Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 5/26 - Sun 5/27

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-26-2012, 01:47 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

So a few NSVs went to a reversal dinner tonight. Ate OP didn't drink. Can't sleep in hotel bed because it's too firm and I'm wide awake after an argument. So I got up and wanted to go to the fridge. Instead I'm on the couch with my blender bottle full of ice water writing g this note. I'm frustrated because I'm tired but wide freaking awake! No more desire for the fridge. It is nice to exercise some will power!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #3  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

More water then bed. Exhaustion is taking over.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:35 AM   #4  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
So a few NSVs went to a reversal dinner tonight. Ate OP didn't drink. Can't sleep in hotel bed because it's too firm and I'm wide awake after an argument. So I got up and wanted to go to the fridge. Instead I'm on the couch with my blender bottle full of ice water writing g this note. I'm frustrated because I'm tired but wide freaking awake! No more desire for the fridge. It is nice to exercise some will power!
Quote:
More water then bed. Exhaustion is taking over.
Sorry to hear your frustration bud...but VERY glad to hear you have resisted the temptations (and/or habit) that many of us have turned to for many years...the fridge.

Keep your chin up, tomorrows another day, and Im betting when you look back at this you will be proud of your choice, and the argument wont seem like such a big deal as it does now. Ive got a hot temper that keeps me in trouble a LOT, and my wife (shes such a dork) finds humor in my anger, which of course makes me even madder while she snickers away and often makes fun of my 'rages'. My 3 daughters are now old enough to all jump in on it...Im living in the estrogen ocean here....

Hang tough, and talk to you tomorrow!
Old 05-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #5  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Good for you staying away from the fridge Vet! I know you are in this for the long haul, besides if you slip up I am gonna have to drive on up to vemont and kick your butt. LOL .. (feeling kinda onery today)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Sorry to hear your frustration bud...but VERY glad to hear you have resisted the temptations (and/or habit) that many of us have turned to for many years...the fridge.

Keep your chin up, tomorrows another day, and Im betting when you look back at this you will be proud of your choice, and the argument wont seem like such a big deal as it does now. Ive got a hot temper that keeps me in trouble a LOT, and my wife (shes such a dork) finds humor in my anger, which of course makes me even madder while she snickers away and often makes fun of my 'rages'. My 3 daughters are now old enough to all jump in on it...Im living in the estrogen ocean here....

Hang tough, and talk to you tomorrow!
"Im living in the estrogen ocean here" hahahahahaha that cracked me up. Good luck with that!
Old 05-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good early morning - 4:30 - - ugh - - can't sleep - i haven't had a night like this in a long while. Hat being sleepless. Checking in here - but everyone else must be slumbering as it is pretty darn quiet on here.

I've had a pretty good week staying OP. Don't feel many changes though. I'm waiting for my pants to be loose. I've always gotten "stuck in the 170's", and don't want that to happen. I want to get down to the 160's - then I think I will feel a big difference. I don't WI until this coming Wednesday - I hope to be down 5.

Can't wait to get through this day at work - I'm looking forward to 2 days off - I usually only get 1. It will be a welcome break as I feel drained after the Mother's Day week and then my daughter's HS graduation, and then right into the busyness(how DO you spell that) of Memorial Day.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!
Old 05-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #7  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody

I had a rough night last night. I have been having back trouble and for some reason last night it hurt terribly. So I took a vicoden that I had laying around from when I had oral surgery. Not a good idea. It did take the edge off of the back pain but man did I feel sick. dizzy and throwing up. I am feeling good today though, had a great night sleep. I will not do that again.

Anyhow, I am getting ready for a fun weekend. My 3 year old Great niece who I love dearly is staying with us for the weekend and on Monday we are hosting memorial day BBQ here at my house.The weather finally improved so I am looking forward to some fun.

Have a great day everybody and no matter what stay on plan
Old 05-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Good morning my friends. Happy Memoreal Day weekend!
I am having a scare. My Ketones are measuring only as a trace? This is unusual for me, ususally they register at a moderate. The only changes I have made is adding extra protein, per my coach. Also, I have discovered asparagus.....but they are OP. I have been using quite a bit of Pam to roast them. Those are the only changes.......I am really concerned.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Wuv... I have to say again that you are looking absolutely SUMMER-LICIOUS! You continue to be an inspiration and are just GLOWING in your monthly update pix. Thanks for having the courage to share and just be you! (JellyMae also looks stunning. So proud of y'all!)
Old 05-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

I am in the home stretch, small lose this week (1.2lbs) but I will take it - it got me into the 130's and now I am only 11lbs from goal. Having a great time buying clothes but trying not to buy anything that may be too lose when I drop another size - so lots of shoes, dresses and tops - will get the bottoms when I reach goal.
I don't have a coach because of distance, but I do purchase from a spa that sells the product - when I went yesterday to stock up I mentioned to the owner that I had only lost 1.2lbs this past week and he said "then you are not in Ketosis, if you were in ketosis you would drop 3lbs" - I smiled nicely and told him I was 100% OP and he said that was impossible if I only lost 1.2lbs. I said I would review my journal but what I really wanted to do was punch him right between the eyes. Thanks to this site I know you can be 100% and still not lose 3lbs EVERY week.....arghhh. Sorry I just had to vent. I feel bad for the people not on this site who would let a jerk like this break their spirit.
To all my American friends - Have a wonderful Memorial weekend.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #11  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Glad you had a successful rehearsal dinner but sorry for you not being able to sleep. Like longhorn said You will be glad with your decision to trust you will power. You can do this under any type of pressure, ONE hurdle ACCOMPLISHED with many many more to follow so STAY STRONG my friend, YOU GOT THIS!....by the way....where is the watch now?....I'm anxious for you!!....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good for you staying away from the fridge Vet! I know you are in this for the long haul, besides if you slip up I am gonna have to drive on up to vemont and kick your butt. LOL .. (feeling kinda onery today)
I'll pick you up on the way Cadu!....he will have 2 angry women after him to kick his tail!...NOOOOO slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Good morning my friends. Happy Memoreal Day weekend!
I am having a scare. My Ketones are measuring only as a trace? This is unusual for me, ususally they register at a moderate. The only changes I have made is adding extra protein, per my coach. Also, I have discovered asparagus.....but they are OP. I have been using quite a bit of Pam to roast them. Those are the only changes.......I am really concerned.
I have NEVER worried about any of that, You are following the program 100% and its telling you this? SOOO, you are adding STRESS to yourself that is UNNEEDED. Just follow the sheet and DON"T WORRY! TRUST ME, no stress is MUCH better than stressing yourself out over nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
Wuv... I have to say again that you are looking absolutely SUMMER-LICIOUS! You continue to be an inspiration and are just GLOWING in your monthly update pix. Thanks for having the courage to share and just be you! (JellyMae also looks stunning. So proud of y'all!)
Why Thank you Steven, telling me I am summer-licious has jsut made my day and its only 7am....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
I am in the home stretch, small lose this week (1.2lbs) but I will take it - it got me into the 130's and now I am only 11lbs from goal. Having a great time buying clothes but trying not to buy anything that may be too lose when I drop another size - so lots of shoes, dresses and tops - will get the bottoms when I reach goal.
I don't have a coach because of distance, but I do purchase from a spa that sells the product - when I went yesterday to stock up I mentioned to the owner that I had only lost 1.2lbs this past week and he said "then you are not in Ketosis, if you were in ketosis you would drop 3lbs" - I smiled nicely and told him I was 100% OP and he said that was impossible if I only lost 1.2lbs. I said I would review my journal but what I really wanted to do was punch him right between the eyes. Thanks to this site I know you can be 100% and still not lose 3lbs EVERY week.....arghhh. Sorry I just had to vent. I feel bad for the people not on this site who would let a jerk like this break their spirit.
Can I help you punch him in the face???? I eat the SAME thing just about EVERY WEEK and I have been losing ONE pound a week. Its driving me crazy but it is what it is, can't do anything about it. Good for you for staying positive, you have come a long ways....congrats!

Good morning everyone, its only 7am and I am awake already....why?.....lol...I am NEVER up this early but I had to get up and take medicine, I have a really bad sinus headache, sniffles and yes my throat is killing me. So back to bed for me and I will check in again later
Old 05-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #12  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Good early morning - 4:30 - - ugh - - can't sleep - i haven't had a night like this in a long while. Hat being sleepless.
We were the same this morning. I was awake at 4:30, too. I'm usually never like that. I got my DH up with me, but he's gone back to bed now. For me, once I'm up, I'm up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody

I had a rough night last night. I have been having back trouble and for some reason last night it hurt terribly. So I took a vicoden that I had laying around from when I had oral surgery. Not a good idea. It did take the edge off of the back pain but man did I feel sick. dizzy and throwing up. I am feeling good today though, had a great night sleep. I will not do that again.
Sorry to hear about your back. I can relate, I have a lot of back problems, too. I am sorry that something you took made you feel worse. I'll keep you in my thoughts so your weekend can be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Sorry to hear about the spa owner giving you such a bad time. I can relate. I had a coach who was like that. Same mentality, you're cheating if you don't consistently lose 3 or more pounds. I was never anything but 100% OP. Wuv told me what she's told you. That's what is so great about this forum. You get the "real" story from those who have been there and know, plus the affirmation that you should get from the centers and coaches. Stick with all of us here. You'll get through. I've now made it 4 1/2 months and over 50 pounds. It does work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I'll pick you up on the way Cadu!....he will have 2 angry women after him to kick his tail!...NOOOOO slipping

Good morning everyone, its only 7am and I am awake already....why?.....lol...I am NEVER up this early but I had to get up and take medicine, I have a really bad sinus headache, sniffles and yes my throat is killing me. So back to bed for me and I will check in again later [/COLOR]
Hey, swing by Georgia on your way to pick up CADU and USMCVET will have three angry women.

Wuv, so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope you got lots of healing sleep. Take care.

Long weekend for me Unfortunately, DH does not get that luxury. We get today and some of tomorrow together before he has to sleep to get ready for four 12 hour nights.

WI tomorrow (I monitor myself now). Don't feel skinny this week though 100% OP. Someone send me that elusive whoosh fairy.

Have a great weekend.
Molly
Old 05-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #13  

All I can say is "help" - I just joined this site and have no idea what I am doing. I am usually really good with the computer but I am so green that i have posted twice and can't find them to see if anyone has answered. I am look for others on the IP diet to discuss how it is going and current issues such as racing heart??? Has anyone experienced their heart racing frequently?

Any suggestions on how to work this site would be great!! Thanks,
Old 05-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/168/150

Skipped weigh in last week due to TOM.... this week down 7 more lbs!!! Such a wonderful feeling! It's supposed to be hot but beautiful this weekend in NE Ohio. Lots of outside plans. Hope everyone has a fantastic long weekend!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #15  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracon1 View Post
All I can say is "help" - I just joined this site and have no idea what I am doing. I am usually really good with the computer but I am so green that i have posted twice and can't find them to see if anyone has answered. I am look for others on the IP diet to discuss how it is going and current issues such as racing heart??? Has anyone experienced their heart racing frequently?

Any suggestions on how to work this site would be great!! Thanks,
Hi Bracon1,
Click on your "name" over to the left of one of your posts right above your avatar. It's a link. One of the selections is "Find more posts by Bracon" click that and it will display your posts.

We all had to learn. Don't feel bad. Don't be afraid (or feel stupid) to ask for help.

Molly
Closed Thread