed. TTYL!
Old 08-24-2003, 10:02 AM   #15  
hangin' in there...

Karen, have fun at the zoo, and enjoy those smoooooooooth legs!

Spryng, congrats on the loss! WTG!

Not much doing here...... gotta clean clean clean as the house is a shambles from me being sick all week. And gonna make some healthy chicken soup since my throat is still a bit raw.

Have a great day, gang!
Closed Thread