Old 05-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #1  
Brown eyed girl

S/C/G: 245.6/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Default Legs?

I am a pear shape and carry most of my weight in my hips/thighs/legs. I am worried this wont go down enough to have "normal" legs.. Does anyone have the same type of body and lost weight? Or have pictures. Thanx in advance!
krystalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #2  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey love i can guarantee itll go down, it has for me. Now my thighs and hips are still "big" but much smaller than before. I have pics in my signature. Im bike riding now to help tone my legs :-)
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/T/160

Height: 5'7"

Im sorry I dont have an answer to ur question..but i wish I was pear shape im more of an apple lol..its funny how people always want opposite of what they have..ie straight haired want curly & curly want straight
KrazieStarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

I hear that a lot of walking does the trick! I bought a treadmill just for that reason, actually. I have fat short legs, LOL. My back is long but you don't hear people saying 'oh you have such a sexy long back'! Wish the length was on my legs instead, LOL.
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #5  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

LOL! I agree with walking!

A friend of mine has the sexiest legs I know of and when I ask her how she does it, she says that she walks about 90 minutes a day.

On purpose.
& not just cuz she has to -- like I would.
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #6  
Brown eyed girl

S/C/G: 245.6/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3

I just got conformation they are already getting smaller... my husband was rubbing my legs for me and he started tapping on my thigh.. i looked at him like "what the **** are you doing" and he said "where'd it go?" i said what? he said "your thigh.. its not all here" (he loves my big thighs for some reason).. i started looking, and they are smaller.. yay!!
krystalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Omg Krystal, that made me laugh, LOL! Your husband is hilarious! But yay to smaller thighs!
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:55 AM   #8  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

Haha, isn't it weird how our partners usually like what we hate the most???

Mine were definitely smaller the last time I lost weight... I personally will never have tiny hips or thighs, but they were definitely smaller and shapelier when I was skinnier.

Last edited by lilmisschattabox; 05-31-2012 at 03:57 AM.
lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:16 AM   #9  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I'm super pear shaped too! I feel like I look a lot more normal on top right now and then my legs/bum are just all lumpy and fatty. I haven't lost as many inches there at all. I figure though that it'll have to come from there eventually... and yes, weight training. But I haven't done that yet because I don't belong to a gym, I'm trying to do lots of squats and lunges though.

Also on top I wear mostly UK10 now, my 12 cardigan was way too big for me there but I'm not even full in size 12 trousers.. I'm still pretty much a 14 there, which is what I started at.. blah!
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #10  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I was a pear (with 30+" thighs!) and now I'm an hourglass. Taking up weight training (heavy weight training) really helped me balance out my shape a bit more. My thighs are still a bit proportionally larger than other women at my height/weight but it's mainly muscle now
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #11  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Pear shape here. Walking won't give you nice legs unless you're genetically predetermined to have them. I walk 5-10 miles almost every day. Still got the thighs. Heavy weight lifting will help your overall shape, but it's not going to magically shrink your legs or take away the lumps & bumps. The only thing for it is just continued fat loss. (Mind you, weight lifting will help you to keep muscle while losing weight, so it's still an important part of the equation.) Just keep on truckin'.

My thighs were the first to come on when I gained weight years ago, so I expect they'll be the last to shrink. They look pretty good in jeans now (pics at the link in my sig), but the lumps & cellulite are still there, and they might always be.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #12  

BAHHH the dreaded lower half! haha. I'm a small-medium frame moderate pear shape-put some weight in my hips, but not a ton, with thick, stocky legs, saggy small/med bum and fat knees. I have a ton of cellulite, as does my mother.
I am focusing on strength training in the arms (more toned) and bum (to be perkier) and not much in the legs. I am walking walking walking and eating at a calorie deficit. I only have before pics of my stomach, but not my legs, but perhaps these last 10-12 pounds will make a difference. I'll be happy to post pictures when I reach goal =)
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Actress Mischa Barton is someone who comes to mind for me. She's pear-shaped, which you can see more when she gains weight:

But when she's on the smaller end, it's not as noticeable:

For me, I have heavy arms. I need to get pretty small for them to go away, but it's possible. When I'm at the top of my BMI, I have "batwing" when a lot of other people don't.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #14  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm not pear shaped but I have big thighs and legs.

Running, squats and general weight loss has slimmed them down. My proportions are still bottom-heavy but they are quite muscular and my thighs barely brush against each other.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #15  

Here are some more celeb examples of slim pear shapes-
I always surprise people when I show them pics of Keira!

Rachel is an example of a pear whose weight is more only in the hips rather than the rest of the thighs.

It seems to me like Keira and Rihanna's legs and Rachel's hips are "average size", and the rest of their body parts are super small in comparison, I suspect I will look more like Keira and Rihanna if I work super hard! But its OK if I don't-no idea where exactly my body will shrink next. =)
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote