Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 01:09 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekend, August 23, 24, 2003

Good Afternoon All,

Just plopping in to say a quick hello and hoping everyone is have a wonderful one.

I just ate a 10 oz tuna steak and boy am I stuffed. Time to go lay down. Today I am just or shall I say I was so hungry. Just following the old bodys signals. Anyway we cooked it on the grill (on foil) w/olive oil, butter, garlic, onion and seafood seasoning........ Delicious people delicious !

Time to go lazy on down.....

Hugs !!!!!

Leens (stuffed)
Old 08-23-2003, 03:42 PM   #2  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thumbs up slave to the scales.....

Hi Leens and anyone else out there....

Feeling a bit fed up today and I know it is because I weighed myself this morning and I've only lost a pound ( and that was being generous to myself! )

I've been pretty good all week and even went on the exercise bike twice and drank loads of water.......I think I was building myself up for a big loss so I'm dissapointed. Stupid eh?

The positive side of me is saying 'a pound loss is great, at least you haven't put on', but the negative side is a bit peeved as it's only the third week of my diet and I don't want my weight loss to slow down so quickly.

I am such a slave to the scales...... I'm good in that I only weigh myself once a week (v.hard!) but even though I am feeling really healthy and better in myself for 'dieting', I still allow a pound loss to get me down.

Anyway, just needed to vent a bit.......... I feel a bit better now!

This week I am going to get my butt down that gym if it kills me!

Amanda
Old 08-23-2003, 04:22 PM   #3  

Hi Amanda & Leenie

I am on my way out the door....DH & I are going to the Top Dog Agility performances here.....it is from all over Canada.

I stopped doing ediets.....got tired of using their menus. So I am doing WW....counting points....I have lost 7 lbs. in the last 3 weeks!!!!!!!

I will try to come back later.

April
Old 08-23-2003, 07:49 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

Sorry I am checking in so late; I have been pretty down in the dumps since yesterday morning.To the point I hvae lost my appetite which is a first for me.I usually stuff my face when I am down in the dumps.
Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great weekend and doing well. *hugs*

Lynnie
Old 08-24-2003, 01:30 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Amanda, Lynnie and April !

Hey girlies, so sorry to hear your feeling like ka ka ! Amanda, a pound is a pound, and as long as its not going up, try to be happy. I know it sucks when we don't lose as much as we'd like but maybe your body is adjusting for a bigger loss next week or TOM is coming ? Some days we just hang on to that dang water. How about weighing yourself every other week - I know thats like torchure but it might help w/the depression. 2 weeks ago I gained 2 lbs (I'm on Atkins) and I was perfect on the dang diet. Boy was I upset, I cried almost all day. I decided I was going to let my self have a day and eat what I liked. I did, I'm sure I gained more b/c when you do that on atkins you blow up like a blow fish. A week has sinced passed and I lost the 2 pounds I gained originally + an addition 2 lbs gone for a total of 4 lb down. Our body does wacky things, and we're not suposed to figure it out because what good does it really do. Just continue to do what your doing because in no time you'll be at goal, especially with 1 lbs dropping every week. Besides, its healthy to lose slow (sucks, but its healthy lol). Hang in there.

Lynnie, I'm sorry to hear your down in the dumps, if you would like to talk just let us (or me) know. Hope your weekend gets better. and don't worry about the appetite lose, just be happy its not the reverse huh. I guess out of rotten situations, some good things come. BUT do me a favor, just make sure your drinking ALOT of water and taking your vitamins (don't worry about the food, it will come back).

April, you go girl #7 in 3 weeks !! WHOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

I hope everyone's having a great weekend or at least pretending to LOLOLOL.. just bustin yah !!

Hugssss Love Leenie
Old 08-24-2003, 04:16 PM   #6  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thanks Leens for your words of encouragement. I am feeling alot better today, and feel silly for getting down yesterday over a 1lb loss. I think it was because I'd built myself up for a big loss, which was a bit silly.

I have thought about only weighing myself once a month, but I know in reality I won't be able to wait.......it's hard enough just weighing once a week!

Lynnie - I hope you are feeling a bit happier. Look after yourself and know that you will feel better soon. In the meantime I will send you these:

Take care all

Amanda xx
Closed Thread