Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/259/160

Height: 5'7

Default Someone tell me how to make my butt shrink...

So i posted earlier about being able to see my weight loss in my face. This got me to thinking about some old clothes in a size down. I put on my big girl panties and went and tried on a few things in my closet. I found out two things:
1. I'm a size down in shirts and that is awesome! My legs are a bit smaller in the thighs than what they were also.
2. My butt is HUGE. JLo ain't got nothing on me. I've always had a large butt no matter what size I'm at but it is crazy big. So how on earth can I work out to get some off this booty to go away. I don't want to have a beyonce/jlo booty, I just want a normal butt. I'm pretty sure that if it were not for my butt I could wear a size smaller jeans by now.
nataliegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

You just gotta keep doing what you are doing. Your body decides where to take the fat from as you lose weight. There is no doubt your booty will get smaller, just perhaps not at the rate you would like.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
You just gotta keep doing what you are doing. Your body decides where to take the fat from as you lose weight. There is no doubt your booty will get smaller, just perhaps not at the rate you would like.
Exactly. For whatever reason most people have "problem areas" which means the body prefers to store fat there and prefers not to burn fat from there.

Having said that, I would say consider yourself lucky that a large booty is considered desirable by many.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Body fat is body fat is body fat. Your body will decide where it wants to put it or take it... and nothing you can do will change that.

Just keep on going!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #5  

All three of you just made me laugh. ValRock the way you phrased that is perfect. You're all right, I guess I was just hoping someone knew some booty shrinking workouts lol. Don't get me wrong tho, I am excited about the loss and no amount of booty will take that excitment away.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

I feel your pain - I have a gigantic bum too. It runs in the family, various cousins have it too. One of those cousins has just hit her target weight after losing 56lbs, and she's still got a sizeable bum, so I suspect I'm doomed to always have one too. Thanks for the genetics, Grandma!

My principal exercise is cycling on a stationary bike. It doesn't make my body lose bum fat before any other fat, but it does mean the bum and thigh region is looking a lot more toned and a lot less wobbly. So you could try something like that. And in the meantime, remember JohnP is telling the truth - a lot of people like big bums! And would you rather have a curvy one or a totally flat one?

One last thing to note is that, unfortunately, it may still be quite a while before you're in a smaller size. I started at 255, and couldn't get into a size smaller jeans until I was down to 220. It sucks, but the bigger you are to start with, the more of you there is to spread the weight over, so the more you have to shift to see a difference. Stick with it though, when you get there it's going to feel amazing!
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

All I want is some junk in the trunk! I have no bum, and when I lose weight thats the first place it comes off! My only hope is lunges and squats to build up some muscle there. or padded underwear.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
All I want is some junk in the trunk! I have no bum, and when I lose weight thats the first place it comes off! My only hope is lunges and squats to build up some muscle there. or padded underwear.

Just keep in mind the only way to really GROW more muscle is to eat an excess of calories while lifting heavy weights... sorry, but it's the truth. As a bodybuilder/personal trainer/aspiring fitness model, I can't even tell you how many ladies I've seen spin their wheels (sometimes for years) never getting that booty they want because they're too afraid to eat more calories.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #9  
Better Posture

S/C/G: 145/125/glutes

Height: 5'6.5''

I am pear shaped. It's true that you can't reduce fat in your butt, I'm still the same shape after losing weight. I have however changed the shape of my butt thanks to the exercises Bret Contreras recommends. I really like this article and I follow the routine explained there twice a week and have seen good results:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...the_glute_myth
carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

My thighs and butt are the last place I lose, but proportionally I lose A LOT MORE in these areas once I'm in the normal BMI range. You may find the same thing.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #11  
Raw Ramp

S/C/G: 205/164/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliegm View Post
I don't want to have a beyonce/jlo booty, I just want a normal butt. I'm pretty sure that if it were not for my butt I could wear a size smaller jeans by now.
I've been measuring my bust, waist, hips and thighs weekly. I lose weight in my bust and waist first and then a little from my hips and thighs. I feel you girl, I could be wearing smaller jeans by now, but I'll just have to settle for smaller shirts instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Your body decides where to take the fat from as you lose weight. There is no doubt your booty will get smaller, just perhaps not at the rate you would like.
Very true! Like I said, above the belly button, weight loss is faster. Below the belly button, slower weight loss. Embrace the booty...I fought it for a long time, but everyone agrees that it's one of my top 3 features!
redvelouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #12  

Brid
That does suck. That will probably happen to me. I don't want a flat butt but I'm hispanic and it is huge lol. I was talking to my husband about it and he assures me that its okay so I guess all that matters haha.

seagirl If i could give you some of mine and even both of ours out I would.

carpediem Thank you I will deff read through that, I saved it so I can have it
Old 05-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #13  

freelancemomma and redvelouria I will keep that in mind lol. I'm just going to do a lot of squats and lunges to tone it haha
Old 05-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/See ticker/Healthier!

Height: 5'6"

Ha, hubs is very concerned I'm gonna loose too much of this booty. I just laugh and tell him it's just not possible. I've always had a booty. But, it is shrinking!
packgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #15  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Keep going!!! Don't stop I promise it'll shrink along with the rest of your body.

As everyone above has mentioned, we can't target a specific area, but with constant weight loss, it's bound to come off from there too!

My size 18 butt turned into a nice plump size 8 and going down! lol

There is hope for us!!

I was called Kim Kardashian today. I wasn't exactly flattered, but the hips don't really help, sometimes it's just the way we're made!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote