Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 01:04 AM   #1  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#394

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations
Old 08-22-2003, 01:05 AM   #2  
working off those pounds

oops, I hope you all don't mind I didn't use all the colors in the new thread =Þ

I just wanted to check in and see what was happening and it looks like there has been a lot of activity since I was here this afternoon....good night all!
Old 08-22-2003, 01:18 AM   #3  

I wanted to get a quick post in; too busy for individual replies tonight. Couldn't post last night (Wed) due to a systems upgrade here at work that took about 5 hours.

It's just after midnight, hope you ladies are all snug in your beds with visions of sugar-free plums dancing in your heads

I had an OP day yesterday but not today. I had a very painful afternoon in my backside (or as some southerners say, my "hind end"). I started overeating this afternoon from the stress from the pain (nothing would relieve it) and wanting to get my mind off it. Also to comfort myself. Soaking in warm water didn't help. I finally started feeling better around 8PM. If this thing doesn't heal my doc said we would have to consider other measures. So please you guys send some healing vibes my way!!! Thankfully I have Fri night and Mon night off.

I hope you all have a good Friday. Check you later.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:56 AM   #4  
I'm on my way!

OK Just a quickie here...I put the stop sign up on the last thread so no one would post there and since it moved that post up to the top I figured I better post and move this one back up!

Andrew slept from 5:15 last night until...well...he is still sleeping in my bed as I type this...geeeesh...why won't he let ME sleep like that!

Gotta run and get ready for work and working on a successful day 2 on this new program! I love it!

Oh Tina...I forgot to say last night...I read your post and cried...I want him! Please share! LOL

TTFN Michelle
Old 08-22-2003, 07:20 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Still no cause on the rash and itching. I got some aveeno to bathe in it helps some.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! It's Friday!

Not much time, just wanted to jump in here and wish everyone lots of :. The weekends seems to be such a challenge to stay op. Why can't they be challenges to fall off program instead? Anyway, make some goals for tghe weekend that you can keep and that will you stay on track. Mine is to get two exercise sessions in a day to make up for what I haven't done this week.

Got to run now! Have a great day!
Old 08-22-2003, 08:15 AM   #7  

Morning Ladies,

How is everybody?

Did not rest well last night, had crazy dreams, "unresolved" of course. Guess it was my "pre-bedtime discussion" with Jane. I know we will talk this weekend and work everything out, but the hurt is still there.....on both accounts, I'm sure. But, I still have not overeaten over it....THANKS 2 CUTE FOR THE SUPPORT AND GOOD THOUGHTS, I APPRECIATE IT.

Determined...the weekends are (fortunately) not a challenge to me because to me it is just another work day...guess that is one blessing from having to work Sat/Sun , I do try one of those days to cook a really good meal, veggies and the whole nine yards, it makes a difference. (I don't get all the veggies in I need), but today is grocery shopping day, (when I get off wrk tonight, will go ahead and get it done)...off at 8p, back at 6:30a tomorrow, CRAZINESS!! Gives me a but I am grateful to be employed!

Mary take care, and enjoy your aveeno baths, and I am so pleased to hear there were no negative reports from your bloodwork. Let us hear from you.

Michelle, isn't it great to feel successful!! YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!

Dixie, my dahling....hope your hind end feels better soon, take care sweetums'

MissMeliss...have a good day "y'all"

sw 356/June 5th/331.4 August 7th
next weigh in scheduled 9/18 - appt with Dietician, will never make it that long, will be weighing soon I think, may try to hold out till 8/31 anyway. (If I can, I always get such a "thrill" seeing those #'s go down!!)
next goal: lose 30 lbs by 12/31
next goal: lose 50 lbs
final goal: 130ish!!

later chicklets
Old 08-22-2003, 09:09 AM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Gals!
I am happy to report that my Friday weigh-in has me down 2 more pounds!!! Today is a work at home day so I plan on going to the gym as soon as I get done this evening. Not sure exactly what I'll do - may just do some cardio work and try to get a feel for the place and the people. It's always nerve racking going to a new place. I may take my swimsuit and see if the pool is open. It's a small pool with only 2 swimming lanes. I think I have officially decided to go with the 3 month membership and as long as I like it I'll join longer term after that.

Jeff got home last night at 2am. He's already back up and at work. I'm tired because I had a hard time sleeping until he got home, but I'm sure he's exhausted.

Connie --- {{{{HUGS}}}} I hope you get to feeling better soon. Just remember that food is not going to help the pain. It might smooth it over for a couple minutes, but it's no fix. Hang in there!

Michelle ---- Are you still going to the Eagles game tonight??? Have fun!! I tried to get tickets through some people at work this week but no luck. Guess we'll watch from the comfort of the couch.

Mary ---- I sure hope you get rid of the itching soon.

Terri --- I'm with you, weekends are so tough for me. I am determined that this weekend won't get the best of me. I was so happy to see my loss today that I don't want to gain it back over a couple good meals! My goal for the weekend is to work out each day and go grocery shopping for some healthy food. That, along with a million other things on my "to do" list, but one thing at a time - those are my two priorities.

Pam ---- Sorry to hear that you and Jane are having a tough time right now. I certainly hope you are able to smooth things over this weekend. Good job not turning to food for comfort!!!

That's all I have time for now --- a big Hello to everyone else.

Make it a great day!
Love,
Barb
Old 08-22-2003, 09:14 AM   #9  

Morning girls.

Tina: I just wanted to confirm what I have said ever since the first time I came to this thread and you spoke of your dear husband (see, he deserved to have it written out versus dh) What a man, he is so romantic and caring and so in tune to you. I love my dh to death and he is my world and I am his I am sure because he does tell me once in a while, but to express it like that and to post it out there on the web (I am green with envy).
You are one lucky lady.....{{{HUGS}}}

Mary: I hope all gets better with the rash. Seems funny they can't tell ya what it is. Sending you soothing feelings.

Pam: I hope all is better between you and Jane. It is good to express your feelings, sometimes everyone needs a good old reality check of what is going on in their relationships. But, I am sure you two will work it out. {{{Hugs}}}

LoLa: I have never had them tell me that I had to fix something in my post? I have, however, lost many a posts to the posting monsters. They just seem to pop up and eat em sometimes. Good luck with the next one.

Michelle: I got the day off from work today, and my little one let me sleep.....then the phone rang at 7:45 and I had to get up. But it was nice while it lasted. Heres to wishing you another great OP day.....

Dixie: Hope it all gets better for you.

Well chicklets got a busy day ahead, so am gonna run..take care.

Sandy
Old 08-22-2003, 09:16 AM   #10  

Talking It's finally the end of the week! (for me)

Hi girls. Yesterday I finished well. Even though the beginning of my week was horrible. So, as expected today at weigh-in I maintained. No biggie.
My arms and shoulders are sore from adding on weight to my routine. I started with 5 pounds dumbells and I've just increase to 8 pounders. I can already see a difference in my arm muscle just after two workouts so I guess it was just the thing I needed. I'm so impatient so any results that I can see go a long, long way. Not a good personality trait but, oh well.
So I will start again this week harder than every because I really want to be under 200 by my 28th birthday on 9/22. Eek!

Pam,
I'm sorry that you and Jane are fighting. I hate that, it always makes me feel like crapola when Tom and I fight. But it sounds like the two of you have a safe and healthy relationship, so I'm certain you'll be back to normal in no time. It's also great that you were able to open up to eachother, without opening the fridge!

Determined,
Good luck with your goals this weekend. I'll be right there with you working out too!

I just got an assignment that is due at 10AM so I'll be back to reply to the rest of you girls later!
Old 08-22-2003, 11:17 AM   #11  

Hello again girls,

just had to pop back in and share my good news, weighed in just a little while ago, lost 5.1lbs since 8/7 - total loss now 29.7 lbs since 6/5 couldnt do it without all of your love support and encouragement, I am so blessed to have this place to come and be with all of you, YOU ARE ALL THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!

no time for individual replies now, but did want to say to Tina, WHAT A MAN YOU HAVE THERE GIRL!! WHAT A SWEETHEART! YOU HOLD ONTO HIM!

TIME TO SHAKE A LEG AND WALK AWAY SOME MORE LBS BEFORE GOING TO WORK

Later chicklets
Old 08-22-2003, 11:20 AM   #12  
working off those pounds

Talking who's over-eating?

Hey girls -

I'll do individual replies tonight, I just wanted to take a peek in and see what was happening

Justme: I need to start doing reps and stuff, once I get fully moved (I won't lie and say I need to get settled because we know how long it takes to get completely settled when you move). I've moved so many times in the past four or five years (college) that I seriously feel like I could throw all my belongings into garbage bags, plug in my computer and fee "settled."...Anyways..what sorts of reps do you do to tone your arms?

I have a project revisit at Wal*Mart today, just as soon as the package with the instructions arrive. I'm anxious for it to get here cause I need to do some food shopping as well and hey..I might as well wait and do it so I can get paid for gas mileage.

Meanwhile I'm having a cheese sandwich (wheat bread..Kraft low-fat singles) and SOY MILK for breakfast :gag:

I guess now I'm off to keep an eye out for UPS or FedEx...

Take care girls...until next time...

Melissa
Old 08-22-2003, 12:32 PM   #13  
BELIEVE!

Way to go Pam!!!!

Old 08-22-2003, 01:28 PM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Hey there guys!!

Good morning my sweet chickpeas! I am SO happy I only have one more day at work and then I am out of here for two glorious days!! The only downfall is that I miss you guys for two days and I absolutely hate that.

I want to thank you guys so much for all the warm comments about my dh. Ron is truly precious to me. I don't know what I would do without him. I mean, don't get me wrong. He can be your typical man..... you know, throws underwear in the floor, (but, he also does laundry) makes a mess (but, he will help clean) and spends $$ without asking about what bills need to be paid. He's not perfect.... heck, who among us are? Things haven't always been fantastic between us and about 4 years ago, it took us almost losing one another to realize what we had, but I'm thankful it did. While I wouldn't reccommend the tough time we went through to anyone, it made us come out all the stronger and the better for it. We are truly blessed. I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

For those of you that haven't seen my sweetie, here is a pic of him:

(As you can see, I'm not the only one who likes Tony)

This is us from our last vacation to Thompson, CT.

FLASHBACK! This was our wedding day!!

I'm going to include more in the next post.....

MissMeliss: To answer your question, I work at a national dispatch/answering service. We answer calls from all over the united states. From the mundane everyday real estate call to relaying emergency messages to doctors, lawyers and law enforcement. We cater to your answering needs. Geez, did that just sound like a commercial? I really like it though because it is never boring and my boss is the bomb!

Pam: I am SO proud of you girl! You are doing such an awesome job! Congrats on your loss! I'm sorry you and Jane are having a hard time, believe me.... I have been there. Keep your chin up though, you'll get through it and be stronger for it.

Sandy: You know, I told Ron that you were his biggest fan and he said, "Geez, what are you telling those guys?" Also, I just have to say this because I felt led to, so bear with me. I know you are going through a tough time right now, but remember.... we love you and want you to be happy and healthy. Together, we CAN do this. Just remember that.

Barb: Congrats on another loss! You are doing so well. Also, let us know how the membership goes. I've been thinking about joining the Y for awhile, but can't seem to get up the nerve. We've also got a Curves here that I've been looking at, but same thing applies. I've got to get the nerve up to work out in public.

Terri: Weekends seem to be a little harder on me too, but I am determined to succeed. I just noticed the little play on words there... You know, what I said and your user name? Ok...you get it. I'm ******ed. Anyways, before I babbled. I am challenging myself to stay within my points and exercise at least once.

Michelle: The new flex points program sounds so great! I can't wait to rejoin WW. I am following the program right now, but I do SO much better when I WI and go to the meetings. My heart tells me just to go pay the $30.00 to join and do the pre-pay later, but my pocketbook tells me to wait till I get that child tax credit check so I can go ahead and do the pre-pay and save $42. I know, it's just the bargainer in me. Once again..... I am SO proud of you. I just KNEW you could do it.

Mary: Glad to hear the results of the bloodwork were clear....hope the itching stops soon.

Connie: I am sending MAJOR healing vibes your way. I'm sorry that you're going through a tough time right now....I wish there was some way I could help you. On the other side though.....I know eating will take your mind off of it, but just for a moment. Remember in the end, you're just going to feel worse. Take care, ok? {{{hugs}}}

Lola: You never ever have to apologize to us for getting mad about losing a post. I can't even tell you the times I have done that and wanted to scream. If I had a nickel for everytime I sat for over an hour and worked on a post just to lose it.... well, I'd have enough money to re-join WW right now. I always copy mine. I've learned my lesson.

Kat: My heart goes out to you and your "moving day". I can't imagine. As it is, my 15 year old wants to move out in our shed in the backyard so he'll have a "bachelor pad". I'm like, "What's up with that?" He just wants a place where he can sit and play video games nonstop. Here's a big hug to help you stay strong today. {{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}

Amanda, Lucky, 2cute, Thin, Steph, Joe anne, (both of you) and everyone else I missed, I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend and I will pop in tomorrow for one last post before I am off for a couple of days...

I love you guys..
Old 08-22-2003, 01:29 PM   #15  
Progress..not perfection

Talking More pictures......

We were dating here.... he was helping me wash my first car.

Yes, we both worked at Krystal while we were dating. (For those of you that don't know what a "Krystal" is....it's a fast food restaurant where they sell little square hamburgers. (kinda like White Castle)

Me and Ron on my 17th birthday

THIS is my goal! I want a piggyback ride again. We were dating here, this is at a local lake.

And last but not least, me and Ron on our 3 week "anniversary". Aren't we cute?

Geeez, I got kinda picture happy there, didn't I?
Closed Thread