Old 05-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #1  
ponygirl

S/C/G: 321/269/160

Height: 5'6

Default Fell of the wagon

Hi everyone, Im really upset this evening so I thought I would post. On Friday I finally hit my 50 pound mark and it was great, but today I went out to see a movie and I ate so much popcorn and I feel like i just wasted all my work, and if I cant say no to popcorn how am I going to keep going on this journey
ponygirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #2  

Wow 50lbs is great!!! I have lost over 200lbs and trust me I fall down all the time. AT my biggest I was 440lbs. Focus on what you have done and your success and keep on moving forward. You totally can do it! How much more do you plan to lose?
200lbloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #3  
ponygirl

Wow thats so amazing way to go. Im looking at at least another 100 lbs just seems like a long road, and I dont have anyone around my age that understands how hard it is. All my friends think it should be really easy you know, so it makes it even harder.
Can I ask how long it took you to lose the weight?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Hello. Hang in there. We all fall off the wagon every once in a while. One slip up with popcorn, or chocolate, or whatever isn't going to undo all your work - as long as it's not made into a habit. A treat every now and then is good. I remember doing the same thing at about the 50 pound mark - with movie theater popcorn...

I just try to remember what cheats are worth it - add some extra water and exercise in to combat it and, most importantly, get back on the program the next meal...

At least your aware of what you ate and what you need to do. That's probably different from times past, right? Hang in there... hugs to you.
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'3

Don't beat yourself up. We all slip up once in a while. If we didn't, we'd all be skinny robots. (For example, I wanted a cupcake so badly recently I cried. Actual tears were coming from my eyes. So I had it. Then I moved on.)

Just get back on your diet, and stay strong.
COchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #6  

Been on program since 3/7 have lost 17 lbs until recently when i gained back 3 lbs.. and now can't seem to stay on program for the life of me. I do well at breakfast and lunch, supper is pretty good - then i just stray. Boyfriend suggested having a cheat day and going back on track - said it worked for him... almost thinking of it! HELP - i only want to lose an additional 10 lbs and feel like it will never happen
Litlbex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

LITLBEX: I fell off the wagon this past weekend for 3 days and I was up 4 pounds at the end of my binge. I have gone back to the yellow menu hoping to purge myself of all the sugar and bad food I ate. These past 2 days have been rough but I am rid of 3 of the 4 pounds I gained. Last time I ate off plan my counselor suggested doing meta quick or going back to the yellow menu to get myself back on track (plus extra water and making sure to get in all 4 HNS's) I decided on the yellow menu since meta quick makes me want to eat like crazy in the afternoon.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Faerychic, I just posted on this two days ago! Cravings went through the roof in the evening after a MetaQuick day. Its a good thing there were no really bad things in the house or I would have gone wild. As it was, I ate almonds and rasins- salty,sweet and fatty. Not unhealthy, but lord knows how many carbs and calories. I skipped weighing for two days and hope I am ok tomorrow. MetaQuick is mdefinitely not for everyone.

Ponygirl: What's done is done and you KNOW that one deviation isn't going to undo all your work. If you continue to beat yourself up, you could spiral downward emotionally and really do some damage. You didn't say if you gained, but if you did, remember that it is mostly water retention from the sudden carbs and the salt. Most of us have moments just like this. Some people avoid the scAle for a few days, others prefer to face the music right away. If you refocus now, you will be fine. And do talk to your counselor about what you might do differently next time you are at the movies. The point is to learn from what happened.

This is just one day, one regrettable choice. Get back in that pony saddle, ok girl?
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #9  

Hey, I just noticed that Ponygirl's post was days ago. Where are you???
Old 05-31-2012, 10:59 PM   #10  
ponygirl

Hey everyone. Sorry I have been hiding out a little. I have been doing well and then not well, so I keep losing the same one pound and then gaining it back. My center is trying to help but its like all i want is to eat everything. And dont want to cook. So Im trying to figure it out. Dont know if I should take a break if I should find someone to cook some meals for me or what. How is everyone doing.
Litlbex, I understand the urge to have a cheat day, but I know my center has said that its really bad for your body to go in and out of ketosis so they dont recomment it. Do you know what your doing when you tend to stray from plan??
Old 05-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #11  

Ponygirl, here is an idea: if possible, why don't you take a break from the scale and just focus on getting on track? Just a though. You can even ask them not to tell you what the number is. You have lost FIFTY pounds, that is such a huge accomplishment, I just can't stand to see you doubting at this point. You are on the edge of something big. If you stick with it, it's gonna come off eventually.

If you don't stick with it, you don't stand a chance of it coming off.

As for that ketosis stuff, of course they are right that a cheat day would take you out of it. But if you understand that and are willing to make that trade- off and commit to getting right back in the saddle, ponygirl, then do it. This is your life.

They told me that the more times you go out of ketosis the more you will be losing muscle along with fat. That's not good. We want to KEEP muscle. So ketosis is good. I'm terrible at advice, but I don't want to see a beautiful young woman who has lost 50 pounds give up. So don't, ok?
Old 05-31-2012, 11:33 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlbex View Post
Been on program since 3/7 have lost 17 lbs until recently when i gained back 3 lbs.. and now can't seem to stay on program for the life of me. I do well at breakfast and lunch, supper is pretty good - then i just stray. Boyfriend suggested having a cheat day and going back on track - said it worked for him... almost thinking of it! HELP - i only want to lose an additional 10 lbs and feel like it will never happen
I am also wondering about Ponygirl's question to you. Did they explain how this program works- the ketosis thing- and did they explain what happens when you go on and off? In the end, everyone has to find what works for them but I have been on these boards a while now and I know that the people who really make it seem to be the ones who buckle down and follow the program as closely as they can. Full disclosure: I'm not one of them. Its taking me a really long time because I do go off just a little here and a little there way too often. Mostly it's because I love my Oregon wine. But I see the difference in the attitudes of the ladies who stick it out and those who post for a while and then disappear.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #13  
ponygirl

Hey Camaswa,
Ya I know if I dont stick with it it wont come off. I guess right now Im just seeing how long the road is ahead and feeling deprived and frustrated. I was on menus made easy when I first started and Im wondering if I should go back to that, but if I do that then my weight loss will slow down, so not sure if I like the trade off. Its hard, plus I deal with the normal fun depression and low self esteem so it all just piles up.
Right now Im out of town in the Seattle area and I thought I would eat two of the things I have been craving like crazy and then get up tomorrow and see how I feel. Hopefully it wont be as great as it was and I will be ready to go right back on track.
Do you have any thoughts on how I can plan out meals better or something like that? I have been asking most people that I know lol.
Your one pound away from maintenance thats sooo exciting. How do you feel?