Old 05-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 390/230/160

Height: 5'9''

Default US IP Ingredients and nutritional stats

I'm sorry if this is posted here somewhere but it doesn't seem to want to come up in a search...
Can anyone please direct me to where I can find a current list of ingredients and nutritional stats for US IP products? Its not on the IP website. I am having some serious reactions to something in the packets and I need to figure out what it is.

Thanks
photogirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

See if these will help you. Some of the newer products on it but I have the info just let me know
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Ingredients%5B1%5D.pdf (489.7 KB, 76 views)
File Type: pdf Nutritional Fact Sheet.pdf (16.6 KB, 66 views)
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #3  

Thanks Wuv. This helps. My coach had a list that said some of the bars were gluten free but according to this they almost all have malt extract. That explains a few things. I poisoned myself.
I really don't understand why IP can't put this on their website. If I had known this I probably would not have signed up.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Glad to be of help to you, Sorry you are having issues with the products Hope you can find something that will work for you...Good luck
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

There must be a difference in some products USA - Canada. My label is totally different on my box of Chocolate Drink Mix.
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

The list posted is an older list.
The formulation for the Chocolate Drink Mix and the Lemon Pudding have both changed since this list was created and it unfortunately is not dated. Plus, there is now both a Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate Pudding, not a Chocolate Pudding like the sheet. There are new items that have come out since October 2011, possibly before, that also aren't listed.

Best I can tell, there are products only available in Canada -- ready made puddings -- but I really think the products available in both US and Canada are the same formulations.

Sometimes you can look at the exact box labels by clicking thru on idealtogo.com or The Protein Store (and that link isn't working for me any more--says it is undergoing maintenance). There is an ideal protein clinic in Bayonne, New Jersey, i think, that posts ingredients and nutritional values if you click thru.

Doesn't need to be that hard, for sure.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
The list posted is an older list.
The formulation for the Chocolate Drink Mix and the Lemon Pudding have both changed since this list was created and it unfortunately is not dated. Plus, there is now both a Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate Pudding, not a Chocolate Pudding like the sheet. There are new items that have come out since October 2011, possibly before, that also aren't listed.

Best I can tell, there are products only available in Canada -- ready made puddings -- but I really think the products available in both US and Canada are the same formulations.

Sometimes you can look at the exact box labels by clicking thru on idealtogo.com or The Protein Store (and that link isn't working for me any more--says it is undergoing maintenance). There is an ideal protein clinic in Bayonne, New Jersey, i think, that posts ingredients and nutritional values if you click thru.

Doesn't need to be that hard, for sure.
Well that explains it then, ty!
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #8  

There are a couple of lists floating around and they vary quite a bit. My coach contacted IP for some clarification because I was so sick. The list they provided made no sense when compared to ingredients listed on the boxes. They claimed one of the soy puffs was gluten free but the box had wheat listed. They said some of the bars were safe but they do have Malt extract. That is not gluten free! They couldn't guarantee the soups. Basically it came down to only the shakes and puddings were safe. And I don't feel safe with the products given the vastly different reports in ingredients. So IP isn't going to work for me - it's just not practical. It took a week to recover from the glutening and I'm not risking it again.

Thank you all for your help! IP seems like it would be a good plan. I lost nearly 11lbs that one week I tried it! But I am going to try a different path.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #9  

That is disappointing that you were not able to get appropriate information. I am glad you are finally feeling better.

For my own knowledge, I have a couple of questions. I am not trying to suggest you stay on IP.

The box of (recently purchased) IP chocolate drink mix has printed on the box "certified gluten free". Is that a reliable indicator on a product?

I looked to find a bar for you, and ended up at the Think Thin site (seemed too high in carbs). It said that their bars (the set I was looking at) are certified gluten free. Yet, their bars contained maltitol (a sugar alcohol, from malt?).

Is malt a sensitivity for all those that need to stay glutenfree?

I do have a couple of friends with kids that have to watch this and wanted the information for future use.

Thanks for any info you are willing to share.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by photogirl74 View Post
There are a couple of lists floating around and they vary quite a bit. My coach contacted IP for some clarification because I was so sick. The list they provided made no sense when compared to ingredients listed on the boxes. They claimed one of the soy puffs was gluten free but the box had wheat listed. They said some of the bars were safe but they do have Malt extract. That is not gluten free! They couldn't guarantee the soups. Basically it came down to only the shakes and puddings were safe. And I don't feel safe with the products given the vastly different reports in ingredients. So IP isn't going to work for me - it's just not practical. It took a week to recover from the glutening and I'm not risking it again.

Thank you all for your help! IP seems like it would be a good plan. I lost nearly 11lbs that one week I tried it! But I am going to try a different path.
Look into the simply bar as a replacement. Gluten free and yummy!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #11  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
The box of (recently purchased) IP chocolate drink mix has printed on the box "certified gluten free". Is that a reliable indicator on a product?

I looked to find a bar for you, and ended up at the Think Thin site (seemed too high in carbs). It said that their bars (the set I was looking at) are certified gluten free. Yet, their bars contained maltitol (a sugar alcohol, from malt?).

Is malt a sensitivity for all those that need to stay glutenfree?
Malt contains gluten, but almost all maltitol is made from corn. So if IP certifies it gluten free, then they are using corn based maltitol. Even if it were made from wheat, I've heard that it's so highly processed that no trace of gluten remains. I'm gluten sensitive, and still have a lot to learn about it.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #12  

Maltitol is made from corn and is a form of maltose, a sugar. Malt extract is usually made from barley, and is used in thinks like beer, malted milk balls, some chocolate flavoring. It is also used in a lot of cereals - like rice crispies or cornflakes. It is a form of sweetener but also may have a nutty flavor to it. Because it is made from barley it does contain gluten. Also Oats can contain gluten as they are often harvested on the same equipment as wheat. So I stick to certfied gluten free oats or I will get sick.

The shakes and puddings are certified gluten free and are labeled as such. They didn't bother me. The Leek soup, mushroom soup and broccoli soup do not contain gluten ingredients, though they cannot guarantee they are safe. I don't remember if they were labeled. They said the chicken was gluten free, but then listed somewhere else as not. I don't know who did their certifying but when you see "certified gluten free" there is usually a circle with a GF in it and it says Certified Gluten Free. This would by the Gluten Free Certification Organization and they have tested it and verified ingredients to be sure.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #13  

Thanks, all, for the maltitol and gluten education!
: )