Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #55
lilywinsit

S/C/G: 306/253/205

Height: 5' 10"

Post Come to Join You!

My name is Lily and I started last month on 3fat chicks. I'll be 63 in August, Been married to my DH for 40 years , and we have a daughter who has end stages MS and 2 sons, oldest is married and has our 2 beautiful granddaughters 9.5 & 11 yrs. Younger son is engaged to a wonderful lady with 2 girls 13 & 16 yrs. more granddaughters! Both sons love women 5 yrs. older than them DH retired last year so we are still adjusting to 24/7 with each other!

Been over weight most of my life, tried almost every diet out there, some worked temporarily, others not so much. Managed to loose 37 pounds on a lean Atkins plan 10 yrs. ago and have been bouncing back and forth in a 20 pound range ever since.

In those years, physically I became Diabetic and worked my way up to Insulin 3 years ago, had my left hip replaced 6 yrs. ago and my right knee 5 yrs ago. We moved from a small farm where we lived for 27 years into a Beautiful 55+ Modular Home park 4 yrs. ago. I fell the next year and broke 2 ribs, very painful and it's taken me 2 yrs. to get over it. Needless to say I have not done a whole lot of exercise in the last years. Walking and balance are problems but I try to stay active. hoping to do more now that I have lost weight!

Started a Cleanse and De-tox program in Jan 2012 to get healthier and hopefully lose weight, cutting out the sugar and white foods from my diet. Eating lean meats and seafoods, lots of green veggies and tomatoes, 2 fruit a day, 2 breadsticks, a greens drink, herb tea, lots of water, vitamins. See my weight ticker!

So many health improvements, weight loss, and Most Important... I'm off Insulin - WHOOPPEE for 2 months now!!! and my blood sugars are staying very good as I slowly add back a few starches, dairy products, I'm still taking the Metformin.

I love going out into nature, mountains & trees, rivers & streams, oceans & sunsets, just seeing the incredible scenery that surrounds us... and taking those images back with me to paint on canvas, I am an artist and paint with oils and acrylics.

Highest weight: 337 10 years ago

Last edited by lilywinsit : 05-26-2012 at 02:02 AM.
lilywinsit is offline   Reply With Quote