Old 05-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #1  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

S/C/G: 330/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Default Intermittent fasting (IF) revolving slow carb

Hi all, have not seen any IF threads, and that’s what I do with slow carb/4hour body~ so I plan to keep accountability here and hope you will join me, or maybe just leave some encouraging words along the way

definition:
Intermittent fasting (IF) is a pattern of eating that alternates between periods of fasting (usually meaning consumption of water only) and non-fasting.
There is some evidence that intermittent fasting may have beneficial effects on the health and longevity of animals—including humans—that are similar to the effects of caloric restriction (CR). There is currently no consensus as to the degree to which this is simply due to an (often) concomitant overall decrease in calories. (IF and CR are forms of Dietary Restriction (DR), which is sometimes referred to as Dietary Energy Restriction (DER).)
Scientific study of intermittent fasting in rats (and anecdotally in humans) was carried out at least as early as 1943.
A specific form of IF is alternate day fasting (ADF), (this the form I use) also referred to as every other day fasting (EOD), or every other day feeding (EODF), a 48-hour routine typically composed of a 24-hour fast followed by a 24-hour non-fasting period

definition:
SLOW or Low-carbohydrate diets or low-carb diets are dietary programs that restrict carbohydrate consumption usually for weight control or for the treatment of obesity. Foods high in digestible carbohydrates (e.g. bread, pasta) are limited or replaced with foods containing a higher percentage of proteins and fats (e.g. meat, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, cheese, nuts, seeds and peanuts) and other foods low in carbohydrates (e.g. most salad vegetables), although other vegetables and fruits (especially berries) are often allowed. The amount of carbohydrate allowed varies with different low-carbohydrate diets.
Such diets are sometimes ketogenic (i.e. they restrict carbohydrate intake sufficiently to cause ketosis). The Induction phase of the Atkins diet is ketogenic.
The term "low-carbohydrate diet" is generally applied to diets that restrict carbohydrates to less than 20% of caloric intake, but can also refer to diets that simply restrict or limit carbohydrates.
Low-carbohydrate diets are used to treat or prevent some chronic diseases and conditions including: Cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure and diabetes, epilepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome (see ketosis) and polycystic ovarian syndrome.

Some history of me
I had gastric bypass surgery over 10 years ago and dropped 100 pounds that plateaued for around 6 years or so, my pouch is stretched and Im at the point where most post op regain all the weight or most of it back but I managed to not gain ANY of the weight I lost from the surgery (YAY)...than one day I found a body builders web site and joined ( lol at 230+lbs I was FAR from a professional body builder) the site was basically all guys lol and pretty harsh BUT they were honest dedicated and took no lame whinny excuses for anything ...they laid out a plan of life for me while considering my WLS needs, I followed it ~ I lost a whopping 80lbs fast and had more energy than ever...I was tone, my hair stopped falling out and my nails grew long and strong...I felt like a sexy super women lol

I got married to a man I met on eHarmony (lol I know) that turned out to be a body builder and super fine (never in my wildest dreams had I even seen this as a possibility for me, a gal once over 330lbs) BUT we fell into a rut of bliss...you know when all you want to do is snuggle on the couch and I gained the 80lbs back in 2 years due to eating garbage and not training.

SO here I am
Starting (on 6/1/12) the exact same plan I did previously
Posting for support encouragement and a swift kick in the butt if I start to falter ~ also posting to share what I have learned in those two years from people that make it their job/passion to reshape the body in the healthiest most beneficial way

I still talk with a few of the members there but being a male dominated site, the pix of gorgeous fitness models they bombard the boards with starts to get old and infuriating too me lol ~silly men

I’m a mother of a 17year old and foster mother of a 16 year old, FT student taking a double class load in hopes to grad in ½ the time (successfully too I might add 3.17 GPA) employed and my husband is leaving for an 18month tour in Afghanistan next Feb. I cannot spell and don’t even bother to try most times unless its school/work related , so if you are infurrated at my grammer/spelling you should prob just not come around lmbo and I love charts an grafts for tracking weight loss as well as hummor

Next post I will lay out my plan

Last edited by justanotherchix; 05-26-2012 at 02:04 PM.
justanotherchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #2  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

first know that I’m not a trainer or dietitian or coach or anything with any formal education in anything health related lol, I’m just sharing what the pro's taught me/ I researched/ what worked for me...so do your own research and find what works best for you

Ok so there are important facts to be known when any diet involves ketosis:
  1. the first week or so of weight loss is purely water weight. While the scale is exciting to watch as it plummets, keep in mind its only excess water
  2. drink water ALL DAY LONG, way more than 8 glasses. Ketogenic diet is known to cause dehydration ALSO you need to flush out your liver so drink lots of water!
  3. forget about net carbs and blah blah blah ...eat veggies -stay away from food changed by human kind (processed) and all will be good.
  4. fruit has sugar, natural yes but still sugar...know what is fruit (ex. Tomato, berries, zucchini etc.) So pick and choose which you will eat and know the carb level of it
  5. staying under 30 carbs a day will get you where ya wanna be
  6. having a "cheat" day or meal per week is important for several reasons.. A it will let your body know that you are not starving/shut down B you won’t feel deprived so much C over time you will notice that "junk food" is less and less appealing and makes you feel like cr@p lol

IF
  1. I do the 24 hour IF and 2x a week, but there are many forms of IF
  2. hunger at the overweight status is WAAAAAAY different that ACTUAL hunger. It’s in our heads folks ~ Pavlogs dog. We are used to eating (a lot) and at certain times so our body has just come to expect food and in fact craves it....this is different than actually NEEDING it
  3. soda and drink substitutes is food...its liquid but is food and creates a reaction in our body when consumed....stay away from them they are garbage that make us think we are no longer thirsty yet our body still is dehydrated after
  4. I have my rest day on IF days, no cardio just lite floor toning
Eat with in ½ hour of waking / cardio is awesome but muscle training is best, your body burns more cals even after your done training, eating after training is prime time

Macros: F= fat/ P= protein/C=carbs/CAL=calories/ S=sugars in each feeding (meal)

“Real” food is always best but I find it easier to keep track of macros with shakes plus less prep time and they don’t need to be refrigerated (very covenant!)

And there is plenty more important info such as vite supplements and stuff but again I’m no expert and don’t remember them all plus each person’s body/ mental health and health issues are different

I waned to post the stretching and p90x vid but I dont see how to...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6:00 AM Wake, Vitamins
*A/amino acids/B12/B5/B6/Biotin/C/calcium/D/E/fish oil/folic Acid/iron/fiber tabs/OMGA3 * (macros for all vite's = 2 P/ 2 F/ 10 CAL/ 2 C/ 2 SUG)
YES YOUR VITEMINS AND SUPPLEMNETS HAVE FATS SUGARS CALORIES CARBS be awear of what your eating

STRETCHES @ 6:00 AM

6:30 AM MEAL 1
-
Protein blend 12 almonds (27 P/ 2 F/ 150 CAL/ 3 C/ 1 SUG)
*my blend is ½ Premier protein choc shake with 1/2 scoop Creatien choc powder*
I toss it all in the blender and it’s like drinking rocky road ice cream

10:15 AM MEAL 2
-
Protein blend (27 P/ 2 F/ 150 CAL/ 3 C/ 1 SUG)

12:30 MEAL 3 -
Celery Radish Cucumber with home made spicy bean dip OR hardboiled egg whites (27 P/ 2 F/ 150 CAL/ 3 C/ 1 SUG)

3:30 MEAL 4 -
Protein blend (27 P/ 2 F/ 150 CAL/ 3 C/ 1 SUG)

2 fish oil, fiber tabs, amino pills
TRAIN@5:00 PM
* till failure every machine (usually 3 of 15)
Upper body on Mondays starting with10min Cardio (HITT)
IF on Tuesdays with P90X dvd
Lower bod on Wednesdays starting with10min Cardio
IF on Thursdays with P90X dvd
Booty-lish-ious routine listed below Fridays
PLANK: 30sec / each SIDE PLANK: 20sec and Full Stretching Routine

6:30 PM MEAL 5- (as soon as I get home from gym)
*must include lots veggie/ fiber/ protein / low carb fruit like tomatoes zucchini etc.
A homemade soup Bean or Lentil or Pea or Chicken very heavy on veggies (almost always to include 15 types of beans&peas&lentals/pepper/onion/celery/carrot/zuchini/eggplant/garlic/tomato/water/ sausage or chicken or beef) Or a plate of fish with hard cheese slices and veggie’s
(average: 24 P/ 2 F/ 215 CAL/ 30 C/ 2 SUG)

extra stretch in hip stacked positions (standing)
BED 11:00 Pm

Mental Notes
[•] 24 hour IF 2x week
[•] Water Intake 74fl daily
[•] Cheat day is Fri or Sat
Cheat day under 1200 cal (so if I want taco bell icecream chips or whatever, I just have small amounts of everything rather than eating the whole serving)
[•] This is for my accountability and entertainment. Not seeking any further food/ nutrition advise but feel free to leave words of encouragement

AB Leg lifts~ strait leg: 5, 2 sets/ bent side 2 side lifts 10, 3 sets
Triceps Press 90lbs 10, 4 set
Bicep Curl 30lbs, 5 set
Shoulder Press 10lbs 10, 6 set
Rear Delt Row 50lbs 10, 6 set
Back Extension 110lbs 15, 3 set
Chest Press 10lbs 15, 5 set
Pull Down 70lbs 10, 5 set
Fly 30lbs 15, 4 set
about 1.5 hour = Upper body Day MONDAYS

Calf Extension 70lbs 10, 6sets
Seated Leg Curl 75lbs 10, 7sets
Leg Extraction 75lbs 10, 5 sets
Seated Leg Press 110lbs 10 5 sets *my focus and butt builder: toes up so high on bar that they hangover and only heel is used to push. do 1 set feet parallel (l l) than another full set with feet forming a V (\ /) than another full set feet forming (/ \ ) each foot position works diff small muscles
Inner Hip Abduction 150lbs 15, 5 sets
Outer Hip Abduction 180lbs 15, 9 reps
1.5 hour = Lower body Day WEDNESDAYS

Last edited by justanotherchix; 05-27-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/156/135

Height: 5'2"

Sounds interesting, I will watch your progress! Good luck!
gapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #4  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

4 more days till I start!

I have the house staked with all I need, weight and measurement charts are created, and my training videos/ gym schedule all set.
Husband and kids are on board and will give me grief if I start to weaver lol YAY

Tomorrow I will do my official weigh in and measurements

For the first month I am going to aknowledge each pound dropped, as a motovater (even if its mostly water hahahaha)

I cant wait until I finally get my ticker!

1pound =

Mini Goals & Rewards:
222 Colored Contact Lens
215 Pedicure
200 Micro Dermabrashion
185 Botox
160 New Wardrobe
145 Botox & Micro Dermabrashion
130 Ideal weight~Unsure, but Excited about it!

I gave myself lots of "stuff" as rewards during my 100lb loss phase, so this time I'm going to reward myself by pampering the *** out of me
Old 05-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #5  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
Sounds interesting, I will watch your progress! Good luck!
thanks, I appreciate it!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #6  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

Neck 14
Chest 41
Waist 38
Hip 49
Upper Arm 15
Thigh 28
Calf 18.5

Last edited by justanotherchix; 05-31-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 191(86.6)

Height: 5' 5"

Hello! I just found you on your journey today! Looking forward to see how it goes for you. I'm trying to learn more about the IF process, I just heard of it yesterday but I like the fact that it detoxes the body on a regular basis. Good luck!
chouchoubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #8  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

Hiya chouchoubou!
From what I know, there are several different IF approaches, and while some forms are religion based or body cleaning based, others are used for fitness, body regulation and by professional athletes/body builders during what is known as the "cutting phase". The cutting phase is my main choice although the body detox is a close second. The cutting phase is when body builders make the body do the work of burning its own fat stores so that the muscle definition is visable.

IF can be complete fasting of water only (religion preference) or the consumption of under around 600cals a day. It can be for 24 hours or 12 or even 6 hours, but each form has guidelines for the before and after IF hours. It is not an anorexic or starvation type thing where we just don’t eat, there is a format to it so that we use/ understand the safe, and even healthy way our body’s store/burn/use fat/cals/carbs/sugars.

One thing that utterly sold me on trying IF and CR is the Okinawa Centurion study. This was the world renown study of the group of people that have the longest life span on this planet, turns out they are in an area in Japan and although genetic play a part in their long living, CR and eating habits play a HUGE part. They lives INTO the 100's and are STILL healthy, active, drug free people check it out its wicked interesting

The first few times it can be a struggle on IF ...cuz let’s face it ~not eating is just plain weird for us in a culture that is SURROUNDED by food, and even have free food pushed on us to try at the mall food courts lol but our bodies are not made to handle this overabundance of low nutrient, high sugar /fat /corn /wheat/carb flood of food during all hours every single day...BUT it gets so easy after a while to be IF.
For me personally, I feel like "yea tummy rumble way baby lol cuz your made to store fat for those tuff winters and the days the hunting party came home with no food but now your spoiled, and beyond healthy food storage capacity" lol .
I reinforce to myself that I’m in a culture that’s so messed up about food and the natural body workings, so when I pass like a McDonalds, I picture plastic food that’s unappealing (cuz let’s face it, if their hamburgers and fries do NOT decompose ~ it’s not food like

Its mind over matter baby~ if you don’t mind/ it don’t matter

Best of luck in your weightloss, no matter how you choose to make it happen!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #9  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

so its my first day of a new path...surgery went fine BUT i cant start my plan of training until 10days from now I am told (no biggy, 10 more days will pass fairly fast) and today they have me on a food plan so I dont get nausious or constipated due to all the drugs Im pumped up with and spinal eppidural etc. soooo the intake regulation will have to start tomorrow (also no biggy, I waited this long, 1 more day is nothin).

so for now I will rest (in my pain killer indused state lol) and tomorrow I will:

STRETCHES @ 6:00 AM

6:30 AM MEAL 1 -
Protein blend 12 almonds (27 P/ 2 F/ 150 CAL/ 3 C/ 1 SUG)
*my blend is ½ Premier protein choc shake with 1/2 scoop Creatien choc powder*
I toss it all in the blender and it’s like drinking rocky road ice cream

10:15 AM MEAL 2 -
Protein shake (30 P/ 2 F/ 150 CAL/ 3 C/ 1 SUG)

12:30 MEAL 3 -
Celery Radish Cucumber with home made spicy bean dip OR hardboiled egg whites (27 P/ 2 F/ 150 CAL/ 3 C/ 1 SUG)

3:30 MEAL 4 -
Protein shake (30 P/ 2 F/ 150 CAL/ 3 C/ 1 SUG)

2 fish oil, fiber tabs, amino pills
TRAIN@5:00 PM ~on hold for 10days

6:30 PM MEAL 5- .
A homemade chicken soup
onion/celery/carrot/garlic/water/red pepper flakes/scallions/chicken broth/chicken breast
(average: 24 P/ 2 F/ 215 CAL/ 30 C/ 2 SUG)

extra stretch in hip stacked positions (standing)
BED 11:00 Pm

*maybe even sqeez in some homework, if I dont feel too loopey

Last edited by justanotherchix; 05-31-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #10  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

Doing great ...gonna change up my plan a lill bit though; due to some research I have been looking at, and my desire to drop lbs fast

No nuts no cooked onions or peppers no tomatoes no squash no carrots no dairy or hard cheeses no olives no green beans no avacado like I used to eat

The cutting of these foods with assist in the speedy droppage of pounds and measurements due to the long-chained sugars, which digest slowly and do not raise blood sugar quickly.
HOWEVER If you cook them in any way, those sugars break down to short-chained sugars, causing higher blood sugar and an insulin spike (like eating candy ). Since the goal is to reset my pancreas by resting it, giving it sugar makes it work. While it may not knock me out of ketosis, it is counter-productive to our goal to get the weight off as fast as possible.

started 6/2/12 lost=

Last edited by justanotherchix; 06-06-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #11  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

started 6/2/12 lost=

doing good

Last edited by justanotherchix; 06-05-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #12  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

started 6/2/12 lost=

2 more lbs dropped after IF day thats 10 pounds gone in about 5 days
obviously this rate of loss wont remain, its just the first weeks water loss that makes it so radical

Last edited by justanotherchix; 06-06-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I am currently living an atkins based lifestyle. It works well for me and I like it I also work out a lot. (that was just a little fyi sorry) anyway I read where you said that its important to have cheat days which is a no no on atkins. Doesnt this throw you out of ketosis. It takes me two days to get into it in the first place.
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #14  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

hi...yea I did the atkins as well, this is sorta like it with a twist of IP or south beach or what ever lol
they are all based to different extremes on the pancrease and the body working its self to drop pounds

my "cheat day" is still under 1200 cal and and depending on what I eat as cheat food (sometimes i dont crave carb sugar like stuff and sometimes i still stay under 40 net carbs) but yes I usualy go over and leave keto state, i will sometimes gain a 1 or 2 pounds back but its mostly water weight and falls off within 2 days and than the next day is a large drop...oh and also my cheat day is after a fasting day of 24 hour only water intake so that makes a big diff than the atkins cuz with atkins your still taking in food the day before and your bod has protein as fuel, were a fasting is no fuel so it immediatly taps the reserves the day before so the body will be burning the glucos and protien for fuel* it wont store till after it uses whats required to run*

and i dont care so much what a scale tells me i weigh...body builders are massive and tight yet concidered obeese on the BMI scale ~ all uselss forms of measuring health IMO
so I do measurements 1x month to see HOW my body is changing.
I would be happy if i weighed what I do now yet I was all muscle and toned
taking into consideration that fat takes up more mass and weighs LESS than muscle just confirms that the scale , for me anyway is just a marker I use towards progress not a reliable source hence my goal being a size 7 whatever weight that shows up as...

I dont sweat the gains up to 5lbs cuz water fluxuates esp during period cycle

but this is a life style and I want no style of living where i feel deprived or sad/mad if i dont eat a bite or 2 something tastey or have a glass of wine or 2 with friends and family

Last edited by justanotherchix; 06-07-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Good job! I am going to just stick with not cheating wait till I am down at least 20lbs before I move off of induction and then start doing some of the low carb treats to to full fill my cravings. I take into account the way my body looks and how my clothes fit more than the scale but in the start I just look at the scale because the changes in the body start out slow.
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote