Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #56
melodyjoy

S/C/G: 216/195/128

Height: 5'4"

Hi Y'all! I'm from Atlanta, but currently living in Chapel Hill, NC. I'm 52 yrs. old and am a new chickie. I'm married to my best friend. We have 4 dogs and a cat. I've had weight issues most of my life and just last year discovered a large pituitary tumor which hemorrhaged and almost did me in. I've been recovering for the past year and unfortunately have to take cortisone daily - supposedly for life. That makes losing weight a bit harder. But I am determined. I don't care how long it takes. I want to be healthly and look good and feel good for once in my life. It's my turn now!

I am following mainly a low-medium carb diet with some cycling days. I haven't done the cycling before and am interested to see how it works. I go to the gym almost everyday. Doing weights and HIITs cardio (only for about 20-30 minutes). I also walk my 4 dogs about 5 times per day. I like to kayak and ride motorcycles. My favorite hobby is reading. Christian growth books, the Bible and novels.

My goal is to lose about 1 lb./week. I think that might be realistic. I have about 65 lbs to lose to get to goal, so it will take a little while. I am very excited about finding this web site and all the good support here. Best wishes to everyone. Together we can do it!
melodyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote