South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 06:10 AM   #1  

Question Help for Newbie from Veterans

I could really use some help with my meal planning. I have to bring lunch to work and seems like I have to take so much with me. Also, I am worried that I may be eating too much. I started on 8/18.
Here is a sample of yesterday's day. Can you please check to see if I am eating too much, wrong stuff, etc? Thanks in advance!
Am - 2 egg omelette, 1 sl ff cheese, toms, s sl lf ham
lunch - green bean, toms, onion, grilled chicken with SB mashed pots, jello, 1/4 cup ricotta
snack - turkey, cheese rollup
pm- chicken sausage - 2 links, peppers, onions, zukes
salad with let, tom, onion, sl ham and sl turkey
Thanks!
Old 08-22-2003, 06:35 AM   #2  
Mous

Looks good, Hope that wasn't mashed potatoes as we can't have them..they are a "white" food and contain sugar.

Check the recipe thread here for some more ideas and don't forget SF candies, SF popsicles and FF puddings, celery, PB and drink lots of water.

Lady M
Old 08-22-2003, 06:48 AM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

I think your menu looks great! Lots of veggies and a lot of variety...it looks a lot like what I eat on a daily basis!

The first few days I felt as if I did nothing but eat! I ate all three meals and two snacks...and a treat! I work nights, so I would take my "lunch", a couple of healthy snacks, and my treat to work every night. My DH said I needed a bigger lunch bag! It helps if you have access to a fridge..you can stash salad dressing, cheese sticks, V8...just in case.

Did you like the SB mashed potatoes? I did, but they didn't really taste like the "real deal," but mashed cauliflower...still good!

Check in often and let us know how you are doing! And good luck with the upcoming school year!
Old 08-22-2003, 07:17 AM   #4  

Thanks ladies. Just needed a little reassurance that I am in the right direction. Yes it was South Beach Mashed Pots (cauliflour) and I thought they were really good. Pretty close to the real thing but not quite there but certainly fill that spot on our plates. I am now having the egg/ricotta crepe for breakfast and going to try the Zuke Potatoe Pancakes I read about on one of the threads. Have a great day and thanks again!
Old 08-22-2003, 08:11 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

School Sec, welcome to the Beach. As a former teacher, I know that you are the heart and soul of your school - such an important job and not appreciated by lots of folks. ((SS))

You might run your food through www.fitday.com if you are concerned about how many calories you are eating. You may be in for a pleasant shock!
Old 08-23-2003, 07:58 AM   #6  

Ruth -Thanks for the kind words. I do love my job and enjoy being around the kids and teachers all day. I am in a K-5 so it is a real treat most of the time. Those that do appreciate what I do make up for the few that don't.
This is day 6 for me. I think I must be doing ok - as of yesterday the scale (in the Nurse's Office-Ha) showed -6. So I am happy with that.
Will continue to need guidance so I am glad you are there. Thanks again!
Closed Thread