Old 05-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/259/160

Height: 5'7

Default I was called fat tonight, for the first time in years

I was having such a good day today. Getting into old clothes that have not fit me in a quite a while, feeling great about the weight that i have lost. So I go to HEB (our grocery store here) and I go in and get the stuff I need to get. I come back out to my car and someone has parked like 6 inches from my car *there were a TON of parking spaces so this guy was just being a dick. As I'm standing there his friend is getting out of the drivers side trying not to door ding me and he scoots out. This guy is not fat, infact he is skinny and he has a hard time getting out. So he finally gets out and looks at his friend that was driving and says "dude, you parked too close." so his jerk of a friend looks at me and says "good luck fat ***".
I have not been called fat in probably 5 years because I figured as you grow up you stop saying such hateful things to people but this was a grown man.

It hurt like I never imagined being called that could hurt me. I came home in tears. My husband was pissed and tried to assure me that he thinks i'm beautiful but tonight really hurt me. I shouldn't let some drunk guy that came to the coast for memorial day bring me down but its hard.

Last edited by nataliegm; 05-26-2012 at 11:16 PM.
nataliegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/242/150

Height: 5'5"

I know it's easier said than done, but ignore his dumb***- you can work off weight, but you can't get rid of stupid and ugly (which he obviously is, at least on the inside). You should be so proud of your accomplishments so far! Please listen to your husband who truly knows you and take comfort in the idea that when you are at your goal next holiday, that same jerk (or one like him) will be trying to hit you up for your number and you can tell him to go take a flying leap
thehappyimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #3  
Time For Change

S/C/G: see/ticker/:)

Height: 6'0"

ElociN2392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #4  

Default Just Remember....

You can't fix Stupid!!!

You are a beautiful soul and part of the Divine lives within you.

Keep your head up and consider the source.

HUGS ((((()))))))

Pat
M&MQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

So sorry that happened. I don't understand why people act like that.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/259/160

Height: 5'7

Its funny, when someone hurts a person that I care about I turn into momma tiger. If you do something that I think is dangerous to my kids you better hide. But when someone does something like that to me I crumble.

Thank you everyone. I know I should blow it off it just really took me by suprise. And what a day to bring me down
nataliegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

People are idiots. I'm so sorry you were treated that way.
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #8  

You ladies are good people. Natalie, I am so sorry that happened to you. That guy was an idiot.

If it had been me, his car might not have made it off the lot without any dings. I might even have left a note saying something like "Good luck buffing those dings out, jack ***".

But I am weaker than most and give in more frequently to my angry impulses. I have a very "TOWANDA!" feeling about situations like that.
Bones1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5-4

What an idiot. That sucks. Try not to take it personally, I can guarantee whoever had been in your place, no matter their weight, would have gotten some sort of stupid and hurtful response from him.
Linkovicha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Some people just suck.

Your husband sounds like a great guy though and I think you should definitely believe him.
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:32 AM   #11  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

It's hard to do because I experienced something like this a month or so ago...but he's literally NOBODY. You'll probably never see him again, and like you said he is a dick. From what I can tell you're doing great so don't let anyone get you down!
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:29 AM   #12  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Honestly, he probably can't get laid and has a lot of anger issues.

Don't take it personal, he's just an idiot, and unfortunately for him, as opposed to weight, he can't change that.

He's always going to be an idiot.

One time a hobo called me a "fat cow" because I didn't want to give him money.

At first I got upset, but then I realized, I just walked out of work, where I make money, he's a homeless idiot.
And will probably still be it by next year, whereas I, a year later, am looking fantastic! lol

That guy with the car.... he's probably gonna be nowhere in a year, whereas you will look amazing! Keep that in mind.

You are a sweet person, and obviously do not deserve to be treated that way, but think of it this way, his life must be TERRIBLE to have anger like that towards a complete stranger.

He just simply has issues.

Ps. Your husband is a wonderful man. And he knows the truth, you ARE beautiful!! xo

Last edited by caramelkitty; 05-27-2012 at 02:30 AM.
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I grew up being called fat at school and at home, so I know how hurtful it is. As others have stated, clearly he's a loser, moron, ***, etc. I COULD keep going!! Remind yourself how beautiful you are, inside and out. Hold your head up high!! You've lost 20 pounds and are feeling great!
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #14  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

You can see what happened here, right?

His friend pointed out that he did a lousy job of parking, and his ego is so very fragile -- because all men are supposed to be EXCELLENT drivers, right? --- that he immediately felt threatened. So, to feel like a big, competent man again, he had to assert dominance over someone else -- or something else. And you just happened to come along. He just displaced all his s&^%$# onto you.

In that frame of mind, it's definitely not about you. I swear to you that he would have found something about you, no matter how you looked, even if you had been a supermodel. (Then he would have called you a "stuck up" whatever or implied you were a slut.)

He's got Major Issues. Some guys would just say something self-deprecating, or give it back to the friend, who's the one who prompted the outburst, which was displaced onto you. In fact, some guys would get back in the car & move it. (I am sure we all know men who are that conscientious, and they are not the kind of men who'd insult an unknown woman randomly -- they'd be criticizing their own parking skills.)

Don't let this stranger suddenly put his Major Issues on you when you did nothing wrong and were just happening by.

I am so angry that he made you feel badly and darkened part of your day. You did not deserve that.

Last edited by saef; 05-27-2012 at 06:52 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

saef hit the nail on the head. You bruised his poor little ego and he lashed out like the little person he is. You're beautiful and strong, don't let some idiot make you feel otherwise!
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote