Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #1  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default IP Chat Thursday 5/31/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Good morning. I have WI 9 today. I can not make it to my clinic but will use the scale at my doctors office. Nervous as usual.

Have a great OP day.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning. I have WI 9 today. I can not make it to my clinic but will use the scale at my doctors office. Nervous as usual.

Have a great OP day.

Good Luck, keeping my eyes, fingers and toes crossed for you. You'll do great, you have so far. Remember, not matter what the loss is, any loss is a great loss!!

Last edited by rissimo; 05-31-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Thanks Rissimo. This is the first week I've wanted to avoid the scale!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Thanks Rissimo. This is the first week I've wanted to avoid the scale!

Don't fret, everything is going to be just fine. If there is nothing lost, it is just becasue your body is adjusting to what you have done so far, but it is no bit deal. You've done great so far. Now, it is me that should have avoided the Wii this morning, it stated that I gained 2.2 pounds on top of the one that was gained on Tuesday mornings work out weigh in. But, this is not my offical weigh in so I'm not going to let it get me down. The Woosh fairy may come and I may have a pretty good loss Tuesday when it's the offical weigh in.

Thank you for starting the threads yesterday and today. I had to take me daughter to the Rheumatologist yesterday and was not able to start it and this morning you beat me to it by 1 minute.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:36 AM   #6  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:

Have a great OP day.
Good Luck at Wi today Vet.

Riss, you look great in your new pic.

Good Morning everyone

Went to the doc yesterday for my back and he sent me for an x-ray. We will see what they find tomorrow. In the meantime he gave me pain meds and muscle relaxers which make me feel a little loopy but they do take the edge off the pain. I also have to take it easy and use a heating pad. Oh what a shame I am ordered to lay around alot. LOL.

Have a great day Everybody and good luck at all the WI's today.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:53 AM   #7  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Don't fret, everything is going to be just fine. If there is nothing lost, it is just becasue your body is adjusting to what you have done so far, but it is no bit deal. You've done great so far. Now, it is me that should have avoided the Wii this morning, it stated that I gained 2.2 pounds on top of the one that was gained on Tuesday mornings work out weigh in. But, this is not my offical weigh in so I'm not going to let it get me down. The Woosh fairy may come and I may have a pretty good loss Tuesday when it's the offical weigh in.

Thank you for starting the threads yesterday and today. I had to take me daughter to the Rheumatologist yesterday and was not able to start it and this morning you beat me to it by 1 minute.
I hope your little girl is OK

Thanks. Almost there!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine! Amazing how the other day, I was out at 6am to get some painting done before the heat was too much, and this morning it is so cool I am sitting here with my cup of tea and a robe on!

Anyway, good luck vet - you've really done so well on this program - no matter what happens, you have changed your life forever, for the good.

Rissmo - your photos are wonderful - hope your little girl is okay. I go to a rheumy too...

Carol - hope you feel better. A day off relaxing may be just what you need. Hey, maybe you can read up on dulcimers! Do you know what brand you are getting?

Another day of work, work, work... and cleaning the barn down the road for the wedding this weekend. Next week, I am committed to working on my music and art and am getting excited to do that. Just found out that there is going to be a Centennial celebration of Woody Guthrie's music in July, and I'm going to play a couple of his songs, along with many other local musicians. Oughta be fun.

Well, I hope everybody has successful WI's, and even if plateaued, you keep on keeping on. That's what we do here!

I wish you all the very best, joyous, envigorating day!

Margaret
Old 05-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM IPeeps!!!!

I think I must have gone out of and back into ketosis.... my nrg is thru the roof, my last few nites of sleep have been guuuuuuuuuuuud, and my appetite is low (gotta force myself to eat).

I learned something new.... I found out I tend to retain water AFTER my TOM. My biggest losses have been during TOM weeks and the following WI week (after my TOM) have been my lowest. Hence I retain water after... it makes sense with my weight loss #s.

I WI on Sat morning (#7) and I expect 3-4 lb loss. anywho .... I am finding it interesting learning more about how my body works while on IP.

Great Losses and IP rainbows for everyone! lol

keep it won'hunnid yall !!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

WI #19 this afternoon. I have that bloated feeling this morning and thats never a good sign. I hope it goes away before WI

Looks like the Sun is going to be out all day here in Austin.

Have a great day!!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #11  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone.

Vet good luck with your WI! It took me a long time not to get nervous before my WIs.

Cadu I hope the doctor figures out what's wrong with your back. At least the meds are taking the edge off.

I had a food nightmare for the first time in a long time. Ugh. I hate those because in them I'm eating and eating, and I get mad at myself for going off program. I must admit that it's good to wake up and realize that it didn't happen!

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm taking my kids to the pool today to enjoy a little Louisiana sunshine.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #12  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Well I found a fat Chihuahua! Lost 7.2# for a total if 82.4# in 9 weeks. Whoo hoo!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Morning all! Well yesterday was WI day and I am down another 3.1 pounds So 25 overall .... amazing!!! I have started to add in some alternatives for cost reasons so I was glad to see it didn't affect my loss any. At this point I am mostly just substituting the EAS shake for breakfast as I usually had IP chocolate shake anyway .... and the rest is all IP.

With vacations coming up I keep calculating in my head how much weight I will have loss before I go .... and it looks like I will be into my cute clothes before we go away in July !! That alone is enough to keep me going
Old 05-31-2012, 08:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Well I found a fat Chihuahua! Lost 7.2# for a total if 82.4# in 9 weeks. Whoo hoo!

Congrats on the Loss and by the way like the watch
Old 05-31-2012, 08:17 AM   #15  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
That's fantastic! You were nervous for nothing. Just think about it, in total you've lost a chubby German Shepherd.
Closed Thread